How to avoid long lines at check in and get to parks?

mala55

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are getting closer to our first trip to DLP in August. So excited!
We will only be there 2 nights. We are coming by train from Paris. We will arrive in the afternoon. I’m thinking around 1 or 2pm. We will be staying at the Newport Bay.

I hear there can be long lines to check in to Newport Bay. Also, check in is not until 3pm. We want to get to the parks ASAP. I know we can leave our luggage at hotel and go to parks, but how do we get our park tickets (bought as part of a package) without checking in?

Thx

You can check in at any time during the day and get your park tickets and any vouchers etc you booked
You just wont have access to your room until after 3 although if the room is ready early they will give you access right away.
As Olaf said the lines at that time shouldnt be too bad

Good to know. Thank you. I think we will take our chances and try check in hoping for short lines. Adding an extra expense of a package seems a possible waste, but I handed to the people who came up with the idea....between express shuttles, ultimate fast passes, etc, it makes an alright expensive vacation more expensive.

Lines can get long at check in, but they are rarily more than an hour, 30 minutes is already long. For many guests it's just sign the documents and get the instructions to your room.

And if you have ultimate fastpasses, I wouldn't worry about time you might lose at checking in. You will save plenty of time.

I arrived around noon on a Monday a few weeks ago, and the line to check in was no longer than five minutes. The longest part was all of the forms that had to be filled out, that was a little bit annoying! And happily our room was ready so we didn’t have to leave our luggage and we could go straight to our room!

I hope it works out the same for us. We are going in late August. Schools will still be out for summer break, so I’m thinking it might be very busy. Fingerscrossed we are lucky.

We should arrive around 9:30 in the morning. Also hoping for a short check in line. But wondering if it might be busy at that time due to park opening.

We should arrive around 9:30 in the morning. Also hoping for a short check in line. But wondering if it might be busy at that time due to park opening.

I haven't checked in that early, but I wouldn't worry about park opening. As the hotel guests have EMH from 8:30 to 9:30, so those who go to the park, will be out of your way. Those who check out, have to check out by 11(?), and might clutter the lobby to wait for transportation back to the airport or to other destinations. Technically if you have nothing to pay or to report, you could just leave. And there should be different desks to check in and to ask questions. So it might look busy in the lobby, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a crowd to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter