How the heck are we goingto handle this?

llggood

Mouseketeer
We took our 5 year old Autistic son a few years ago. We got a Guest assistance Pass due to the fact he could NOT tolerate waiting in crowds of people for long periods of time. This worked great. We used Fast Pass on the rides and basically used the disabled pass for shows. We had 3 people in our party, my husband, me and child plus 2 grandparents. Well the pass was for 5 people so it worked great. Now to the problem, this time it is hubby, me and four kids! There are 6 of us so if the pass is only good for 5 people what the heck do I do with our 6th kid? Does this mean hubby and me will have to split up and each take some kids?

Dear llggood--

A Guest Assistance Card at Walt Disney World can be valid for up to 6 Guests (5 plus the Guest needing assitance). So in your case, simply stop by Guest Relations at the beginning of your trip and ask for a new Guest Assitance Card for a party of 6 (six).

Many attractions at Walt Disney World were made accessible after they were originally designed. As a result, many attractions could not accommodate more than six Guests in their alternate boarding area. That is the reason for limiting the number of people who may utilize alternate boarding areas with a Guest Assistance Card. Those parties that have more than six guests are asked to seperate into two groups.

Have a magical vacation

I just wanted to clarify for other readers that the Guest Assistance Card is not a Pass (it doesn't give immediate access) and not all GACs have the same messages stamped on them. The message that is put on the card is appropriate for the needs of the person with a disability. For example, someone with a child with mobility needs who does not have a wheelchair might have a stamp that allows a stroller to be treated like a wheelchair (brought into lines). Someone with autism might have the messages that llggood mentioned.
The GAC generally is good for the length of your stay and you will need to get another one for your next visit (some frequent visitors get GACs with longer valid dates).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter