How should I coordinate this...

Tikitoi

DIS Veteran
We will be flying in from Upstate NY to the Las Vegas International airport. This is either for late fall this year or spring next year. Still deciding that as well.

But the other decisions we are trying to make is how to coordinate between 6 days in Vegas, 2 days at the Grand Canyon (which would also in the Hoover Dam) and 2 days at Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier.

We were thinking of doing all the driving first so from airport then to Cali then GC and drop the car off back at the airpirt the lastly in Vegas...Looking I guess for the most economical way as far as a car rental and driving time...I guess. Any ideas..Thanks

Well, personally I would check Groupon for teh Vegas City Card or individual Hoover Dam tour and Grand Canyon experience as you can save quite a bit on those. I am assuming you mean western rim Grand Canyon? Because those are just partial day trips from LV. Unless you mean SOuth or North rim, which is a whole different discussion. 6 days in vegas is quite a long time in my opinion. SO I would just make those 2 trips included in the 6 days. Then rent a car, drive out to Santa Monica, stay your days there, and then fly home out of LAX.

Completely agree with Steve. That's a lot of driving you're planning, especially if you're planning on getting down to the North/South rim of the Grand Canyon. Do the GC and Hoover Dam from Las Vegas (even helicopter tour of GC) and then head to CA so you can do more relaxing/sightseeing and less driving.

Definitely will see what groupon has to offer as far as this trip. And as far as the rim of the Canyon we haven't even discussed that. I guess it's good we have some planning time...lol. Though we have been to the South Rim. We want to drive there and were hoping to stay at El Tovar which is why we may just leave it until spring next year.

As far as the number of days we are choosing for Vegas that is based on the fact that it has been a few years since we've been there. But we may look into the suggestion of flying in one airport and out another to try to lessen some driving.

Fly into Vegas...rent the car one was LAS-CA...do the Vegas things...drive to CA...drop car off and fly outta an LA area airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter