How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 8/9

DAY 3 - EPCOT

Saturday will be spent at Epcot. I’ll have breakfast at Contempo Cafe before taking the MONORAIL. Ah!!! So excited for that. I’ll be headed to Soarin’ at rope drop and then to meet Joy & Sadness and Baymax.

giphy.gif

I hope the lines aren’t too long, but we’ll see. Then I’ll head to the single rider line at Test Track. I’ve had good luck with that in the past. I have no interest in designing my car.

After that are FastPasses at Spaceship Earth at 10am, Mission Space at 11am, and Frozen Ever After at 12pm. I’ll try to head to Nemo and Turtle Talk before hitting the World Showcase. I have lunch at Via Napoli and am super excited about it. I love me some pizza!

giphy.gif

Also thinking about meeting some characters around the World Showcase. I haven’t met that many, and I think it’s time I start trying more.
I may take a break in the afternoon. I also really want to explore the World Showcase, so we’ll see how the heat is affecting me. The monorail would be convenient. But I’ll definitely be back for Illuminations! I love that show, and with the rumors about a replacement, this is now a high priority.

I’m not sure about supper. Quick Service or a snack somewhere in the World Showcase, I’m sure. We’ll see what I’m in the mood for. Then after Illuminations, I usually park myself somewhere and wait for the crowds to exit. Maybe do a little World Showcase shopping. Then I’ll make my way to the MONORAIL. Can you tell I’m excited about staying at a monorail resort?

Next Post: Day 4 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-15.3687163/page-2#post-59441824"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/15[/URL]

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun day at Epcot! And noooooooooooo, not excited for a monorail resort--we can't tell at all. :)

I didn't realize you normally can't design your car when doing single rider line at Test Track, 'cause I'e done single rider 2 or 3 times and designed my car each time. *shrugs*

DAY 4 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Plans for this day have changed so much with Toy Story Land’s opening. I had a SDD FastPass for 3pm, but with a 7am EMH, I know there’s no way I’m going to want to stay that long. You may call me nuts, but I swapped it out for a 9:30am Toy Story Mania FastPass instead. I’d rather Rope Drop SDD that morning than have to plan on staying until 3pm. I initially wanted to Rope Drop Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, but I think I can make it to them after SDD and still have minimal waits. I have FPs for them later in the morning as well, so I should be fine.

giphy.gif

So now the plan is to arrive obscenely early, head to SDD, then backtrack to RnR and ToT. Hopefully I can even get multiple rides on each, but we’ll see. At some point, I’ll stop for breakfast and then head to Toy Story Mania around 9:30. After that, Star Tours and Muppets. Then back to use FPs at RnR and ToT. Two of my absolute favorite rides.

I have a lunch reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby at 12:15pm. Really looking forward to this one. Especially after an early morning and a hot day. A nice long lunch is what I’ll need. After that, I’m definitely planning on taking a break at the resort. Maybe get in some pool time or maybe a nap. I’m not sure.

giphy.gif

I’m definitely planning on coming back to the park for the evening, though. I really want to see Disney Movie Magic, and maybe the Star Wars fireworks. (I could actually use some advice on whether or not the fireworks are something I should see if I have very little interest in all things Star Wars.) Plus, I might try for SDD before closing to see what it’s like at nighttime. And hopefully I can schedule a FP for either RnR or ToT in the evening after using my first three.

It will be a late night, I’m sure, but the next day is my “Day Off.” I think it will be worth it, though. I’m excited for Toy Story Land, and want to make sure I enjoy it. I didn’t really enjoy the world of Pandora in October because I Rope Dropped and then only had half a day to do other things in the park before hopping to HS for the afternoon. I need to make sure and slow down this trip to enjoy the parks themselves and not just rush from ride to ride.

Next Post: Exciting Mail!
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-15.3687163/page-2#post-59479063"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/15[/URL]

Last edited:
EXCITING MAIL!!!

I am currently 32 days out from Disney World. I can hardly believe it. How is it so close now? It will be here before I know it. And, believe it or not, I keep updating my plans. Adjusting FastPass and ADR times. I can't stop myself! I'll probably still be updating during my trip. The curse of being a planner. :)

Anyway, I wanted to update with some really fun mail I've received recently.

2018-07-14 23.33.08.jpg

Obviously, the envelope is my Magical Express information and luggage tag. Thing is, it's a little less exciting than normal, as I don't plan on using the luggage tag. I want to unpack and settle in as soon as I'm in my room, so I have decided to fetch my own luggage. I have only had good experiences with DME in the past, but I don't want to wait until later in the evening to unpack. Magic Kingdom awaits!

The three gift cards were purchased online a month or so ago. They came a couple weeks ago, but they're just so dang cute, I had to take a picture of them too. Some of my favorite Disney couples. I didn't even plan it that way. They were just the designs I liked.

They each have $150 on them and are to be used for dining. It's my own makeshift dining plan. One is for quick service and snacks, and the other two for my table service meals. Of course, if one runs out, I can use the others, but I feel like I'll be better at tracking my expenses this way. I also hate having tons of charges on my credit or debit card after a trip, so this helps keep that to a minimum. Plus, they're really, really cute. :) I wish I could have gotten more.

Next Post: Day 5 Plans

[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-15.3687163/page-2#post-59479095"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/15[/URL]

Last edited:

DAY 5 - DAY OFF, DISNEY SPRINGS

I plan on sleeping in a bit this morning. I do have a 9:00am breakfast at The Wave, but that is late for me on a Disney trip. :) Plus, I’ll just be heading downstairs. It will take me 15 minutes to get ready. I’m a low-maintenance gal.

giphy.gif

I always like at least one sit-down breakfast each trip. Then my plan is to do laundry and hang out at the pool while it’s getting done. Since laundry is in the Garden Wing, and the Garden Wing is close to the pool, it makes sense to me. Plus, I want to make sure I get in some pool time. I rarely do, but I have to make sure I relax for at least part of this trip.

After breakfast, pool time, and laundry, I’ll head to Disney Springs.

giphy.gif

So excited for the new Disney Style store. I love the Marketplace, and of course World of Disney. I skipped UniQlo last time, as I have that store in NYC, but I realized that they would of course have more Disney stuff. Must stop by this time. I’m a sucker for cute shirts.

At 3pm, I have “lunch” at Homecomin’. I would do supper since I’m having a breakfast buffet, but there are two important reasons for the 3pm reservation. 1) I can’t sleep well on a too-full stomach. And 2) I only get the CM discount before 4pm or after 10pm. What’s a girl to do? But I think 9am and 3pm should be fine for meals. So excited to go back to Homecomin’ and try things I missed before.

After that, I'll finish up my shopping. Definitely want to stop by Amorette’s at some point for a Mickey Mousse. That is a must.

My plan for the evening was to just hang at the resort and pop over to Magic Kingdom for Happily Ever After, but the idea of checking for a Flight of Passage FastPass came to me, so that’s exactly what I did. I found one for 6:45pm. I know it might be a little out of the way, but if you've ridden it, you understand. Worth a little detour. Then I’ll come back to Magic Kingdom for Happily Ever After.

giphy.gif

I’m prepared to take an Uber/Minnie Van if necessary. But since I’m staying at the Contemporary, why not end the day at Magic Kingdom and just walk back? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Next Post: Day 6 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-15.3687163/page-2#post-59515563"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/15[/URL]

Last edited:
DAY 6 - UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

After breakfast at Contempo Cafe, I’ll Uber to Universal to be there when it opens at 9am. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, and I haven’t been since they opened Diagon Alley. I’ll head there first, then ride the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade. I need to get my Harry Potter fix in before exploring the rest of the park.

giphy.gif

I enjoy the other rides well enough, but Harry is my priority. I want to make sure I really take time to explore the non-attraction things that can sometimes go ignored. Lunch will probably be at the Leaky Cauldron, as I’ve been to the Three Broomsticks twice.

I don’t know much about how long lines get at Universal at certain rides, so I’ll just go with the flow in the afternoon. I won’t be in a rush to leave, but I don’t plan on staying all day. I have supper at Beaches and Cream at 7pm. I’m dying to try the No Way Jose sundae. Peanut Butter!!! It looks like a dream.

giphy.gif

And a similar idea to my day off came to me for this day as well. It’s an easy walk to Epcot from there, so I got a Soarin’ FastPass for 8:30pm. Hopefully I can make it right before the park closes. And maybe a second ride, depending on how long my dining reservation takes. Then it’s just the monorail back to the Contemporary.

Next Post: Day 7 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-24.3687163/page-2#post-59515582"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/24[/URL]

Last edited:
DAY 7 - ANIMAL KINGDOM

This will be yet another Rope Drop. I had a very successful Rope Drop for Flight of Passage in October 2017, but I’m not anxious to repeat that experience. If I want to last all day, I need to take the morning easy. I’ll be getting an Elephant Ear for breakfast. If Isle of Java is open on Discovery Island before the ropes are dropped, I’ll head there. If not, maybe Kusafiri before the Safari. Absolutely one of my favorite treats I’ve ever had.

giphy.gif

I’m not quite sure where to head at Rope Drop. Probably Everest and Kali River Rapids. I know you can get soaked, but it could help keep me cool. AK is freaking hot. I have FastPasses for the Safari at 10:15, Flight of Passage at 11:20, and Dinosaur at 12:20.

I’ll then head out of the park for lunch at Sanaa at 1:45pm. I plan on taking an extended break there and enjoying the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have wanted to try Sanaa for a long time, and going all the way back to the Contemporary afterward would waste a lot of time. I also have to stop by The Mara for their Peanut Butter Brownie. Looks amazing. I must try it!

I also have to make sure to get into an afternoon performance of the Finding Nemo Musical. I absolutely love it. More than Festival of the Lion King, which may have to be sacrificed. Hopefully a few more FP+ can be scheduled. I haven’t seen Rivers of Light yet, so I’m excited to see that. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but I want to see it for myself. I’m hoping for a FastPass for this, but I’m not sure if it’s necessary. We’ll have to see. It’s going to be a long day, but I have a lot to do. I think my break at AKL will help.

Next Post: Day 8 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-24.3687163/page-2#post-59515678"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/24[/URL]

Last edited:

DAY 8 - HIT THE HIGHLIGHTS DAY

I was initially going to leave this as a day to do whatever I felt like. But the more I think about it, the more I want to use it to try and get to all four parks in one day. And I think I've decided to make it a little more of a challenge by making myself do at least one attraction and eat one thing in each park. Let's see if my stomach can handle it.

giphy.gif

Here’s what my plan looks like so far:

Take the monorail to Rope Drop Epcot’s morning EMH. I’ll go to Frozen first and also try to get Soarin’ in and whatever else has decent lines in the morning. At 11am and 12pm I want to meet Belle and Mary Poppins in the World Showcase, then have lunch at Les Halles before walking to Hollywood Studios, or taking the boat if it’s running.

I have FastPasses for TSMM at 12:35, ToT at 1:35 and RnR at 2:45. I’ll try and get them done in quick succession. They are some of my favorite rides on property, but I don’t need much more time at the park as a whole. As for food, I want to try those pop tart things at Woody's Lunch Box. Or the Carrot Cake Cookie.

After that is of course a bus to Animal Kingdom. I have a 5pm reservation at Yak and Yeti. I wasn’t going to have one initially, to avoid the stress of timing the bus well. But I really want to eat there, so I have a reservation for now just in case. If not, then I'll head to Flame Tree. I’m going to try and find same day FastPasses for Dinosaur and maybe Everest. There’s always single rider for that as well. I'm hoping at least one is doable. And preferably before supper.

Then I’ll want to leave by 7:30pm at the latest to get to Magic Kingdom. The main goal is to watch Happily Ever After. I'll find a ride with a short line or hopefully another same day FastPass. As for food, I'll probably just have a Mickey Bar or something small. It will have been a full day.

It will be a long day, but I think it sounds like a fun challenge. :) Hopefully transportation goes well. That could be the big hiccup. But I think it’s worth a shot. It’s been a Disney bucket list item to go to all four parks in one day. I think I can do it! I will sleep well that night.

giphy.gif

Next Post: Day 9 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-24.3687163/page-2#post-59520475"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/24[/URL]

Last edited:
DAY 8 - HIT THE HIGHLIGHTS DAY

I was initially going to leave this as a day to do whatever I felt like. But the more I think about it, the more I want to use it to try and get to all four parks in one day. And I think I've decided to make it a little more of a challenge by making myself do at least one attraction and eat one thing in each park. Let's see if my stomach can handle it.

giphy.gif

Here’s what my plan looks like so far:

Take the monorail to Rope Drop Epcot’s morning EMH. I’ll go to Frozen first and also try to get Soarin’ in and whatever else has decent lines in the morning. At 11am and 12pm I want to meet Belle and Mary Poppins in the World Showcase, then have lunch at Les Halles before walking to Hollywood Studios, or taking the boat if it’s running.

I have FastPasses for TSMM at 12:35, ToT at 1:35 and RnR at 2:45. I’ll try and get them done in quick succession. They are some of my favorite rides on property, but I don’t need much more time at the park as a whole. As for food, I want to try those pop tart things at Woody's Lunch Box. Or the Carrot Cake Cookie.

After that is of course a bus to Animal Kingdom. I have a 5pm reservation at Yak and Yeti. I wasn’t going to have one initially, to avoid the stress of timing the bus well. But I really want to eat there, so I have a reservation for now just in case. If not, then I'll head to Flame Tree. I’m going to try and find same day FastPasses for Dinosaur and maybe Everest. There’s always single rider for that as well. I'm hoping at least one is doable. And preferably before supper.

Then I’ll want to leave by 7:30pm at the latest to get to Magic Kingdom. The main goal is to watch Happily Ever After. I'll find a ride with a short line or hopefully another same day FastPass. As for food, I'll probably just have a Mickey Bar or something small. It will have been a full day.

It will be a long day, but I think it sounds like a fun challenge. :) Hopefully transportation goes well. That could be the big hiccup. But I think it’s worth a shot. It’s been a Disney bucket list item to go to all four parks in one day. I think I can do it! I will sleep well that night.

giphy.gif
Eeekk! I can't wait to see how this turns out for you. I was contemplating making one of my days be a '4 parks, 1 Day' challenge too....

DAY 9 - MAGIC KINGDOM

This day will be similar to the other Magic Kingdom day, as there is a morning EMH and MNSSHP in the evening. I’m going to start with Tomorrowland. It’s generally my least favorite of the Magic Kingdom lands, but there are some real gems. Hopefully I get them in on my first day as well, but I’m prioritizing them in the morning here just in case.

giphy.gif

Debating if my neck can withstand Space Mountain again. I really don’t enjoy how jerky it is, but I absolutely love the queue and the music and the ride itself. I’ll probably break down and do it once. It’s too iconic to actually skip, though I’m always tempted. It will be followed by Buzz, Peoplemover, and Astro Orbiter. (Another one I’ve never done and have to check off the list.)

I have FastPasses for 7DMT at 10am, BTMRR at 11am and Splash at 12:15pm. I don’t have a lunch ADR this day, so lunch will be whatever I feel like that afternoon. Either a Mickey pretzel or a QS somewhere. I’ll probably stay until 4:00 or 5:00 and just enjoy the park. Hopeful for additional FastPasses as well.

I’ll need to leave in good time, though, in order to get myself all pretty for California Grill. I’ve already eaten at The Wave for supper a few years ago, so I wanted to make sure to enjoy at least one of the other resort offerings. And Chef Mickey’s holds no real appeal for me. :) My reservation is around 7pm. I’ll probably be done before fireworks, but I’ll plan to bring my receipt back to watch them later that night.

giphy.gif

That night they will be Hallowishes, so I think it’ll be better than HEA from that distance. Projections won’t matter. And I don’t have to pay for the party! I enjoy Hallowishes, but not enough to buy a whole ticket. Then I’ll be off to bed for one last morning in Magic Kingdom.

Next Post: Day 10 Plans
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-7-29.3687163/page-2#post-59539705"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 7/29[/URL]

Last edited:
Hi! Followed you here from my Trip Report...yay for another NYC-er! Although we live in NJ now, I grew up and lived in NYC for most of my life. We still have an apt on the Upper West side that we're renting out for a little while but I do miss the city terribly. Yay for a 10 day solo trip! I had such a great time on my solo trip I think I need to do another one! Your plans look fantastic and that is awesome you are staying at the Contemporary. I really love the resort. I thought the rooms were well designed and were so comfy. Hope you do a trip report when you get back!

Sounds like an epic trip!! And Contemporary is on my bucket list!!

But it might be a nice time to explore the rest of Animal Kingdom.
DAK is my favorite park. I love to meander and walk the trails with a cool drink in hand.

I am actually really excited for Contempo Cafe
And they have good food!! We stayed at the Fort for our june trip and DH had to use Contemporary business center-we had lunch at Contempo and sat at the Outer Rim area by the big windows! Thinking we might actually do this again in August!

Bread pudding it a personal favorite of mine.
Raglan Road. Go to RAglan Road.

I’d rather Rope Drop SDD that morning than have to plan on staying until 3pm. I initially wanted to Rope Drop Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, but I think I can make it to them after SDD and still have minimal waits
I've been stalking wait times and this seems to be totally doable!
I’m definitely planning on coming back to the park for the evening, though. I really want to see Disney Movie Magic, and maybe the Star Wars fireworks. (I could actually use some advice on whether or not the fireworks are something I should see if I have very little interest in all things Star Wars.)
The Movie magic projections and star wars firework are pretty darn good! Worth seeing once at least!

They each have $150 on them and are to be used for dining. It's my own makeshift dining plan. One is for quick service and snacks, and the other two for my table service meals. Of course, if one runs out, I can use the others, but I feel like I'll be better at tracking my expenses this way.
I combine mine and keep a spare (empty) card in the room. Easier to keep track of.
since they opened Diagon Alley
DA is A-Ma-zing. it is like stepping into the books. You can spend hours here if you are a fan. I've "borrowed" my kids wands to do the spells too!!

I have supper at Beaches and Cream at 7pm
eh-Toothsome is better especially since you will be at Universal.

I have wanted to try Sanaa for a long time
One of my all time faves. Sacrificing it in August to try Jiko instead (anniversary dinner). Still kinda wanting Sanaa instead LOL.

ETA-I followed you from @chunkymonkey TR too!

I combine mine and keep a spare (empty) card in the room. Easier to keep track of.

I was going to put it all on one, but I got terrified that I'd lose it and then lose everything. I live in NYC and used to load up my Metrocard. Now I barely put more than $30 on at a time because I don't want to lose too much if it wanders off. :)

The Movie magic projections and star wars firework are pretty darn good! Worth seeing once at least!

I don't love Star Wars but don't hate it. Love Star Tours, though. And I'm sure I'll enjoy Galaxy's Edge. I don't like or dislike Avatar, but FoP is amazing. (Obviously.) . So I have a feeling I'll enjoy the fireworks.

I was going to put it all on one, but I got terrified that I'd lose it and then lose everything. I live in NYC and used to load up my Metrocard. Now I barely put more than $30 on at a time because I don't want to lose too much if it wanders off
Totally understand. I keep a used (empty or low balance like $5) one in the room safe. I figure if I lose the loaded one I can transfer the balance quick to the one in the safe so even if someone picked it up it would be empty. I did this for food and wine as I had a pretty high balance one I carried in a lanyard to use at the booths (is it bad that me and my DD went through the card in a couple days??)

Hi, joining in to say your plans sound great! We were there last August and I am itching to go back!!!!! Have a great time, I'll be reading your TR for sure :)

DAY 10 - MAGIC KINGDOM AND TRAVEL

I know it’s two days back to back, but I wanted to take advantage of the MNSSHP lessening crowds at Magic Kingdom. Otherwise, Days 8 and 9 would have been reversed. But I have to spend my last morning in Magic Kingdom. I just have to. Plus, not relying on buses to get me back to a the hotel to meet DME back to the airport make the day a little less stressful. It just makes sense. :)

giphy.gif

I’m planning on making it’s a low key day, though. I'll catch the opening show, which I have actually never seen. Not even in front of the park. I've either had PPO breakfast or EMH or something to prevent me from seeing it. Not this time! This is a must-do for my trip. Then I'll start at Frontierland, since it’s my favorite, followed by Adventureland. I have to get the Magic Carpets of Aladdin in this morning if I don’t earlier in the trip. Another one I haven’t done. My FastPasses are for BTMRR at 9:20, 7DMT at 10:20, and PPF at 11:20. I have lunch reservations at Plaza Restaurant at 12:15pm.

I’ll need to head out by 3:15pm at the absolute latest. My flight is at 7pm, which means a probable 4pm time for Disney’s Magical Express. It’s amazing how much I adore DME on arrival day and how much I absolutely hate it on departure day. I’ll have checked my bags at the resort so I can head to the park. I’ll grab them and await my doom. I hate even having to write about this.

giphy.gif

Disney Depression is a thing. I felt it really bad after my trip in 2015. It wasn’t so bad in 2017 because I stayed off property and already had plans to come back. In 2015, I had no idea when I was coming back. I’m hoping my tentative plans for a January trip to Disneyland help temper the sadness.

All in all, though, I feel like I have a really great trip on my hands. I just want it to get here, but I’m not ready for it to end. I try to never wish time away, but it’s hard when you have a Disney trip on the horizon. :) Less than three weeks now!

Next Post: Final Update
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-perfect-can-i-make-this-trip-an-august-2018-adventure-updated-8-9.3687163/page-3#post-59588897"]How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 8/9[/URL]

Last edited:
BTW, when you say you work at a Disney Theatrical Production...is it the Frozen musical? We went to see it a few weeks ago! We loved it!
Your trip is looking good, you have so many fun things planned, I am envious of your solo trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!