How often have you sailed concierge & NOT been able to snag a CC cabana?

ADisnerdsLifeForMe

Earning My Ears
Our family is sailing concierge for the 1st time in 2020, & my husband & I really, REALLY hope to get lucky enough to score a cabana (family beach) on our CC day. I know nothing is guaranteed, but that concierge cruisers have a much better chance of getting one - was just curious how many concierge cruisers have ever NOT been able to get one? There's only 20 family cabanas, but way more concierge staterooms than that. 😂

I have noticed a lot of the cabana's have 2 family's that are sailing concierge, so it helps with chances to get one. We have always sailed concierge and always been able to get one.
chris

I have noticed a lot of the cabana's have 2 family's that are sailing concierge, so it helps with chances to get one. We have always sailed concierge and always been able to get one.
chris
Fantastic, that definitely gives us hope! This won't be our first DCL cruise, but it will be our first concierge experience... I suspect there's no turning back once we do it once! Kind of like our club level experience at WDW at the Poly this past April... lol!

Fantastic, that definitely gives us hope! This won't be our first DCL cruise, but it will be our first concierge experience... I suspect there's no turning back once we do it once! Kind of like our club level experience at WDW at the Poly this past April... lol!
We got upgraded to a 1 bedroom on our second cruise and never looked back we are getting on our 12th cruise Wednesday in Vancouver and have all the way to 19th booked!
chris

I nick the “common thought” - my dad booked is Concierge on our first DCL and we were all sooooo uncomfortable with the hovering and constant attention. I guess we are not high maintenance enough for it. We have all happily gone back to “steerage” on subsequent cruises and been much happier.

When we sailed concierge we did get a cabana as requested but we have gone back to sailing non- concierge with no problems at all. I found concierge very nice, like the canned soda and popcorn for shows to name a few, but definitely do not feel like we are missing out by having a regular verandah.
Have fun! Hope you get the cabana- we love them!

Our family is sailing concierge for the 1st time in 2020, & my husband & I really, REALLY hope to get lucky enough to score a cabana (family beach) on our CC day. I know nothing is guaranteed, but that concierge cruisers have a much better chance of getting one - was just curious how many concierge cruisers have ever NOT been able to get one? There's only 20 family cabanas, but way more concierge staterooms than that. 😂
Out of our 5 Concierge cruises where we tried to get a Cabana, only once did we not get one and it was because of a very unusual circumstance. This was the second leg of a B2B, and I had booked both cruises on opening day.

I sent both emails at midnight on day 125. Got the first cabana like always but not the second one. At first, I thought my email didn’t get sent at the proper time or that I had sent the second one on the wrong day. Once we got onboard, we learned that all the Concierge staterooms, outside of ours, were booked by an organized group from Golden Oaks, the luxury gated community located at WDW. Working with DCL, they had booked all the Cabanas in advance, so we didn’t have a chance anyway. It seems their organizer was not happy with us having one of the rooms. We sneaked passed her when we booked opening day. The Concierge team comped us the ultimate package with stingrays to make up for our missed cabana, which was really nice of them. We had a wonderful non-cabana day, using most of the things included in the package.

Outside of that special circumstance, we’ve been able to get one on Fantasy (2x), Dream and Wonder (after the first round of stateroom conversions). Of course, we write in exactly at midnight on day 125, our email drafted in advance. In my experience, your chances are therefore excellent, but you can enjoy yourself even if you do not get one.

I nick the “common thought” - my dad booked is Concierge on our first DCL and we were all sooooo uncomfortable with the hovering and constant attention. I guess we are not high maintenance enough for it. We have all happily gone back to “steerage” on subsequent cruises and been much happier.

We've done 2 in the 1 BR on Dream and did not have any "hovering and constant attention" at all. Also very low maintenance cruisers so we just kept to ourselves, so much so that every night was dinner in our dining room. That was the best along with the room-of course.

We've done 2 in the 1 BR on Dream and did not have any "hovering and constant attention" at all. Also very low maintenance cruisers so we just kept to ourselves, so much so that every night was dinner in our dining room. That was the best along with the room-of course.

You were lucky. With us it was constant “What can we do?” or “What do you need?” or similar. No matter how much we politely said we were fine and would ask if we needed anything. It was to the point that when I went to ask for ONE can of Diet Coke so I could have it while getting ready the next morning, the host brought a whole 12-pack he was so excited one of us asked for something.
Excessive. And 100% turned me off of ever voluntarily doing it again.

Agree with the above, DW is a major introvert and I love my quite time too so we prefer the more quiet, relaxed atmosphere of concierge. The service is nice if needed but our experience has been if you set the expectation right from the start the staff respect that. Back that up with a friendly hello, and no thanks and it was never an issue.

The difference for us is really the extra space and privacy. We have only done the T, and R once, there is lots of room to spread out. On our last concierge DW never went to Cabanas except the evening we did dinner there.

I love concierge it's definitely made me not want to go back to normal sailing, but due to cost my next two cruises are booked in normal rooms. The one bedroom suite is amazing, that room alone makes concierge worth it to me. I also didn't feel like they were hovering over me to do things for me. I made requests that were fulfilled, but didn't have much interaction throughout the cruises with them. It was a really laid back relaxing cruise.

For a cabana I only requested it once, but did get it. You can send an email at 125 days at exactly midnight. I typed it up before and when my clock hit midnight I hit send. I put things in bullet points and put the cabana higher up on my list, not sure if that mattered or not. I did end up cancelling it though, I decided it was too high of a cost and we didn't really need it to enjoy the beach. I organized on here with someone to grab it when I dropped it.

Agree with the above, DW is a major introvert and I love my quite time too so we prefer the more quiet, relaxed atmosphere of concierge. The service is nice if needed but our experience has been if you set the expectation right from the start the staff respect that. Back that up with a friendly hello, and no thanks and it was never an issue.

The difference for us is really the extra space and privacy. We have only done the T, and R once, there is lots of room to spread out. On our last concierge DW never went to Cabanas except the evening we did dinner there.

Great info, thanks ya'll! We definitely won't mind the attention, LOL! We really enjoyed our CL experience at WDW (Poly) in April, & we've heard that DCL's CL absolutely blows it out of the water, so we are excited for that!

For us, booking concierge was a no-brainer. Priority boarding with 2 kids (1 of which has special needs), the extra space, the lounge, the earlier access to booking activities? I feel like that alone is worth the $$$!

We did not have a one bedroom concierge, we had the “regular” room but concierge. I am thinking I may have to try the one bedroom to see if I could still easily switch back to non- concierge, at least that will be the excuse I use to tell my husband. I will say it’s like a science experiment :)

We did not have a one bedroom concierge, we had the “regular” room but concierge. I am thinking I may have to try the one bedroom to see if I could still easily switch back to non- concierge, at least that will be the excuse I use to tell my husband. I will say it’s like a science experiment :)
The one bedroom is amazing, you'll never want to go back to a tiny cabin again.

I like the way you think, LOL.

The one bedroom is amazing, you'll never want to go back to a tiny cabin again.

The 1-bedroom is exactly how I got my husband to agree to another cruise! The regular cabins just made us feel way too cramped! Can't believe how roomy and spacious these suites are just from photos and YouTube videos!

We have been concierge 14 times now and we have gotten a cabana every time.

I have actually been on a cruise where another cabin got 2 cabanas.........................which seems odd to me when there are so few to go around.

So due to medical circumstances — on our 125 day mark I submitted at 2:41 AM EDT for a Serenity Bay cabana; I was unable to get it (waitlisting) but did get a family cabana. This is for a Nov 2019 cruise. Good luck.

We've gotten a cabana every time we've requested one when sailing concierge. If you send the e-mail at exactly midnight on the day your onboard reservations open, your chances of getting one are probably 99.9%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter