How often do you park hop?

Now that we are local, nearly every time we visit. When we lived in Utah, we wouldn't always park hop, maybe half the time. Its just easy to hop.

I usually hop 1-2 times per day. Morning in Disneyland, afternoon in DCA, then back to Disneyland for a few hours after DCA closes.

If it's your first trip to Disneyland I would suggest spending 1 full day in each park without hopping then use any additional days to hop back and forth between your favorite attractions.

We always hop between the parks, depending on how busy they are. With Maxpass and the ability to grab FP for either park, it was easy to jump between the two and go back and forth.

Either start out in one park, go to the hotel, come back to the other park, maybe go back to the other park at night. Or start out at one park, go to the other park around noon or after then go back to the hotel and come back to the first park.

I start at one park for the morning, then hop to the other. If I'm still around for the evening or night, I just choose a side. I parkhop more if it's a crowded day.

Not enough to justify parkhoppers...so we're trying 1 park/day tickets for the first time on our next trip. It's just a 2 day trip though, if we were there for our usual 5 day trip I'd do hoppers.

I tend to park hop at least once a day if not more. It depends on the crowds for sure. When I have stayed at the Grand after taking a break during the day, we would walk through DCA to get coffee or something for our walk across the esplanade to DL.

Generally my plan is start the morning in one park and end up in the other in the evening.

I used to park hop more before they connected the FP systems. I'd be running back and forth every two hours some days to get my FPs from both DCA and DL. And then hopping back and forth to use them.

Now with it all on the same grid (but still able to pull MP for one park while in the other), I usually park hop only a few times a day. There's no real pattern (other than moving to DL for sure after DCA closes) and it's based entirely on FP availability on MP, my cravings (I will hop just for food), and crowd levels. But I definitely hop more than once.

Prekid up to 10 times. It was great when you could hold fastpasses for both parks for the same time.

Now we spend about 5 hours a day in the parks with one hop.

I used to park hop more before they connected the FP systems. I'd be running back and forth every two hours some days to get my FPs from both DCA and DL. And then hopping back and forth to use them.

Now with it all on the same grid (but still able to pull MP for one park while in the other), I usually park hop only a few times a day. There's no real pattern (other than moving to DL for sure after DCA closes) and it's based entirely on FP availability on MP, my cravings (I will hop just for food), and crowd levels. But I definitely hop more than once.
This sounds like us! We hop for food or fp. Our hopping has changed but it will be more like this for me on my trip with my sis in dec.

Never. I'm honestly not a fan of CA Adventure. There are no rides there for me. My 13 year old is the only one that has a couple favorites there. Mainly just Incredicoaster (although hasn't rode it yet as that. Loved CA Screamin) and Guardians. My 16 year old, 10 year old, and myself only like Disneyland. My husband can go either way. When we used to hop we would spend a few hours, half a day at most, at CA.

Multiple times per day, depending on what we feel like doing. We kind of treat it like one big park.

On our first two days, we spend the first full day in DL and then the second full day in DCA.

Over the remaining days we then park hop mutiple times depending on entertainment times and restaurant bookings. Because the parks are so close, it’s so easy for us to run between but we are two adults only with no children so no stroller etc or anyone else to look out for.

Never. I'm honestly not a fan of CA Adventure. There are no rides there for me. My 13 year old is the only one that has a couple favorites there. Mainly just Incredicoaster (although hasn't rode it yet as that. Loved CA Screamin) and Guardians. My 16 year old, 10 year old, and myself only like Disneyland. My husband can go either way. When we used to hop we would spend a few hours, half a day at most, at CA.
You don't even like Soarin' or Grizzly or Ariel's or Cars? California Adventure has really grown on me over the past few visits.

You don't even like Soarin' or Grizzly or Ariel's or Cars? California Adventure has really grown on me over the past few visits.

Soarin makes me nauseous. ☹️ Grizzly is fun I’ll admit but you get so soaked! We always go in the fall when it’s not as hot. I’ve been on Cars once and it was fun but not a must do for me. There just isn’t enough to justify the price difference for hoppers. When we went last year we had 4 days so spent one at CA (1 park a day tickets) and my oldest and I were so bored. I guess I just like the original and all my old favorites through the years. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!