How often do you go back?

Grumpy_Dad

Mouseketeer
I am curious how often people who visit Aulani more than once, go back.

We went last Feb for the first time. I honestly thought this would be a one time trip. However, ever since we returned, I think about going back. DW and DD agree it was one of our best vacations ever, even though we spent most of our time just lounging on the beach. Maybe that is why we enjoyed it so much. Whatever the reason, I look forward to going back someday. Not sure when but hopefully not too long.

Anyone else find themselves in this state of mind after their first trip?

We wanted to go back before we even left property! Just this morning my DD and I were talking about it after we saw an Aulani commercial on Disney Jr. Channel. Although we want to see more of the island next trip, we were perfectly happy lounging and taking in the atmosphere of the resort. I'm hoping to get back within the next 5 years.

I also figured Hawaii would be a once in a lifetime trip, but 4 years later we are back!

Yes! We thought once and a lifetime too, but were already plotting a return date before we left Aulani! We went last year in 2016, are in the process of planning/booking next year right now. I tried to find comparable resorts elsewhere, but we are still leaning towards Aulani.

Been to Aulani twice so far and hopefully planning to go again in another year!

I am hoping we can go every other year. We went in 2015 and again this year. In some ways it is my favorite Disney destination since we can just relax. WDW and DL are fun but they involve all day running around.

We have gone twice, 2 years in between, planning our return for next year. Have figured every other year, if I could go every year I would!!

In some ways it is my favorite Disney destination since we can just relax. WDW and DL are fun but they involve all day running around.

I think this was a big part of the appeal for us as well. Things seemed especially hectic this winter as well, so the trip to Aulani was a much welcomed break from everything.

We definitely caught the "Aulani fever". Went for the first time in 2014 then back again the next two years. Already have our 2017 trip booked. Each time we spend more time at the resort and less visiting other island locations. I am not a beach or pool person, but for some reason have no problem spending days lounging around Aulani staring at the ocean. I suggest you go back as often as you want and can afford. We are DVC members which helps with the overall costs.

We've been going once a year for the last four years now. Planning on going again next year, just not sure of the dates.

We are planning our third trip in 3 years now. We enjoy the quality of the rooms/service/pool area and have a hard time finding something comparable elsewhere. We also previously vacationed in the Caribbean some (both at resorts and cruises) but are avoiding that area now due to the Zika virus.

We went in '13 for the 1st time on our honeymoon. We certainly didn't expect it to become an every year type trip (as we're coming from NY)..... and then we found ourselves back there again in '14 and '15! We fell in love immediately and knew we wanted to go back as often as possible. If the flight wasn't so long from NY, we'd go every year no doubt. With a newborn son now it'll probably be a few years until we get back out there, but we can't wait!

I love Hawaii. I've been twice. If the flight wasn't so long and costly from the east coast, I'd go every year.

We usually go back every 18 months - 2 years. DH is retired now so we can go on off-season and we found we prefer the fall months. This next trip we used our points to only get a island view which is fine for us and we could stay longer for fewer points. We are also flying through Phoenix on the way to Hawaii which cuts down on the flight time. Now we kind of wish we booked through Phoenix on the way back instead of Dallas. We usually stay on 2 islands, so thinking next trip we will look at direct flights home from Maui to cut out the interisland flight back to Honolulu.

A couple of days in we were all agreed we would be back, it will be two years between trips by the time we get there, hoping to book next month... It is my kids favourite place, we all love it though...

Only been once (2016) and came to this board to get a little 'Aulani' fix - I think we will head back in 2020.

We went in 2012 with the assumption that it would be one and done. We have been back two more times since with plans to go a fourth time next Summer.

We went in 2012 and had such a great time in Hawaii as a whole that we went back in 2013 and 2014. Life and other trips got in the way and we didn't return until 2017.

We went in 2012 and had such a great time in Hawaii as a whole that we went back in 2013 and 2014. Life and other trips got in the way and we didn't return until 2017.

This is basically the same route we followed. Went in '13 and absolutely fell in love with Hawaii. Went back again in '14 and '15. Did our usual 2 weeks in WDW last year instead and then this year we had a baby in June so obviously couldn't make it back out there. We're hoping to get back within the next couple of years and really can't wait!

We went for lunch the year Aulani opened with plans to just look around. We ended up adding on while we were there. Our first stay was in 2012 and although we had a return trip planned for 2015, we had to cancel because of my Mom's health. We returned in 2016 and are planning a huge family trip in 2018. After I catch up on my big use of points I hope to make a trip every year. I agree with many other posters. As soon as we headed home I was wishing I was back. It's a wonderful place. Our normal DL or WDW vacations need a vacation when we get home. Aulani is so relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!