How often do you all visit WDW?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
How often do you all visit WDW. Do you bank and borrow for bigger accomodations, or longer stays? Its hard enough from Minnesota.

Hi Jade, I usually visit once every 9 months or so. If I'm lucky I'll get 2 trips in a year. I have banked and borrowed to bring relatives as well, but generally I'll get either a 1 or 2 bedroom depending how many kids are tagging along.

Hi Jade :wave:

For the past few years we've managed a visit to WDW every year, although we have been DVC members for only two of those trips. We usually try to stay in Florida for two weeks each time, with about half the time in WDW, but we've taken a couple of week-long trips when we couldn't manage longer.

We banked and borrowed a lot for a GV to accommodate DH's family last year (we don't own very many points), so won't be visiting this year but have a trip planned for 2004. I'm having fun planning that one at the moment!

Can only make it two year's out of three at the moment - I want more points!!

Kaylee

Hi Jade

At least once a year and now hopefully, with DVC, twice a year. :)

David :D

Interesting. Thanks for the replies. Does a typical work year there have 2 to 4 weeks off per year for vacation time like here? I could go every 6 months for 2 weeks if I had the points and time. Its a great way to vacation isn't it.

In the UK we tend to get more vacation time than the US. Four weeks is really the minimum in most jobs, in my business 5 weeks is the standard.

We just returned from a DLP trip from New Jersey. We liked the parks but found they did not have as much to do as WDW. It was Christmas time and the French parks were decorated so beautifully. The Christmas parade was staged to the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies from the Nutcracker. We loved that they didn't play typical Disney fare and opted for something more traditional. The toys and characters in the parade even piroueted(sp???) down Main Street. The weather was horrific, rain all the time and VERY COLD. It was stange to see families bundled up for winter having a good time at Disney. The parks were not crowded, as with WDW at Christmas, ( nerver go then --too crowded for me) but I could have used a little sunshine.
HOw do you guys rate the two parks?

I really don't think you can compare WDW with DLP. As an over all destination WDW has far more to offer than DLP. IMHO 4 theme parks, two water parks Disney Quest and all the hotels and attractions at WDW make DLP a very pale immitation. But saying that DLP's Space Mountain, Haunted house and Big Thundder Mountain at DLP are superior to their WDW counterparts.
I wouldn't travel from the USW just to visit DLP because it's expensive and maybe 30% of what WDW offers, but if you're in Europe and a Disney buff then DLP does have some worthwhile things to see. Certainly ( as of now) Disney in the snow would be a novelty (even if it's not your ideal day out).

Jade

I usually go to WDW once a year.Next year I will be missing due to the fact I intent to visit XMAS 2004.With my Brother in Law his wife and two kids.So I will be staying in a 2 br villa at BVW.Hence the saving of points.

Regarding holidays.I believe the legal minimum in this country is 4 week vacation. As a police officer,maximum holiday allowance,due to service.I get 29 days allocated a year. As I work four days on then four days off it equates to 6-7 weeks.

Paul

I agree that Space Mountain and the Haunted House were far superior in DLP( did not go on BTM). The Indiana Jones coaster backwards was so much fun, but I couldn't get oriented after. I think that Space Mountain in DLP was the most fun I ever had a Disney ride.
As far as time off, you guys sure have the life. I guess you've heard people in the US grumble about their paultry week, all that's required by law each year, or two weeks vacation( holiday). My husband and I are semi-retired so we travel much more now than in the past.
I suppose it is expensive to go to Paris from Wales!!!

Originally posted by icy-dog
I suppose it is expensive to go to Paris from Wales!!!

It's expensive to go anywhere from Wales! ;) No really, it's not that bad, but one of the reasons we haven't been as a family to DLP (eldest DD has been with her college) is that the cost of such a trip would be a fair-sized contribution towards a trip to WDW. So far, WDW has won every time!

I'm hoping to visit WDW more in the future now that I've joined DVC but, due to our friends having to find the money to pay for dialysis when we go over to the US, we won't be having our first proper DVC stay until at least December 2004. Our last visit was back in January 1999!!! :eek:

I'm just grateful we do have DLP. We are planning at least another visit there before WDW and we will probably splurge points on the Disneyland Hotel next time. It is a very different experience, but still a most enjoyable one when the Disney fix is needed. I love the dragon under the castle and the two arcades behind Main Street. It's good to see that they have now opened another park, however small and all the growth in the area around DLP. Who knows what it will be like in another 20 years.

We were just there this last December and had a great time despite the cold. We got flights with Easyjet to Paris for £40 each and with 'paying' for the hotel with points it felt like a great value holiday!!!

We try and go April and November each year but on the odd occasion we run out of DVC points we go somewhere else.
Last November we went to Canada and it was wonderfull

We love Disney and althought I am in the military services, we still manage at least 2 weeks in the happiest place in the world.

War in Iraq, I am not thinking of that.

Family time in MK priceless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter