How often are concierge upgrades available at port?

They usually book up on most sailings anymore.

Just take a look at sailings over the next 9 months and see how many cruises even have concierge rooms available. It typically isnt many and if they do they are the Royal suites, handicaps or maybe one misc 1 br suite.

The last time we upgraded, we were on a B2B and were the first ones in the port check in area. ONce checked in, we were first at the supervisor's desk and got the last one bedroom suite. It was a nice way to finish up B2B.

The word is out on concierge and the days of upgrading at port are few and far between.

It is not based on the number of travellers.

The cost is based on the difference between the room category initially booked and the category you want to upgade to.
The upgrade cost would be the same regardless if you had 2 people or 4 people moving from a category 5B to a T , for example.

So, using OP's example, even with 5 in a cabin, the total cost to upgrade to a Concierge room would still be $2,000?

LAX

So, using OP's example, even with 5 in a cabin, the total cost to upgrade to a Concierge room would still be $2,000?

LAX

Correct, the upgrade cost would be the same regardless of how many people are booked in the room that is being upgraded.

Correct, the upgrade cost would be the same regardless of how many people are booked in the room that is being upgraded.
A year ago we were on a back-to-back and were able to upgrade to a Cat V on the Dream for $600 (we were in a 4A). We were the first ones to check in (because of the back-to-back) and I asked if there were any upgrades available. There was just the one, which we booked.

We found out later that the family with that room had cancelled last minute because one of their kids got the chicken pox.

I would imagine the cost is based on the number of travelers being upgraded. So in your example, it's about $1,000 per adult into the Concierge room or $2,250 each into a 1-bedroom?

LAX
No, upgrades are by the cabin category, not the number of people.

A year ago we were on a back-to-back and were able to upgrade to a Cat V on the Dream for $600 (we were in a 4A). We were the first ones to check in (because of the back-to-back) and I asked if there were any upgrades available. There was just the one, which we booked.

We found out later that the family with that room had cancelled last minute because one of their kids got the chicken pox.

with doing a B2B how did that work with your luggage. We do B2Bs on occasion and have the same room so we leave our stuff but I never check because I wasnt sure how it works. Did you go pack up your room and move?

with doing a B2B how did that work with your luggage. We do B2Bs on occasion and have the same room so we leave our stuff but I never check because I wasnt sure how it works. Did you go pack up your room and move?

@bar423 Once we boarded, we went to the Concierge lounge to check in with the hosts. They told us to go to our old room and pack up the bags and leave them in the room. They sent someone to pick them up and deliver them to the new concierge room. It was really easy.

@bar423 Once we boarded, we went to the Concierge lounge to check in with the hosts. They told us to go to our old room and pack up the bags and leave them in the room. They sent someone to pick them up and deliver them to the new concierge room. It was really easy.
yes, they make it about as easy as it can be but removing everything from the bathroom, drawers, etc and packing up is definitely a pain in the butt.

They usually book up on most sailings anymore.

Just take a look at sailings over the next 9 months and see how many cruises even have concierge rooms available. It typically isnt many and if they do they are the Royal suites, handicaps or maybe one misc 1 br suite.

The last time we upgraded, we were on a B2B and were the first ones in the port check in area. ONce checked in, we were first at the supervisor's desk and got the last one bedroom suite. It was a nice way to finish up B2B.

The word is out on concierge and the days of upgrading at port are few and far between.
Looking at Concierge online isn't a perfect indicator. Handicap accessible isnt always released until closer to the cruise (I've upgraded at the port to a handicap accessible)

Looking at Concierge online isn't a perfect indicator. Handicap accessible isnt always released until closer to the cruise (I've upgraded at the port to a handicap accessible)
Also note DCL very rarely will magic pixie dust travel parties with upgrades. While very rare it is well documented on threads here.

We were watching the rooms for a possible upgrade last year. There were a pretty good amount actually available up the the final day for online booking. Around that time some folks on DW’s FB cruise group reported they were upgraded to concierge by DCL. So what looked like a pretty easy chance at an upgrade disappeared.

There were two concierge rooms - one T and one V - available at the port on the January 12 Fantasy sailing. We had theee families traveling in our group, so we didn’t take advantage of them.

Just got off the Dream the other day and DW checked before the online booking closed and one R and one V were showing. Checked in, we were the first to the supervisors and there were no concierge available. Spoke to the hotel director during the cruise and he confirmed that someone did those upgrades the night before sailing (so they paid full price). My guess was it might have been a B2B that upgraded first.

Took a peek across the desk at the open inventory and it looked like there was about 25 rooms available. Just a guess off my glimpse but the breakdown seemed to be 5-6 family verandas, about 12 or so regular veranda, a few Oceanview and maybe 3 inside. We did did bump up from a Cat. 5 veranda to a family Cat. 4, so I’ll add that to the port upgrade thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/lets-use-this-thread-to-track-port-upgrades.3009010/page-27

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!