How Noisy is Rainforest Cafe?

scrappinginontario

We are visiting WDW with my parents in April. My dad is very sensitive to noise.

I haven't eaten at Rainforest Cafe in a number of years but my memory tells me that it can get loud during the thunder storm portion. They really want to eat there so I have booked us a 2:30 reservation at the AK location hoping to avoid at least some of the noise caused by a lot of people in the restaurant at the same time.

I'm not going to change our reservation as I voiced my concerns before we booked but am just wondering if my memory is off or if we should just be prepared for a louder than some dining experience?

Is there such a thing as a quieter table to request? I know that sounds silly but figured I could ask it here. :)

It's been a few years since we've sat inside a Rainforest Cafe but I remember it being fairly noisy. My daughter was a toddler and she hated it (she thought the thunder was scary)! I've never been to the one in AK, but we've eaten at the one at Disney Springs a few times and we always sit outside there so there's no noise issue!

It's been a few years since we've sat inside a Rainforest Cafe but I remember it being fairly noisy. My daughter was a toddler and she hated it (she thought the thunder was scary)! I've never been to the one in AK, but we've eaten at the one at Disney Springs a few times and we always sit outside there so there's no noise issue!
Do you know if there is an option to sit outside at the AK location? It's really the menu they want, not necessarily the 'experience'.

It is very noisy, not only during the storm sequence but at all times. We can barely handle it, especially me. If memory serves me right, there is no outdoor seating at that location. The only thing worst for us than a lunch at Rainforest is a lunch at T-Rex. Even noisier if that’s possible.

Thanks @Marc D. That’s how I remember it too. Oh well, I’m not bothered by noise and I did my best to dissuade them. Hopefully he can handle it.

Thanks for your input.

IMHO their menu is similar to standard bar food, and most people go for the atmosphere, which includes loud sounds pretty much throughout the whole time. If not into the sound effects and animatronics, then one could get better food and less noise at a lot of other restaurants. I don't see the point in going there just for mediocre food if one is likely to be bothered by the high noise level.

IMHO their menu is similar to standard bar food, and most people go for the atmosphere, which includes loud sounds pretty much throughout the whole time. If not into the sound effects and animatronics, then one could get better food and less noise at a lot of other restaurants. I don't see the point in going there just for mediocre food if one is likely to be bothered by the high noise level.
I can’t say that I disagree. This trip is a gift from my parents and we are all going together as they are no longer able to go to Disney on their own.

That being said I have asked them to choose the Dining they would like. (My dd and I go to Disney once or twice a year and on those trips we get to make the choices.) This trip is for my parents and we’re excited to share this special trip with them! So, it’s about them and we’ll go where they wish. Rainforest Cafe is their choice, I just wanted to be prepare noise wise so that it wouldn’t be a shock for my dad. It’s not a restaurant my dd and I choose to visit so I wanted to ask what it was like.

I can’t say that I disagree. This trip is a gift from my parents and we are all going together as they are no longer able to go to Disney on their own.

That being said I have asked them to choose the Dining they would like. (My dd and I go to Disney once or twice a year and on those trips we get to make the choices.) This trip is for my parents and we’re excited to share this special trip with them! So, it’s about them and we’ll go where they wish. Rainforest Cafe is their choice, I just wanted to be prepare noise wise so that it wouldn’t be a shock for my dad. It’s not a restaurant my dd and I choose to visit so I wanted to ask what it was like.

I understand that sometimes you have to let people make their own mistakes, and from what you have said, Rainforest Cafe does not look like a good fit for your dad. Maybe he could bring earplugs in case the noise starts getting to him. I hope you all have a great trip!

I like RFC.
But it is noisy....always. They have the sound really high and the storms and animals make it even more so.
No outdoor seating at AK.

We go every trip.
I just went to my local one to use my birthday reward. I was one of 5 people there (at opening) and it was still VERY noisy

It is very noisy. My husband had bad tinnitus and had a migraine afterwards. I suggest you use ear plugs or dubs. Or, sit near the waterfall and that might drown out the noise.

We like RFC - with that said
Very good A/C - so if you are wet from rain or a ride - you will feel cold
Ask for a quite seat near the fish tank
We had the gorilla right above our table - we heard screeching every 15 minutes during our meal and the gorilla beat his chest too !

It also depends on how your children like animals though they are not real. They make noises during Thunderstorms . The one in San Antonio, Texas had a big snake hanging from the ceiling on one of the floors. It would hiss at people coming up , but it never looked like it was striking people. I remember it not being as real as the Jungle Cruise one.

It also depends on how your children like animals though they are not real. They make noises during Thunderstorms . The one in San Antonio, Texas had a big snake hanging from the ceiling on one of the floors. It would hiss at people coming up , but it never looked like it was striking people. I remember it not being as real as the Jungle Cruise one.
I believe the question is referring to an adulT though. Personally I am not able to tolerate RFC, it is definitely a noise overload and the food, just not worth the awful racket. I do hope your father will be okay :disrocks:

It is one of the noisier restaurants for sure. We don't mind the noise, but it is for sure.

I don't recall seeing any outside seats at the AK location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter