• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much would you budget?

BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
for everything, since this is where the experts are. . . If you were planning to spend 8 or 9 days in WDW in Jan 2003, how much would you put in the ban k between now and then? We would like to stay in a moderate or get a deal on a deluxe at DW. 2 adults who want to do all of the parks and possibly time at a water park and PI while we're there. We like the Disney restaurants, so we would probably eat 1 table service lunch or a great dinner every day. Airfare won't be more than 150 round trip for each because we're so close. We also like to buy pins and maybe a few nice souveniers, too. What's your guess as to how much you would want to save?

Thanks!

Let's see, January is a good time to go. with at least Disney Club discounts readily available... Unless you are staying at a deluxe, buying an AP with access to the water parks doesn't make much sense, as the 7 day park hopper is still quite a bit less $$$ & you did say that you wanted to do everything... If you don't want access to the water parks, this changes things a bet.. you could pay 100 less for your hotel & 1 AP would 350 or so.. Anyways, assuming you get the DC discount

8 night Disney Club Discount 109.00/nt = 872
Airfare = 300
7 day Park hopper plus 325.44ea
Food - sit down $100 per day x 9 = 900
Souvenirs easily $450
Do you want a car? assume 200 with taxes or 80 round trip towncar service...

With transfers, I think you'll be in the area of 2927.44

JMHO here!! Good luck!

That is a fair estimate, although conservative on souvenirs if it is your first time.

If you want to buy pins to start a collection, add more. If you plan to buy and trade, you normally buy one for you and one to trade. One pin costs at least $7.00. Limited editions can be more expensive.

Just make sure you stay away from travel packages and take time to research the discounts available. Sometimes renting a car might seem to be your cheapest alternative but it turns out to be a stressful one.

I don't know how much you guys eat, but one of those sit down meals is usually more than enough for me! They give you so much food that you can bear the rest of the day on lighter meals.

I'd say book directly with Disney (you still can use discount codes in mousesavers.com not going through anyone else) as early as you can, pay it as you go and save every penny for your stay.

Wanda

Thanks.
We're experienced with AP's, MKC and buying individually instead of packages, just never stayed this long before or in value season. As you can see, it's not our first trip, so souvenirs aren't really a huge deal. In fact, I would hope we wouldn't spend $450 on souvenirs. My DH would have a stroke if I ended up with that many more pins!! :rolleyes: As for meals we would probably eat one sit down and the rest counter service everyday. It just takes too much time and, you're right, the food is filling at those places. I think we'll just depend on the shuttle transfer and hope for the best with the bus/monorail system.
As an aside, what would you expect to pay for a deluxe monorail room in Jan with an AP discount? I see $109/nt, but I assume that is for a moderate with DC discount.
If $3000 is it, I'd better get saving now!! Oh well, we want to go all out so I'd be willing to save up and skip the 3 day visits between now and then :(
Thanks again!

As for a monorail resort, let's go from this year, and the last few really... Contemporary wing, 155 + tax... Poly around 210 or 220/nt with tax - all for standard rooms.. so it's a bit more... I'd expect the 109 rate with an MKC rate... If you think you'll be going back within a year, then it sure pays to buy an AP... I think you will be around that 2500-3000 figure... One sit down meal for two people goes a good 45.00, breakfast is 15, and the next meal of the day, even counter service is gonna cost 20.00... that's really a conservative figure... HTH's!!!

I would figure it like this

Meals

2 nice per day plus snacks
$20.00 per meal = $80.00
$2.50 per snack, 4 each = $20.00
$100.00 per day = $1000 for 10 days

Hotel

Min $200.00 per nite = $1800 for 9 nites

Passes

2 AP's for $370 per = $740.00

Air

$400.00

Total
meals $1000.00
hotel $1800.00
passes $ 740.00
Air $ 400.00
++++++++++++++++++
----------- $3940.00 ________

You know best what you will spend on Pins and such...

Remember you are looking at 1 1/2 years from now - prices always go up. I would rather plan to high and have $$$$ left than plan to low and have to scrimp on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter