how much time from bc to mk

dreaming

Mouseketeer
can anyone tell me if we have to be at the mk for the family magic tour by 9:30 how much time should we allow (on sunday 12/22) including being able to get into the park with the crowds? Is the bus the best transportation option to the mk from the bc and do they leave pretty regularly from the bc? Thanks!

Bus is best way. It goes from BC to BW then to MK. Busses run about every 20 minutes and bus trip is about 25 minutes. To be safe allow at least 45 minutes (and preferably longer) to make entire trip to account for possible bus waiting time and time to get into park

I was a b.c. in Nov. and we ended up waiting about 1/2 hour for a bus and then not even all the people from b.c. could fit on the bus so they had to wait another who knows how long for the next bus. I would leave by 7:30 or 8am at the very latest. Better to be early than late. Good Luck.

Originally posted by dreaming
can anyone tell me if we have to be at the mk for the family magic tour by 9:30 how much time should we allow (on sunday 12/22) including being able to get into the park with the crowds? Is the bus the best transportation option to the mk from the bc and do they leave pretty regularly from the bc? Thanks!

I will advise you... that will be a very busy morning for the Magic Kingdom... So just be prepared. :)

At that time of the morning, they will be running Magic On Demand, and busses will be dispatched to Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk from the Studios. Because of increased demand on that day, busses will be running more frequently... my guess is about 10-15 mins apart. From the Beach Club, the bus may or may not stop at the Boardwalk. (Depends on that particular dispatch) From there, it's about 11-13 minutes to the Magic Kingdom.

I personally would recommend being out at the bus stop between 8:30-8:45... That will get you to the MK by 9:15 at the latest... and it's always a good idea to be early for these things. :)

THANKS EVERYONE!
Chip 'n Dale Express can you tell me if it is going to be the same as far as buses to ak Christmas morning - we have ps's for 9 oclock. Also do the buses come to bc first or are we better to walk to yc or mgm to increase our chances of the bus not being full when it gets to bc! Thanks so much - think the stress is starting to get to me, maybe its time to stop planning! ;)

Originally posted by dreaming
THANKS EVERYONE!
Chip 'n Dale Express can you tell me if it is going to be the same as far as buses to ak Christmas morning - we have ps's for 9 oclock. Also do the buses come to bc first or are we better to walk to yc or mgm to increase our chances of the bus not being full when it gets to bc! Thanks so much - think the stress is starting to get to me, maybe its time to stop planning! ;)

We prepare for the crowds, so you shouldn't have any problems at the Beach Club... however, if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can walk over to the Yacht Club if you wish.

One thing I forgot to add... make sure to take into consideration the time it takes to go through bag checks, and the turnstiles. That can add another 15 mins for things.

As for Christmas Day... that is our singlemost busiest day of the year. If you have breakfast PS at 9:00am, I'd recommend leaving leaving the resort around 7:30, 8:00... Not because of transportation, but because they typically open the parks at 8:00am, if not earlier on Christmas Day... so be prepared for long lines at the bag checks and turnstiles.

Oh wait... you said AK for Christmas Day... never mind... won't be that busy over at AK as it will for the MK... 8:15 would be a good time to be out at the bus stop for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter