How much theme park

For a 7-day trip we would do 4 park days, 1 down day in the middle (Disney Springs for part) and we usually just do the O'hana breakfast on our departure day. We do rope drop and go hard until lunch time and then head back to the resort for naps. Then we'll venture back to a park with both girls afterwards, but we will divide and conquer as bedtime approaches for our youngest if she is melting (she has only been with us on one trip so far -- 13 mos old at that time). If she is doing alright we will take her to a nighttime show in her stroller. Otherwise, one of us will take her back and put her to bed while the other takes our 4 yo DD to the show or more park time. We usually only close MK one night with her. We do BLT for the most part so the walk and monorail makes it pretty easy. We haven't done the water parks with them yet.

I feel like I am out of loop with ticket prices, I am bringing 3 of DD friend for her sweet 16 next year and I almost fell over with ticket prices.
Seems 6 day park hopper, and water park only $15 more is over $500. OMG!!!!
So seems after the 1st 5 day tickets per day get so cheap to add so makes sense to buy length of stay. So I say get ticket for every day and this way you can go for a few hours one day and use your fastpass to at least ride 3 good rides then maybe dinner. Knowing u have 3 more fastpass next day might take pressure off to "get it all done"
Kerri

We used to get APs and go twice a year for 5-7 days each trip. We probably had one resort day each trip and one day that was just a few hours in a park. The other days were mostly spent at a park. We reached a point of not wanting to go to WDW as frequently, plus kids' schedules got busier with sports and school. We're now going only every other year for about a week. My ideal trip is similar to your plan - 7 days/8 nights with 4 park days, one water park if warm or an extra park day, and two resort days. Our upcoming trip is only 6 nights and we'll go to each park on a different day, have one resort day, and on arrival day we hope to get to AK to see RoL since it is not being shown on our AK day. I like to have a little downtime at WDW, and while my teens are willing to get up a few times for RD, they also like to sleep in a few days of vacation.

We do 4 days, and don't get park hoppers. We've been to WDW many times, so as much as we love the rides, we try to make the most of each day in the parks. we love to have two relaxing days, whether it's pool time, golf, bike riding, just hanging at the resort.

If we want an extra day, we can add one, but 4 is plenty for us. We also take advantage of extra magic hours if we want more park time

We have AP's and go 2-3 times per year and do parks every day.

It's different for us each time. Sometimes we spend a lot of days in the park. Sometimes we sit by the pool. If there are special events, we try to attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!