How Much More Crowded on Weekends

Withnail

Earning My Ears
We're trying to avoid lines as much as we can. Obviously there's going to be more people on the weekends, but I just don't know by how much. Found a website that lists the average wait time for each attraction by month, and I just don't know how much the weekends are setting the averages off.

Some will say longer hours and Disney staffing will lead to the same or less wait during "busy" times.

Touringplans does a good historical reporting if you really want to go day by day.

Specifically Saturday at MK during party seasons I know is much much more crowded then the week. I believe it varies by park but pretty much expect a ton of people at any park at any time

According to some of the data Josh at EasyWDW has posted, the slowest day at MK is Sun. The last I looked (a year ago so it could be out of date), AK got progressively more crowded from Thurs thru Sun. That said the conclusion was that there wasn’t huge difference in wait times based on day of a particular week. I’d recommend taking a look through his blog posts to see if he’s done any recent looks at crowds versus day of the week.

There's somewhat of a difference, but IMO not that big of a deal (barring some special event).

MK is much busier on Saturdays, especially during party season when many of the night it closes early for MNSSHP or MVMCP.
We were in MK on a Sunday when there was a party that night. Didn't get crowded until about 4.

I think the only major, noticeable difference in crowds is MK on party days vs. non-party days.
And that difference is extreme IMO.
Sorry, I'm clueless. Does that mean way more people for party days, or way less. If we go in September I suppose they'll be doing the Halloween events.

Sorry, I'm clueless. Does that mean way more people for party days, or way less. If we go in September I suppose they'll be doing the Halloween events.

Party days I have read tend to be less crowded as people not attending want a full day at MK.

I guess it depends when you go, but this week we were at MK and Epcot during the week and pretty much walked onto most of the non-big ticketed rides (even the big ticket rides had manageable stand by times). Then we went into Epcot last night and today and it was really crowded. Granted it’s the food and wine fest but there was a noticeable difference. At least this week anyway

Party days tend to be much less crowded as people don't get a full day at MK, but also can't see HEA that evening as its closed for the party.
Non party days are much more crowded as people are there to see HEA.
During MNSSHP you may have a party night 3-4 days a week. That doesn't leave many nights for people who want to see HEA or be there for the full day.

You have to factor time of day when planning for wait times. On Saturday mornings the wait times are going to be much higher than weekday mornings. Obviously party days or other special events have to be factored in as well. If you are just looking for a slow month, end of Jan - beginning of Feb tends to be very slow. End of Aug - beginning of Sep is slow as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter