How much money do you typically bring?

My wife and I both bring about $250-300. Tips, QS meals and others. Business like Disney and the Credit Card companies know using your MB or CC makes spending more money a lot easier. If you want to stay on a budget use cash. I like to tip in cash and if I'm at a bar getting a drink prefer to pay in cash a well.

Yes, you can product change, but when you product change you don't get the bonus. A product change would allow you to get the value of the perks from the Flex, while not paying the annual fee for the CSP. And, if you've had the CSP for 48 months, you could apply again for a sapphire once you get under 5/24. The sign up is 80k right now for a few weeks.

Later on (when under 5/24) if you decide you want that bonus for the Flex, you can also apply. Chase allows you to hold more than one Freedom.

Your wife's points could also be moved to one of your UR cards if you have one.

Thanks, sounds like the product change is something we should consider. Actually never done it since I always just get another card.

I need to count her 5/24 status to see if we should just apply first. But we loved staying at Swan this past mo., we were thinking of going for a Marriott card next.

CSP, we basically got for the bonus. I know ppl love the UR travel site, but I don’t think we travel enough to value it much. Am I correct transferring the UR from CSP to either freedom or ink (don’t have ink preferred or whatver the big one is called) will safeguard the pts before PC? If we have to, we could move to SWA pts.

This topic made me realize that I haven't held a coin or a bill in over a year...no lie! I use my debit card for everything! I lived in China for five years and used wechat pay for everything. Old habits die hard!

Thanks, sounds like the product change is something we should consider. Actually never done it since I always just get another card.

I need to count her 5/24 status to see if we should just apply first. But we loved staying at Swan this past mo., we were thinking of going for a Marriott card next.

CSP, we basically got for the bonus. I know ppl love the UR travel site, but I don’t think we travel enough to value it much. Am I correct transferring the UR from CSP to either freedom or ink (don’t have ink preferred or whatver the big one is called) will safeguard the pts before PC? If we have to, we could move to SWA pts.

Yes, you can move them to any UR card.

Marriott cards - great new sign up on the Amex Brilliant right now. 100,000 Marriott points, platinum status until Feb 2022, and 25K on your first anniversary, 5K spend in 3 months. Free 50k night after 1 year, every year.

Is your question about carrying cash or about vacation budget?
If it's about carrying cash. I have each person in our party who is an adult have somewhere between $100 and $200 in cash for a trip of four to seven nights And each adult in our party carries a different credit card (Visa or Mastercard). We put the majority of the vacation purchases on credit cards.

Now budgeting is a different story. We eat fairly modestly (breakfast and snacks in condo, counter service not table service at parks if we are in parks for lunch or dinner, and for any lunches or dinners not in the parks modest offsite places or ordering in pizza and salad, no alcoholic drinks, I drink water with meals, DH drinks coffee with meals, DS gets lemonade or soda). I budget $50 per person for day for food and that includes grocery items too. I lower that to $25 pp on travel days to or from Orlando, but we have a direct flight that is 2 to 2 1/2 hours, so the travel days are not huge ordeals. Also, note that for me budgeting is what I think I will spend and it is not an issue if I am a little over. I am usually pretty close. I'm mentioning this as others might want budget to be the upper limit with some padding that would be what they might possibly spend on a vacation.

I'm not even going to mention budgeting for incidentals, but we put that in the budget too, as well as dog Kennel, rental car or ubers. These days tickets are usually purchased in advance as well as condo or hotel, so that is know before arriving.

I find an Orlando trip to be less expensive than other places that I typically go on vacation for lodging and food. The main expense you really can't get around in Orlando are the fairly costly theme park admissions (but the theme parks are fantastic (great entertainment) and that's why we visit Orlando in the first place).

Is your question about carrying cash or about vacation budget?

I was thinking the same thing. Threads tend to ramble all over the place and by the time we are a few pages past the OP, it sometimes becomes a discussion on a totally different topic. Any of the 'how much?' type of question when on vacation depends on your personal budget and everyone's is probably different.

If you NEVER carry cash when at home, then likely you are using credit/debit cards for all purchases. You have to determine if you plan to operate the same way on vacation. When at home, do you never buy girl scout cookies or make a donation outside of a store? On vacation some things like tipping for example, is generally cash as you wouldn't give the Disney bus driver or airport sky cap your credit card!!!

If you normally carry $X dollars in your wallet/purse when at home, that seems like a good place to start when on vacation along with deciding how you intend to make most purchases.

Yes, you can move them to any UR card.

Marriott cards - great new sign up on the Amex Brilliant right now. 100,000 Marriott points, platinum status until Feb 2022, and 25K on your first anniversary, 5K spend in 3 months. Free 50k night after 1 year, every year.
Thanks! I made a note to look at this one.

For DH and I ...

If you are talking about budgeting... We normally spend around 125 to 150 person per day on food... it goes up when you add in adult beverages...or character meal, and buffets...

Tipping... Mousekeeping/Housekeeping... normally around 5 to 10 dollars per day, it all depends on the where we are staying, and for how long, as well if we request something, and they take good care of us..

Snacking and drinks... this just depends on what you want.

Valet - 5 to 10 bucks... each time we are coming in and going out...

Baggage handlers or luggage delivery... 2 to 3 dollars a bag, if we have checked luggage with us... If we are going the weekend getaway route, we just roll our own luggage...roll on's we can do this our-self..

Tipping in restaurants... Cash, 20 percent...

Pool Bar, or Bartenders, 20 percent, Cash...

Airports... We roll our own bags...

Airport food and beverages... so I went back and looked to see what we spent on our last flights back in August... was almost 250.00 dollars round trip... with having to buy water, soda for the plane then adding in lunch or dinner... it added up quickly... one layover each way..

Uber or Lyft - short trips, in cash 5 bucks... airport trips, depending on how far... 10 to 20 dollars...

As far as shopping or souvenirs... who knows... sometimes we buy next to nothing... sometimes we buy quite a bit... that all hits the Credit card for sure...

Cash for tips, and then maybe $100. But, I would plan on spending at least $50 per day on food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!