How much longer before I stop rocking????

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
We were on the July 19th cruise and I am still getting a little rocking effect when I sit still for a long period of time or if I move quickly. How much longer should I go before I should do anything about this and is there anything I can do about this? Right after we got off the ship - the first 3 days were really bad. But it's getting better each day. I'm just thinking I'm hitting almost 2 weeks after the cruise and I would think I wouldn't still be feeling the after affects of the cruise. I didn't use motion sickness medicine because I didn't want to but am wondering if I shouldn't be using it now. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

I was rocking for about two weeks also! I was starting to think that it wouldn't go away, but it did! It didn't stop me from signing up for another 7-day!

Thanks - I don't think it will stop me either but I was beginning to think that maybe there was something wrong with me! :)

I've sailed many times over the last four decades.

That will go away, and is just God's little way of saying "remember how much fun you had when you were on the ship....."

Mine only lasted for about 3-4 days but I also took Bonine while on the ship...not all the time though.

Doctors do recommend still taking bonine for a while on land to help if the feeling is severe. I know someone who was prescribed bonine for vertigo also so it must help.

I always tell people who have never cruised they will have more seasickness AFTER they get off the boat! Even if they get off at every port - it never seems to bother people then - just getting off for good. I always rock for a couple of weeks - it's quite uncomfortable isn't it? :) That's one of the reasons I wouldn't choose to go to WDW after the cruise!

It took me about three weeks. I didn't feel like I was rocking but just a nagging nauseated feeling. But completely gone now - thank goodness

I experienced this sensation too for a week or so. Isn't it funny how it doesn't bother you when you get off at a port? Maybe it is part of the whole "cruise addiction" syndrome!;)

Angie

I rocked for about two weeks after my cruise. My doctor suggested taking cold/allergy medicine. It worked!

You guys have me nervous now. We are going on our first cruise in October, then off to Universal for 4 days. If we take Bonine once we get off the boat, will that help? My DS gets very car sick, and he is the one I am very concerned about. Knowing my luck though we ALL will be feeling the effects.

He wears the wrists bands in the car, and they seem to help him.

Thanks! :)

Lauren - my dh used the bands and he had very little "movement" after we got off the ship. And mine comes and goes. Today at lunch it was really bad - worse it's been in about 5 days. I kept wanting to go to my right - I did that alot on the ship when I was sitting. Yesterday it happened alot when I was sitting and moving quickly.

So I'm thinking today it got worse because dh asked me about going on another cruise - maybe I was just dreaming that we were already there!!!! ;) :D

luv2boys/Amy
I am so glad you are feeling better - I have been wondering about you. I am lucky I don't suffer from the same problem.
Give my love to your boys and of course to Jesse and yourself.
Wendy

Chris - Are you sure that the rocking is from the cruise? Perhaps it is the after effects of RiddleCon at Cedar Point. :teeth:

Hope you get rid of your sea legs soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter