HOW MUCH IS YOUR 2017 DISNEY VACATION GOING TO COST

Speaking of cost... can someone help me crunch numbers? I don't know what I'm doing wrong and all these numbers are getting on my nerves and not adding up! I am traveling with my parents, myself and 3 kids (9, 5 & 3). We are booked for AoA family suite Nov 11-19, paid dining (the regular- not quick or deluxe) and 4 day base tickets. Our reservation total is $7,695.59... I'm trying to figure out their portion vs my portion. Does anyone know how to figure this out? I know their ticket portion is $745.50 and my ticket portion is $1,427.10. How can I figure out the dining and room? When I called Disney for a breakdown the lady told me to make fake reservations for 2 adults and another for 1 adult, 3 kids and then figure out the difference but that's not working either... Thanks, I'm sure someone is a lot better crunching numbers than I am :D

The DDP is $67.33 per day for adults and $24.22 per day for children ages 3-9.

I would calculate the DDP and tickets and what is left is the room costs. Looks like your parents DDP costs should be around $1077 (I'm not adding in taxes) for 8 nights.

Traveling 9/1-9/10/2017:
10 days / 9 nights at CBR standard room, free QS dining plus $675 GCs (using them to pay for a few of our favorite TS meals)
3 adults (Myself, DH, DS10) & 1 child (DS6) with 8 day park hopper & Memory maker
4 tickets to MNSSHP
4 tickets for star Wars dessert party (cost is approximate bc haven't seen any dates released for Sept yet)
$4893
Plus plane tickets - cost will be around $1K OOP bc of accrued sky miles
Plus $1K spending money (usually bring home at least 1/2 of this)

So - total will be just under $7K, our costliest trip yet since DS10 is an adult & FD was only QS this year :-(

Starting Aug 19th
5nights sapphire falls w/3day 3park hopper @1600
4nights free dining at all star music 2day hopper @1300 plus two waterparks
Paying for two adults 1 child
We are driving from VA in a prius so ⛽@200 there and back
We looking to spend about $4000 give or take

About $16,000 for:
- 6 adults, 1 child, 2 infants
- 6-day non-Park Hopper tickets (bought through Undercover Tourist for $2,739)
- 8-night stay in a 2-bedroom savannah-view villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village (rented DVC points for $5,300)
- Direct roundtrip flights from Austin to Orlando (MCO) (via JetBlue for $1,700)
- 5x Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets (bought through DisneyWorld.com for $500)
- Dining (2 quick service meals, 2 snacks, 1 table service meal per person per day) (estimate via distripplanner.com is $4,200 with tax and tip)
- Souvenirs (estimate about $1,000)
- Scooter (about $300)
- Memory Maker ($149)

I doubt we'll spend $1,000 on souvenirs, but it'll be a first-time trip for 5 of my family members, including our little one (who will be celebrating her first birthday at WDW). So, on the other hand, I can see grandma and grandpa (my folks) going bonkers and spending more than they plan to.

Per person, per day cost: $197 and some change.

Last edited:

All costings below are in USD converted from NZD (1 USD = 1.36 NZD)

WDW - 2 Adults - Sun, 15 Oct - Sun, 29 Oct 2017 (14-nights)

Auckland Airport Car Park (20-Days) - $82.00
Auckland to LAX with American Airlines - $1500.00
LAX to MCO with Virgin America - $647.00
AKL SV CL (14-nights for 10-nights offer), 14-Day Ultimate Ticket and Memory Maker (Free) - $4765.00
Halloween Party Tickets - $190.00
Food - $1100.00
Souvenirs/Shopping/UBERs - $500.00

TOTAL - $8784.00

LA/DLR - 2 Adults - Sun, 29 Oct - Wed, 1 Nov 2017 (3-nights)

LA Hotel (Culver City) (1-night) - $148.00
Park Vue Inn (2-nights) - $492.00
DLR 2-Day Park Hopper Tickets - $520.00
Car Hire - $160.00
Gas - $25-30
Food - $185.00
Souvenirs/Shopping - $50-100

TOTAL - $1579.00

:scared::scared::scared:

10 nights at GF 13-23 dec
2 adults 1 disney adult and one child
14nights for the price of 7 park hoppers
Memory Maker
Flights (UK return)
Transfers
ESTAs
Insurance (including one adult with incurable cancer, which is wildly expensive to insure)
DXDP
£10,000 ($13,100)

I am looking at around 2600 for hotel (waiting for discount code release) for 6 nights and annual passes for 2 adults. Our flights were covered by reward points. I am not factoring in food. I am sure there will be a character breakfast and a dessert party thrown in there. Otherwise our food costs are pretty cheap. I always pack snacks and such in the luggage.

So we decided that after 5 years it was time to go back to the mouse in 2018. This may be our last family vacation together as our son will be headed off to college next year, and our daughter only has a few more years before she is off to college herself. (*sigh) So we decided to give it one last hurrah and go all out. I know we have to be crazy to spend this amount, but the memories will last us much longer. (and probably the credit card bills too!):rolleyes1

18 days at the mouse late August - First part of September (5 people total... me, DH and our two kids, and then my brother will join us a week later)

Airfare - had enough sky miles for 3 first class tickets (the kids might as well experience 1st class once in their lifetime - heck, I've only done it once and I still remember it. We ended up having to purchase 1 FC ticket - $800 (broken down for all of us $200 each for airfare)
Car Rental - 18 days - minivan - $1000.00 (hope this will come down a tad more)
Hotel - 6 days Club level at AKL = $4000 (before any discounts - hoping we are lucky enough to nab one before our trip of some kind of discount!)
Hotel - remaining 12 days at the DoubleTree in Disney Springs - $3000
Park Tickets - 1 AP / 3, 10 day park tickets = $2300
Food - $3000 (this includes food, snacks, etc) but does not cover special meals like Hoop Dee Doo, Chef Mickey, Via Napoli, etc. - We get a light breakfast at AKL and at the DoubleTree each morning so that helps our food budget out a ton!
We were also planning on doing some outside activities as well (Blue Man Group @ Universal, Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, and maybe a few of the WDW park tours, MNSSHP?) = $2000 (aprox)
Disney Meals - O'Hana, House of Blues, Hoop Dee Doo, and others - $2500
So roughly, not including any spending money, we are at about $20K for this trip.:eek:
I know that seems like a ton, but broken down per day that's about $200 a day for everything for everyone.

Now, when the Minnesota winters are as crappy as they are today (see photo below...) yep, we are supposed to get 11+" of heavy, wet snow today into tonight that is what keeps me going for the next 200+ days as well. So if you account that into the mix, that comes down to only $'s a day. And to me, that's all a part of it.

~D

window_2.jpg

There's a 2018 thread too if you'd like to post there :)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-much-is-your-2018-disney-trip-going-to-cost.3656023/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-much-is-your-2018-disney-trip-going-to-cost.3656023/

So we decided that after 5 years it was time to go back to the mouse in 2018. This may be our last family vacation together as our son will be headed off to college next year, and our daughter only has a few more years before she is off to college herself. (*sigh) So we decided to give it one last hurrah and go all out. I know we have to be crazy to spend this amount, but the memories will last us much longer. (and probably the credit card bills too!):rolleyes1

18 days at the mouse late August - First part of September (5 people total... me, DH and our two kids, and then my brother will join us a week later)

Airfare - had enough sky miles for 3 first class tickets (the kids might as well experience 1st class once in their lifetime - heck, I've only done it once and I still remember it. We ended up having to purchase 1 FC ticket - $800 (broken down for all of us $200 each for airfare)
Car Rental - 18 days - minivan - $1000.00 (hope this will come down a tad more)
Hotel - 6 days Club level at AKL = $4000 (before any discounts - hoping we are lucky enough to nab one before our trip of some kind of discount!)
Hotel - remaining 12 days at the DoubleTree in Disney Springs - $3000
Park Tickets - 1 AP / 3, 10 day park tickets = $2300
Food - $3000 (this includes food, snacks, etc) but does not cover special meals like Hoop Dee Doo, Chef Mickey, Via Napoli, etc. - We get a light breakfast at AKL and at the DoubleTree each morning so that helps our food budget out a ton!
We were also planning on doing some outside activities as well (Blue Man Group @ Universal, Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, and maybe a few of the WDW park tours, MNSSHP?) = $2000 (aprox)
Disney Meals - O'Hana, House of Blues, Hoop Dee Doo, and others - $2500
So roughly, not including any spending money, we are at about $20K for this trip.:eek:
I know that seems like a ton, but broken down per day that's about $200 a day for everything for everyone.

Now, when the Minnesota winters are as crappy as they are today (see photo below...) yep, we are supposed to get 11+" of heavy, wet snow today into tonight that is what keeps me going for the next 200+ days as well. So if you account that into the mix, that comes down to only $'s a day. And to me, that's all a part of it.

~D

View attachment 297343

Wow.
Y'all get some killer rates on rooms. Not sure If I'm just not looking early enough, flexible enough or what.

3 Adults

Pop Century 4/29 - 5/6
7 Day park tickets
$2620

Still need to buy plane fare from BOS for 3.

Food = ????? None of us drink, so thats a savings. We have one signature booked (Jiko for my 30th b-day) and maybe 1-2 other TS. Then its QS and snacks.

I might spend $100-$150 on merch. (Japan pavillion :D)

Wow.
Y'all get some killer rates on rooms. Not sure If I'm just not looking early enough, flexible enough or what.

3 Adults

Pop Century 4/29 - 5/6
7 Day park tickets
$2620

Still need to buy plane fare from BOS for 3.

Food = ????? None of us drink, so thats a savings. We have one signature booked (Jiko for my 30th b-day) and maybe 1-2 other TS. Then its QS and snacks.

I might spend $100-$150 on merch. (Japan pavillion :D)

You're also looking at last years rates. If you want to check out the 2018 version, check here.

ok I am resurrecting this as I start to plan my 2019 vacation. Here are my preliminary plans: March 2019 6 Days at POR-King Bed, 6 day tickets with PH and Disney Dinning Trip Insurance. Costs:
Resort: $1,709.00
Tickets: $1,242.58
Dinning: $905.96
Insurance: $155

Total Cost for two people: $4042.44 or $335.00/person/day

How do your costs compare?

1 night all star movies
5 nights at Pop century with 5 day park hopper tickets and deluxe dining.
Total $3353
$223.53 per person per day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter