How much have you saved with FD?

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
Wondering how much everyone has saved with FD and which resort and date and party size? I am have trouble even getting mine modified.

12/21-12/29. Two rooms(7 disney adults and 1 kid) total at All Star Sports. We saved $2800 from the rack rate package we had at All Star Movies for the same dates.

As a large family we saved closed to $1,800 I believe. But this was back in 2016 when if you stayed at a moderate you got the Disney dining (rather than quick service). It depends on your family size and age whether it's a good deal or not.

But just keep trying to modify it. I've found I have the best luck 2-5 days after a discount is released.

We are a family of 6 going at Christmas for 8 nights, staying at All Star Music Family Suite. We saved $2500 by getting the free dining. If we did the room discount it would've saved us $400. So free dining works for us, no doubt. :santa:

Unfortunately the only dates that really lined up were around Thanksgiving so while we saved on dining the airfare has become expensive. We may end up at Legoland instead. Hopefully Southwest will have a good sale in the next week or two before we have to make a decision.

Since free dining promos and room-only discount promos often run at the same time, we don't come out ahead unless we have at least three adults in a room. Room-only discounts usually work better for us.

We have been lucky enough to get free dining in one form or another for at least the last 10 years or so. (Bounce backs, special offers etc). We are a family of 4 that averages 10-14 day trips. We usually tally up our receipts even with the free dining, and average anywhere from $1800-$2800 in food. For us, free dining beats a room discount every single time. We can vary our resort type, but stay mod more than anything. Even at full rack rate on a room, let's say an average of even $200 per night, which was high for many past trips, more like $160-$180, we would only have saved $50 a day with even a 25% room discount. On a 10 day\9 night trip that's $500. Heck, we spend a minimum of $150 a day even with a counter service plan!

Honestly, if you can get the dates, and are more than two people, I think it's well worth it.

Dates: 12/13-12/18 POP (2 rooms). Originally booked QS with three park hopper days. With promotion we got Free QS with an additional park hopper day and saved nearly $800.

Had already booked room only POFQ 9/6-9/9 for 2 adults, saved about $170 when I called for my AP discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter