How much do you pay/tip the pedicab drivers?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
We are here now, and have taken the pedicabs twice from our hotel (Royal Pacific) to the parks entrance. We tipped $5 each time. Is that a good amount? Or am I under-tipping? We are a mom and two kids, so not TOO heavy of a load.

We usually do $5. I tip a few dollars more when it's raining, as I really appreciate the ride :D

That is what I would have tipped for that amount of people.

We only did it once, my kids really, really wanted to. I was prepared to split our family up into 2 groups (and tip $5 each), but there was only one driver and she said she could take us all, so we gave $10. I was worried about the poor driver (some young, small woman) and her cart and felt really embarrassed, my family probably is about 600 lbs altogether (there are 5 of us)!

We have never done it and part of the reason why is I am uncertain how to tip. I bet people are all over the map.

We have never done it and part of the reason why is I am uncertain how to tip. I bet people are all over the map.

We give $10, usually we`ve been at RP when using them.....if we were going to Sapphire though we would give more.....it`s quite a distance and we`re certainly not small!!!!

Yes, I`ve heard some people can try and stiff them.....not good to hear at all......

We are here right now. Incredibly busy but still loving it. We are at PB and always tip 20 dollars.

I forgot you were there now!

Hope the rest of your trip is as fabulous!!

It has been absolutely perfect. We love it here! We are at PB in the east wing. Have a bay view room with large balcony. I understand how you feel about Royal Pacific, Schumigirl, we feel the same way about PB. And by the way, thank you for all you do here in the disboards, it is much appreciated and you are wonderful.

It has been absolutely perfect. We love it here! We are at PB in the east wing. Have a bay view room with large balcony. I understand how you feel about Royal Pacific, Schumigirl, we feel the same way about PB. And by the way, thank you for all you do here in the disboards, it is much appreciated and you are wonderful.

Sounds perfect!!! Lovely to have such a nice balcony......PB is a beautiful hotel, no doubt.

You are welcome, and thank you...it`s always a pleasure......:)

We took one from Sapphire Falls one evening of our trip last week, as we were heading to CityWalk for a dinner reservation and the boat launch was so busy, we never would have made it on time. Our 'drivers' name was nick, and he was fantastic, joking how "Nickshaw the rickshaw will get you there quickshaw." My daughter (11) loved him. :) There were 3 of us and we tipped him $15 (so, $5/person).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter