How much did you save going with Fidelity?

If it was American Title, then that was the hold up. They sent me the closing docs, I signed them and overnighted them with my cashiers check. It took 3 days before they emailed me and said they had forgot to include another page with a signature block. So I signed that and emailed it back with in an hour. Still waiting to close.

Yup and I think first American dodges fidelity when they fall behind and gives them half truths. A lot of things just don't make sense.

Using Fidelity for our AK contract that just passed ROFR. Very pleased with this company, the customer service I have received has been awesome so far! I am buying AK for $78/pt, so I say I am saving quite a good amount of money through them!

Question, are you more of a phone call person or email person. Once I gave up emailing and started blowing up their phone line I was happier with their response.

Some of my emails would go several days with no response.

I have a contract in ROFR through Fidelity and it sounds like I should have requested a different title company. At this point, I can't do that right?

Question, are you more of a phone call person or email person. Once I gave up emailing and started blowing up their phone line I was happier with their response.

Some of my emails would go several days with no response.
I am more of a phone person. A quick phone call will get someone on the phone and I've had any questions answered right away.

Me too. That's who Fidelity uses unless you request otherwise.

I bought with Fidelity, and my title company with "Timeshare Title". I didn't request that - maybe the sellers did? Still not sure why I ended up with them instead of First American, but I've been very happy with them, and would recommend them.

I have a contract in ROFR through Fidelity and it sounds like I should have requested a different title company. At this point, I can't do that right?
Just be patient. My Fidelity contract used American Title earlier this year. ROFR took 30 days. But that's not the title co fault. I was very happy with them. Actually American Title told me I passed ROFR before Fidelity did. I have no complaints either way. I got a steal of a deal using Fidelity. OKW 230pts, $12500., Dec, all pts starting in Dec 2017, seller pays Fidelity fees. Thought for sure it would be taken. Yes that's $54.35/pt. Yay, Bonnie at Fidelity!

Made on offer with Fidelity on a Boardwalk property (by phone). The agent said she would talk to the seller with the offer. 3 days later, no word so I called. She said the property was now under contract by someone else...? No word, no counter-offer, nothing. Very unprofessional.

Made on offer with Fidelity on a Boardwalk property (by phone). The agent said she would talk to the seller with the offer. 3 days later, no word so I called. She said the property was now under contract by someone else...? No word, no counter-offer, nothing. Very unprofessional.

They might not be as "professional" (responsive is my description), but you save money. That's the trade off.

I bought 6yrs and 2yrs ago, respectively.

The first time I ranted and raved about their lack of responsiveness. It wasn't a smooth process, but I got the contract I wanted at BWV at a pretty decent price. It would be a bargain by today's standards.

The second time? I put in an offer $10 below asking. I didn't hear anything from them for 2 weeks and assumed it was just too low. Suddenly, I get a phone call TWO WEEKS after my offer than it was accepted. I was okay with that.

You end up getting the contract at a good price despite their lack of responsiveness.

Our contract took 3 mos to close because of First Am. Finally had to get Bonnie from fidelity involved and she went the seller to sort it out. First Am sent Settlement Statments to us that had no signature lines and then after weeks and only after contacted them do we find out we need to sign them. Turns out that was the hold up with the sellers docs but I doubt he was even contacted before Bonnie did. Still took a few weeks form there. First Am gives zero cares about your DVC sale.

Our contract took 3 mos to close because of First Am. Finally had to get Bonnie from fidelity involved and she went the seller to sort it out. First Am sent Settlement Statments to us that had no signature lines and then after weeks and only after contacted them do we find out we need to sign them. Turns out that was the hold up with the sellers docs but I doubt he was even contacted before Bonnie did. Still took a few weeks form there. First Am gives zero cares about your DVC sale.

And Bonnie is super nice! But doesn't seem to hound first American like she should unless you are hounding her.

If I had it to do over again, I would use fidelity and Bonnie again, would do everything with phone calls over emails, and use a different title company.

And Bonnie is super nice! But doesn't seem to hound first American like she should unless you are hounding her.

If I had it to do over again, I would use fidelity and Bonnie again, would do everything with phone calls over emails, and use a different title company.
I think Bonnie is a great Sales Person and her talents are best focused on getting is nomb contracts but Evelyn the assistant should be on title like white on rice so Bonnie can get paid.

I think Bonnie is a great Sales Person and her talents are best focused on getting is nomb contracts but Evelyn the assistant should be on title like white on rice so Bonnie can get paid.

I'm not familiar with Evelyn, I was kind of under the impression that Bonnie was flying solo on the dvc side.

I'm not familiar with Evelyn, I was kind of under the impression that Bonnie was flying solo on the dvc side.
In the two transactions I've done, Bonnie closed the sale and then Evelyn handled the paper. Although that's an exaggeration. Haha

I think my savings was between $5 and $10 per point with Fidelity. Just a guess based on what similar contracts were sold for. The buying process was about a two week delay from other resellers I have used. I did send check in emails when things were taking too long but I didn't hound them. At both times the process moved forward right after I emailed, could have just been coincidence that it was moving forward anyways. It took 63 days from offer accepted to reservation booked with the new points. This is a pretty standard and good timeline for a resale but I gave a two week delay because it took a week to submit for ROFR and it was about an extra week in the closing process. Disney was faster in both ROFR and in loading my points than they have been in the past. Overall, I really enjoyed my purchase through Fidelity and am very happy with the contract.

everyone seems to have used bonnie. Has anyone worked with amy?
We used Amy for all our resale contracts!

Absolutely loved her - amazing responsiveness and really proactive at getting us info before contracts were ready to list. We’ve not reached out to her since getting into estoppel, but that may change if I don’t hear back from FAT by Tuesday...ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter