How much did you save going with Fidelity?

Very interesting. If this is the case, why would Disney possibly ROFR any of those contracts? And also, who would the negotiation be with, Disney or Fidelity?

Is there evidence of Disney ROFRing fidelity contracts? Maybe the contracts weren't the ones sent over by Disney. You would be negotiating with fidelity just like if my resale broker sold me a co-listed contract from a different broker, I would still deal with my broker.

:earsboy: Bill

I offered full price on mine. I knew my pt range with my resort goes fast- plus it was a loaded contract. I called to make an offer (the email had just gone out and someone had already put in an offer) I was told I was #2 but she took all my info of my bid and would let me know. She called me back within 10 minutes and said first sellers backed out. I have no idea if they really did or if my full price offer put me ahead.

Very interesting. If this is the case, why would Disney possibly ROFR any of those contracts? And also, who would the negotiation be with, Disney or Fidelity?
I think you misunderstood. When someone calls Disney and says they want to sell, Disney sends them to Fidelity. Disney doesn't list any contracts with Fidelity. The idea is that Fidelity pays them a "finders fee" of sorts.

I went ahead and sent them my info to get on the email list. A agent name Bonnie emailed me back. So I sent her back an email telling her I was looking into buying during early 2018, or at some point in 2018. I also re-affirmed to her that I wanted a small contract to get in the game, 50 points or less, maybe at HH or AKL. I am thinking that a small contract at AKL will possibly be more in supply than at HH, but we will see. So maybe at the end of this year, beginning of next, I will be ready to purchase something instead of just window shopping like I am now.

Regarding Fidelity, given that their listing prices are more realistic than other websites, do you guys still bid under asking? Or do you just say you'll take it? Would like to hear input from people who tried both tactics. Seems like their contracts go very quickly.

I bid $7pp under on a fidelity contract and it was accepted, BLT listed at 107 pp I bought it for 100pp, it was a big contract, but I felt that was an amazing price. Many going in the 110-120 range.

Now we are coming up on 3 months here shortly and we STILL haven't closed, which is something to consider :(

I bid $7pp under on a fidelity contract and it was accepted, BLT listed at 107 pp I bought it for 100pp, it was a big contract, but I felt that was an amazing price. Many going in the 110-120 range.

Now we are coming up on 3 months here shortly and we STILL haven't closed, which is something to consider :(
I know it is a long drawn out process, so I will have to deal with that.

I think you misunderstood. When someone calls Disney and says they want to sell, Disney sends them to Fidelity. Disney doesn't list any contracts with Fidelity. The idea is that Fidelity pays them a "finders fee" of sorts.

While this is true, I was told that Disney also has fidelity and another company sell some of their contracts.

:earsboy: Bill

We closed last month with our Fidelity contract and I'd definitely use them again. Great communication the whole way through and Bonnie was fantastic. Got us exactly what we wanted and we saved $5/pt on 160 points.

As others have said you have to get on their list or have them call you as most of their contracts never make it even to their mailing list let alone website.

They have a decent set of BLT small contracts posted right now. 30, 40, 50, and 90 point contracts...

Can I ask why you are still waiting to close? Is it something Fidelity is holding up or your sellers?

Can I ask why you are still waiting to close? Is it something Fidelity is holding up or your sellers?

We finally closed yesterday!!!

To answer your question it was an amalgamation of things. But fidelity is responsible to organize everything and communicate updates as we move through the process. There were some delays I never got answers for. The longest delay being that the seller messed up the notary Whitness line, but by the timeline I was given, it seemed like the title company would have had the signed document for around ten days before they noticed and sent it back for another whitness.

Also fidelity had trouble getting answers for me from the title company about the status, Which is unacceptable. But it's impossible to know how much of the communication gap was caused by which party.

If it was American Title, then that was the hold up. They sent me the closing docs, I signed them and overnighted them with my cashiers check. It took 3 days before they emailed me and said they had forgot to include another page with a signature block. So I signed that and emailed it back with in an hour. Still waiting to close.

If it was American Title, then that was the hold up. They sent me the closing docs, I signed them and overnighted them with my cashiers check. It took 3 days before they emailed me and said they had forgot to include another page with a signature block. So I signed that and emailed it back with in an hour. Still waiting to close.

Interesting. I got the exact same email from First American. The signature block on the settlement statement was missing. I got an email the day after they received it. Still waiting for the seller to send theirs back.

Interesting. I got the exact same email from First American. The signature block on the settlement statement was missing. I got an email the day after they received it. Still waiting for the seller to send theirs back.
Happened to me too. Exactly.

I am waiting on the seller also.

You will see it once and awhile that a seller will cancel a sale right before closing....... its tough to give up those points for some people
I had a seller just go missing for a BWV contract I was trying to buy last year. Agreed on the price. Contracts signed by both myself and the sellers. It passed ROFR with no problem. Got the closing papers and sent payment in full to the title company. Then, nothing....the sellers never were heard from again. They never sent in their closing papers and they would not answer any emails or phone calls. I had no choice but to ride it out until the set closing date had passed. Would have been so much easier if the sellers would've at least had the courtesy to send an email saying they were canceling, instead of me playing the waiting game with them. Also knowing I had the full amount of money for this contract sitting in escrow was pretty nerve wracking. Just a lot of time wasted! The good news is that my broker helped me get a BCV contract immediately after and the title company held the funds from the BWV contract to go towards the BCV contract. That way I didn't have to do that whole process again. That contract was smooth sailing from start to finish. I have a VB contract that went through without any issues, too and I am currently waiting to close on an AK contract. But that BWV contract taught me a lesson, it isn't over until those points hit your account. No celebrating for me until that happens!

Using Fidelity for our AK contract that just passed ROFR. Very pleased with this company, the customer service I have received has been awesome so far! I am buying AK for $78/pt, so I say I am saving quite a good amount of money through them!

Not that I have a lot of money to burn but after Seeing many stories here about the slowness of Fidelity i went with the Timeshare Store. I bought a 100 point SSR in 2010 and paid 69.00 and then bought a 37 point OKW 2 years ago and knowing how hard it is to find small contracts paid asking of 90 without hesitation. Both times was 5 weeks from offer to closing!! I can't stand inefficiency and will happily pay a few hundred dollars more for good service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter