How much did you save going with Fidelity?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
How much did you save all together going through Fidelity Resales? I have read that many who have gotten a really good deal with them, got their contract before it even hit the market. I am really leaning towards a 50 point contract at either Hilton Head or Animal Kingdom Lodge. I imagine most of those get bought up without ever being posted online. Advice?

Sign up for their email list. I sent an offer on my 100 BWV contract 20 minutes after getting the email, it would have never hit the website before someone got it.

My advice would be to call them to get on their email list; they may have exactly what you are looking for. When I contacted them in April, they were sending out emails 1-2x a week but now it is much slower (I believe they wait until they have an ample amount before sending out).
As for saving- I paid $89/pt for BWV. That was definitely on the lower end of what I see from other resale companies however you do have to factor in the $195 administration fee too.

Their website is one of the worst- it's never updated so it's best to be on their email. Should you see something- you need to call right away to make an offer. I wouldn't do it electronically.

What's the administrative fee about? Is that an additional charge that other websites do not have? On a 100 point contract that's 2 dollars a point. Maybe their lower prices justify it but seems a little odd. Do they give any explanation for it?

Bought both my contract with them. Will buy the next with them, surely. The fee is neither here nor there- their prices are leagues better than the competition.

What's the administrative fee about? Is that an additional charge that other websites do not have? On a 100 point contract that's 2 dollars a point. Maybe their lower prices justify it but seems a little odd. Do they give any explanation for it?
Yes, it's simply an added fee that other brokers don't charge.

Right, I know about the added "fee", higher closing cost, ect. But with the lower price per point, after all is said and done, I have read numerous reports you will still come out ahead vs. the other brokers.

Right, I know about the added "fee", higher closing cost, ect. But with the lower price per point, after all is said and done, I have read numerous reports you will still come out ahead vs. the other brokers.
Everything is negotiable. Why would you be able to negotiate a lower price per point from one broker versus another? Unless Fidelity's sellers are more motivated or less savvy, everything should end up equal. Choose a broker based on who has the contract you want, not their listing prices.

My contract was asking 85pp which was a subsidized other comparable but nonsubsized were asking 100pp elsewhere.

Everything is negotiable. Why would you be able to negotiate a lower price per point from one broker versus another? Unless Fidelity's sellers are more motivated or less savvy, everything should end up equal. Choose a broker based on who has the contract you want, not their listing prices.
Well since I want a low point contract, say 50 points or less, I figure I may not have much time to negotiate, as those contracts go quick.

Well since I want a low point contract, say 50 points or less, I figure I may not have much time to negotiate, as those contracts go quick.

I agree that there's less time to negotiate on 50 points with the seller's market right now, but also the $200 fee is more relevant across 50 points (adding $4 pp) so still something to keep in mind.

It started out as a fee that the sellers were expected to pay. My guess is that enough sellers balked at paying it and went elsewhere with their listings. Thus it got shifted to the buyer.

For whatever reasons, the smaller contracts are in demand right now. If you want one, you pretty much need to offer full ask to get it. The sellers do not need to negotiate because they (and the brokers) know that someone will offer their ask - and they usually do not have to wait very long before that happens. My opinion. Yours may differ. :)

I think Fidelity is competitively priced, especially when compared to the inventory published on other websites. None of the contracts we have put offers in on made it to Fidelity's website. Sent an email through their site, got connected with Amy, and she has been amazing from day one.

YMMV, but of the four companies we have contacted, Amy/Fidelity has been the most responsive, attentive, and active at reaching out as soon as they have something in inventory that we might be interested in. This could be due to any number of factors, but we have had a great experience working with Fidelity.

And sure, fees aren't the greatest. But when the agent finds you your ideal contract, priced better than most places, and lets you know about it right away, I'll gladly pay the fee.

Unless things have changed, Disney has a business relationship with fidelity. Disney sends them contracts to sell and receives a fee for doing so, that my be the $195. Fidelity doesn't co-list so all they have are Disney's and their listings. Other brokers do co-list so they have more to offer.

:earsboy: Bill

Regarding Fidelity, given that their listing prices are more realistic than other websites, do you guys still bid under asking? Or do you just say you'll take it? Would like to hear input from people who tried both tactics. Seems like their contracts go very quickly.

I just closed on a Boulder Ridge 120 point package through Fidelity. We knew as a somewhat smaller package it would go fast. I happened to check my email and see an email with the package on it within minutes of them sending it and responded immediately. I already had an email correspondence with Amy so I also emailed her in addition. She called me within minutes and we made a full price offer. We chose to go full price, $85pp, because we felt that was a good price compared to what we had seen, and as it was a smaller point package we knew it would be scooped up if we didn't take it. I had also been stalking numerous brokers, twice a day, for weeks, before a package that worked for us appeared, and we weren't taking any chances on missing it. Does part of me wonder if we should've negotiated? Sure. If it had been a higher price to start with we probably would have. But it was within our predetermined desired price range based on our research so went with it. Within an hour of that phone call with Amy, the offer was accepted and we were on our way. Overall, I was pleased with the service we got from them and would work with them again. Definitely get on the email list and begin a communication line with an agent though. That will give you the head start you need to get a smaller package.

Regarding Fidelity, given that their listing prices are more realistic than other websites, do you guys still bid under asking? Or do you just say you'll take it? Would like to hear input from people who tried both tactics. Seems like their contracts go very quickly.

When I bid on my contract I bid lower then asking. the Broker told me they did not think the seller would accept but they did. It all comes down to how much you really want the contract. I am not in a rush to buy so if they told me no I would just bid on another offer or wait till the market cools off.

Unless things have changed, Disney has a business relationship with fidelity. Disney sends them contracts to sell and receives a fee for doing so, that my be the $195. Fidelity doesn't co-list so all they have are Disney's and their listings. Other brokers do co-list so they have more to offer.

Interesting to know!!

Our AKV was full ask ($78 pp), but the seller countered back and said they'd pay '17 MF, so that was an anomaly. The BCV we are currently negotiating is also full ask, because it's $15-25 pp lower than anything else we've seen, matches our UY, and has banked points from '16.

I'm more inclined to pay full ask if it's fairly priced because it's less of a hassle and if it is exactly what we want, I want to make sure we get it. I'll also pay full ask through Fidelity because their starting prices are usually lower than anywhere else, especially for the contracts we're buying (sub 200 points)

Very interesting. If this is the case, why would Disney possibly ROFR any of those contracts? And also, who would the negotiation be with, Disney or Fidelity?

The seller wanted $95, I offered $88, we settled at $92 and they paid the MF. I would have given them full asking, but it didn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter