How Much Did U Tip Your Disney Wedding Planner?

Who gets tipped if you are having an Escape wedding, which is pretty much already a set deal that's ready to roll out for 2 hours? I thought alot of the reason Disney Weddings cost so much is because of the effort they put into it. Now you're supposed to tip them on top of that?

Tipping is never mandatory. It's an expression of gratitude for service that goes above and beyond what you're paying for. If you don't feel that way, you don't have to tip.

Who are you supposed to tip? The planner, assistant, preacher, cake server, violinist, limo driver, florist, cake maker, photographer?

..That said, the people on that list who are most commonly tipped are the limo driver and the officiant, though I've never understood why people tip the officiant when they get to keep the entire fee you pay them. It's not like you're paying for a church and the officiant comes with it. You may also wish to tip the violinist and the photographer. And sometimes people send gifts ore money to their planners and floral planners. But, again, it's all based on how YOU feel about their service.

When I got married years ago I did not have a planner but a maitre d at a country club and a bridal assistant. I tipped the maitre d 500 and the bridal assistant the same. But, they were clear on the guidelines of tipping. If you are unsure I would say to call Disney and ask.

I am doing a 10 year vow renewal next summer and am already trying to budget and figure out everything. I am just having a simple vow renewal on Disney cruise lines and am trying to figure out tipping as well. Any disney cruise brides or vow renewal brides on dcl have any suggestions for appropriate tipping? I will call Disney as well and ask but just wanted some brides with past experiences.

I also don't believe that the philosophy of DFTW is "personalized individual planning".

I actually have said this quite a few times. I feel like I'm on a wedding conveyor belt with DFTW. That being said, it's okay with me. I'm good with fewer choices! My guests won't be able to tell either.

To answer the question - I think we will send a gift after the wedding. So far, my service has not been exceptional, it's been a little below where I expected it - but I'm hoping that will all change on the wedding day. I don't want to decide to tip $x and have them be amazing the day of and my tip be off. The same goes vice versa.

What happens when you had two planners helping you and an assistant? Not to mention floral person. I don't want to give them each a little something, but how about a gift basket?

We were planning to send our wedding planner a gift. BUT we had so many things go wrong on the day of our wedding that we didnt bother. I was so angry I didnt even send her a thank you card. We didnt get our in room celebration and it took nearly a whole week to get things sorted out with her. Also, she was very rude with us the day of our wedding. I won't get into it. But I was not happy with her services.

The only person worthy of a tip on the day of our wedding was the officiant Kevin Knox. He was fabulous.

He made us feel relaxed and was so kind. We tipped him about $100 dollars

I'm guessing we are the only ones who didn't even consider this?
Also, 10% of our relatively small wedding would've been almost $3,000.
That's an insane amount to suggest.

My daughter's wedding planner gave us a hard time about everything! No way was she getting a tip!!

We were planning to send our wedding planner a gift. BUT we had so many things go wrong on the day of our wedding that we didnt bother. I was so angry I didnt even send her a thank you card. We didnt get our in room celebration and it took nearly a whole week to get things sorted out with her. Also, she was very rude with us the day of our wedding. I won't get into it. But I was not happy with her services.

That's really too bad you had problems your wedding day and I don't blame you at all for not tipping. My daughters wedding day had many things not go the way we expected. We did tip but people on here should know DFTW are not always the perfect fairy tale. With that said it still was a magical day for her. The planner was nice enough and got the job done, she did not deserve a tip as far as I'm concerned. The wedding was almost 50K so we may have had higher expectations. The Disney photographer got nothing as he was rude and not at all what we expected from a professional. Would I do it again with my other daughter? probably as I an Disney obsessed. One thing I would highly recommend to future brides is to use this site to get all the help and advice you can, the people on here got me thru it all. :love:

We sent our planner a Disney gift card ($100 or $200, I can't remember) & a thank you card. We also made a monetary donation to the temple where the rabbi (our officiant) leads.

It honestly did not occur to me to tip more than that.

One thing I did do (and continue to do any chance I get) is write & report glowing reviews for all of our vendors and wedding team. They were all fantastic & I am happy to write and report great reviews about my experiences with them. To me, that is the best tip of all :)

I'd love to know who your planner is, but I'm almost afraid to ask.

Who was your wedding planner?!? I don't want her! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for this experience you had.. Did you talk to her manger or the department head?!?

That's really too bad you had problems your wedding day and I don't blame you at all for not tipping. My daughters wedding day had many things not go the way we expected. We did tip but people on here should know DFTW are not always the perfect fairy tale. With that said it still was a magical day for her. The planner was nice enough and got the job done, she did not deserve a tip as far as I'm concerned. The wedding was almost 50K so we may have had higher expectations. The Disney photographer got nothing as he was rude and not at all what we expected from a professional. Would I do it again with my other daughter? probably as I an Disney obsessed. One thing I would highly recommend to future brides is to use this site to get all the help and advice you can, the people on here got me thru it all. :love:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on here! I just got engaged and we are having a disney wedding with a disney cruise line honeymoon.. Disneyland for the wedding.. Can I ask if your daughters wedding was at wdw or dl? And any tips you might have? Thank you agin for sharing your not so magic experience and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

We sent our planner a Disney gift card ($100 or $200, I can't remember) & a thank you card. We also made a monetary donation to the temple where the rabbi (our officiant) leads.

It honestly did not occur to me to tip more than that.

One thing I did do (and continue to do any chance I get) is write & report glowing reviews for all of our vendors and wedding team. They were all fantastic & I am happy to write and report great reviews about my experiences with them. To me, that is the best tip of all :)

This is awesome. Exactly right, IMHO. :thumbsup2

I guess all I can say on tipping is that we tip a minimal amount for standard/minimal service, and tip generously for generous service. Caveat: one must be honest about their analysis and all other factors regarding your perception of the service you received. (Were your expectations realistic? How were YOU to work for? Demanding? Rude? Entitled? Or: Easy? Reasonable? Realistic? Prompt with your paperwork, payments, etc? Problems are inevitable; were the problems addressed promptly, professionally and effectively? If so, did you let go and move on?) ;)

Other notes:
If I can't afford to tip, I can't afford to receive the service.

Outright rudeness is a deal breaker; I will pay per contract but that is all. I do not reward bad behavior. Ever. I am Southern. I can't/won't deal with rudeness. It traumatizes me. :laughing:

But my guiding principle is this: I have been blessed. God has blessed me in order that I may bless and be a blessing. So I do. :love: And it just feels way better to be kind and generous, you know? It just...makes my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter