• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how much cash

Anne2

Mouseketeer
Hi. My fiance and I will be in Disney world for 7 days and six nights for our honeymoon. We will be on the Discovery Magic Package, and will have our credit card with us. My question is, how much cash would you recommend we bring with us and why? Thank you so much for your help!

You don't need to bring a lot of cash, but you NEED a lot of cash :smooth: to go to WDW!!
There are ATM's all around and you can charge most things on your room key. Bring about $300 and you should be fine. We went to WDW on our honeymoon also - 9 yrs ago.

We charge everything to our room key card, which we use our debit card to cover. We only need cash for snacks and drinks from the little vendor carts that do not take credit cards or room key cards. I try to always have about $25 in cash for each day at WDW, just for little things like that. Everything else you can easily use your card for.

We also were at WDW for our honeymoon...13 years ago....I'm certain you will have a wonderful time. As far as money goes, we also charge as much as we can to our room....that way we have one detailed receipt of our purchases. We generally carry $25-$50 each in cash, mostly for snacks, drinks, tips for the housekeeping staff...things like that. As previously stated, there are ATM's in and around the parks (they are noted on the park maps) if you decide you need more money. I do believe that they have a $1 or $2 fee for usage though.

We used very little cash because we charged everything to our room card. We did use cash for tips (like the bellhop who carries luggage to your room) and buying snacks from the vendor carts. Also, remember that you will need cash in the airport (if you're flying) for food.

Although at least one CM told us we would be able to charge to our room at least 24 hours after checkout, my card quit working around noon that last day, so I did pay cash that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter