How much cash do you bring to WDW ?

Why don't they adapt?
Your mousekeepers you don't even see - would you just leave your CC on the table ask them to swipe it for $2? That's pretty trusting. When you get off the DME bus, there is a line of people waiting for their luggage - can you imagine how long it would take to disembark if each person had to wait for the bus driver to swipe their CC on this reader to leave him a tip? I don't think these are really situations in which they can really just "adapt."

About $100 because I like to have a little bit on me on vacation. Otherwise, I use cards. I find it easier to track my spending when I'm using a credit card--but it's also easier to spend "plastic" money so I guess there is good and bad :)

Each adult carries $100 and each kid $10-$20 for “just in case.” We usually come home with most of it minus a nice tip for the maid. For Disneyland I start collecting gift cards ahead of the trip and primarily use those. Credit card for everything else. I don’t consider it a big bill when I get home because I have the cash for the trip set aside to pay for it. I treat my credit card like a debit card “with benefits.”

If the girl scout cookie sellers have swipers and have adapted to the cash free economy why not others? The collection plate goes by at church and there is no cash in there any more. They expect you to use the app
So when the 8 year old kid comes to your door or is sitting outside the grocery store, and if they don't have a Square or PayPal or similar, you say, 'sorry kid, get with the times, get a swioer?'

And if the church plate or basket has nothing in it, why pass it? The expectation is the app or nothing? And I do do my church giving with auto online, sometimes additional with our church app. I doubt there is a church anywhere that expects, and receives 100% online/app usage. Desired? Absolutely. Attained? Absolutely not. Unless you are in an extremely punitive environment.

If the girl scout cookie sellers have swipers and have adapted to the cash free economy why not others? The collection plate goes by at church and there is no cash in there any more. They expect you to use the app
Yet again, proving how it is done in your tiny corner of the world is not how the rest of the world operates.

So when the 8 year old kid comes to your door or is sitting outside the grocery store, and if they don't have a Square or PayPal or similar, you say, 'sorry kid, get with the times, get a swioer?'

And if the church plate or basket has nothing in it, why pass it? The expectation is the app or nothing? And I do do my church giving with auto online, sometimes additional with our church app. I doubt there is a church anywhere that expects, and receives 100% online/app usage. Desired? Absolutely. Attained? Absolutely not. Unless you are in an extremely punitive environment.
Churches have apps? :rotfl:

Each adult carries $100 and each kid $10-$20 for “just in case.” We usually come home with most of it minus a nice tip for the maid. For Disneyland I start collecting gift cards ahead of the trip and primarily use those. Credit card for everything else. I don’t consider it a big bill when I get home because I have the cash for the trip set aside to pay for it. I treat my credit card like a debit card “with benefits.”

Yep, that's how I do it too. Trip is either payed off or mostly paid off before going. When we get home any balance is taken care of. And who doesn't like the "benefits"? lol!

And forgot to say earlier that I do take some cash for tips and such, but no more than $100- $150.

OK - some small bills for tips - maybe some bigger bills which can be broken down at our resort
Chase Debit card for meals and maybe some souvenirs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!