How many wheelchairs/scooters can each bus handle

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
We may be travelling with a group that has 3 scooters, will we all be able to get on one bus, or will we have to split up and some wait for a second one? This will be my first trip with folks having access to a scooter at the room versus getting one at the parks, so I may be asking a lot of questions that have already been asked over and over before. Thanks in advance for your patience with me.

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
We may be travelling with a group that has 3 scooters, will we all be able to get on one bus, or will we have to split up and some wait for a second one? This will be my first trip with folks having access to a scooter at the room versus getting one at the parks, so I may be asking a lot of questions that have already been asked over and over before. Thanks in advance for your patience with me.
This sounds like a great question for the transportation board!

You might also consider the fact that you probably won't be the only ECV/ wheelchair users trying to use the Disney transport system on any single day of your vacation....Imagine...Whole fleets of wheelchairs waiting at the bus stops...Talk about system choke! :earseek:

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet

Where will you be staying? You could always just have the wheelchair users load onto the bus and then, depending on how far you need to go, zip over to the destination on the ECVs and meet them. I wonder if there's a Disney movie in there somewhere?...:hyper:

Just confirming what IamCanadian posted.
Each bus can hold a total of 2 wheelchairs or scooters (or a combination, like one scooter, one wheelchair). It's possible (unless you are the first stop) that there might already be a wheelchair on the bus when you get on, so even if you had only 2 scooters, you might have to wait for the next bus.

Besides not traveling together, another option is to request a special bus from WDW Transportation. There are special, smaller lift equipped buses that can hold up to 5 mobility devices. Tyler (who used to be a transportation CM and is now on the staff at Pop Century) said you can either communicate with Guest Services at the resort, or he posted this number to contact them: 407-WDW-RIDE
My DD has a wheelchair and has been using it at WDW for many years, but my MIL and FIL are going to both rent ecvs for our next trip. So we will be dealing with transporting 3 mobility devices for the first time too.

Where will you be staying? You could always just have the wheelchair users load onto the bus and then, depending on how far you need to go, zip over to the destination on the ECVs and meet them

Staying at OKW, so that really won't be an option. I can just see myself zipping along the road to get to EPCOT. What a hoot. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter