How many vehicles allowed on site

girl disney

Earning My Ears
I will be in Fort Wilferness in October and will have my car and a golf cart along with our C class motorhome. A friend asked if they could stay a few days with us in their Sprinter Van. I know you should only have one vehicle but do they enforce this? Did anybody ever stay in the overflow lot in a van? I really don't want to feel crowded and I would rather not cram all those vehicles on our lot. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you have a car, cart and Class C, your site will be full. Too full to add a Sprinter van. Generally, you are allowed 1 vehicle in addition to your "RV". I have a 5th wheel and get my truck. Those with a MH, can have a car.

All have to fit on the paved portion of your site without extending into the street.

Your friends will not be allowed to "stay" in the Sprinter in overflow. If they stay in your Class C with you, they can leave the van in overflow.

j

If you have a car, cart and Class C, your site will be full. Too full to add a Sprinter van. Generally, you are allowed 1 vehicle in addition to your "RV". I have a 5th wheel and get my truck. Those with a MH, can have a car.

All have to fit on the paved portion of your site without extending into the street.

Your friends will not be allowed to "stay" in the Sprinter in overflow. If they stay in your Class C with you, they can leave the van in overflow.

j

j
Thanks so much for the info...that's what I thought. Plus now I'm reading there may be a fee to park in the overflow. I appreciate your help!

Plus now I'm reading there may be a fee to park in the overflow. I appreciate your help!
The parking fee for the overflow is still an unanswered question. There are a couple of topics here trying to answer it. Disney's official statement is vague on charging for Fort campers putting vehicles in the overflow. I was hoping someone is checking in soon to test it for us.

j

If they want to sleep in the van, you could move your car to the overflow, and let them park the van at site for the night. No clue if there is fee for parking in the overflow.

When I talked to a cm on Sunday, I was adding days to a ressie, he told me one vehicle, plus your camping unit and golf cart if you have one are free at the campsite, and any other vehicle after that has to be parked in overflow with the 19.00 per day fee.

This was on the phone, I didn’t even inquire about it. After he had my ressie taken care of he mentioned it to me. Just thought I would pass it along.

This was on the phone, I didn’t even inquire about it. After he had my ressie taken care of he mentioned it to me.
That is what some others have been told too. The $19 makes sense for whats officially posted for the cabins. I'd be interested if anyone has tested this yet.

j

You might have to reserve two sites, one for the RV and one for the TV. And hope they can put them in same loop.

Still I think the charge for overflow may fall into the official answer from the CM at the Reservation center is "Yes" there is a fee for parking in overflow, but once you get there the CM at check in may or may not charge it.

Chris,

If they try to charge you to park the big truck in the overflow, just tell them you will hitch up the Outpost building and drag it over to the golf course next door. :D

HimandHer

One of our fellow Fort DISers is at the Fort now and just posted the parking details for extra vehicles. Click HERE for the post. Short story is, if you are at a campsite, extra vehicles can be parked at the Outpost lot or the overflow without a charge.

j

Last edited:
I'd put down good money that if he is forced into a weigh station he will come up as overloaded, and not from the camper. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I'd put down good money that if he is forced into a weigh station he will come up as overloaded, and not from the camper. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I hit three weigh stations on the way to the Gulf Dismeet. First one actually pulled me on the scale to weigh me, although they did not tell me what I came in at.

Slightly off topic but is the $19 charge for the overflow a new thing? We've used the overflow quite a few times (although it was always around our reservation (either arriving early or leaving late)) and it don't remember it ever coming up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter