How many times can we meet the Mouse himself? A Sept '13 TR *UPDATE 1/27*

Does anyone still care about this report? It's been next to impossible for me to get on here and update things with my work schedule, taking care of my son and holidays. This wouldn't be the first report I haven't finished :lmao:

lilpixiebabe101 said:
I'm still here Carla!!!

Hooray!!! So glad someone is still here haha :) I'll try to work on an update tonight. I need a pick me up and I think remembering this trip is just the ticket. Hey, weren't we friends on fb?? I thought we were and now I don't think we are for some reason or another?

Does anyone still care about this report? It's been next to impossible for me to get on here and update things with my work schedule, taking care of my son and holidays. This wouldn't be the first report I haven't finished :lmao:

I'm still here too! Hope to read more :)

I am still here whenever you are ready to update

It will help pass the time til your next trip

:yay:

I'm joining in!!

The AoA suites look amazing! It is on my Disney bucket list to stay in one. What a great way to start your trip with some Disney Magic!

I'm still here too! Hope to read more :)

I am still here whenever you are ready to update

It will help pass the time til your next trip

:yay:

Of course!

I'm joining in!!

The AoA suites look amazing! It is on my Disney bucket list to stay in one. What a great way to start your trip with some Disney Magic!

Thanks y'all and welcome Pippi :goodvibes I didn't get an update done when I wanted to. It wound up being a terrible night with my 3 yo but I will do my best to continue on this evening after bed time. Or maybe I can get him to take a nap. A girl can dream :rotfl2:

I'm back on Disboards so I had to see if you had done a trip report just to see if I missed out on anything not reported on FB! I'll be popping by to see if and when you have time to post more! :)

September 12th - Day 2

Well, this was originally our travel day so we didn't have anything planned. I don't have many pictures from the day. We spent most of the day at the resort and also DTD. We did go to the arcade at the resort which was really fun until I got told I had to leave since I was carrying our drinks. :worried:

So here are some pictures from the arcade that I took before I got the boot. Alex had so much fun playing ski ball and the driving games. DH and Alex also did the photo booth and they got some adorable pictures there. I wish I could have been in on that. :sad2:

And here are some pictures from DTD that I took

Multitasking at it's finest :rotfl: He's such a great daddy!

I have a year comparison picture of this one above. I'll post it at the end. This is one of Alex's favorite statues in all of WDW. He has to go visit them each time we go to DTD.

Chris' first Vinylmation of the trip

What could it be?

Cool! It's Luke Skywalker with a light saber!

Then off to the emporium. I mean, who doesn't love this huge Disney store!?

Then we had dinner at WCC. I wasn't too keen on eating there. I hated it the first time but I have to say it was better this time. Still not my favorite place on Disney property but it was ok. Funny story, when our meal came, you all know how you have to yell for ketchup if you need it for your meal. Well, the waitress was about to help DH yell for some and he said "I've got this!" and yelled in such a LOUD voice that he startled our waitress :rotfl: It was so funny the look on her face. I wish I had taken video of it.

Exploring the resort. He had so much fun with the bridge and then going and playing on the deck out back. We all love this resort so much. Some day we will stay there.

Aunt Becca came to have dinner with us. It was great!

Here's the comparison pic. He has grown so very much *sniff*

I think we called it an early night because the next morning is an early one and we needed some good rest to tackle it.

All in all this was a good start to our trip. No, we didn't go to any parks but I think we had fun anyways. Sort of easing into this trip.

First off Alex is such a little cutie!! I love your room what a great room! What a great amount of pixie dust!

I'm here! Yay, I am glad you posted a link. Live that you all got upgraded to LK for your whole stay. What an amazing blessing!!!

We stayed in LK suite and really enjoyed the extra room and the resort.

Gotta ask for ketchup, even if you don't use it!:rotfl2:

Yay, another update!!

He really has grown a lot...such a cutie :goodvibes

Love World of Disney Store at DTD. I can get lost in there, literally :rotfl:

That stinks they kicked you out of arcade. I carried a 20 oz bottle of coke in there and no one threw me out. Guess they didn't notice

Oh, I loved the pics of DH in suspense while he opening up his vinylmation waiting to see what he got :lmao:

Yay, another update!! He really has grown a lot...such a cutie :goodvibes Love World of Disney Store at DTD. I can get lost in there, literally :rotfl: That stinks they kicked you out of arcade. I carried a 20 oz bottle of coke in there and no one threw me out. Guess they didn't notice Oh, I loved the pics of DH in suspense while he opening up his vinylmation waiting to see what he got :lmao:

Yes, the world of Disney store is a must every trip.

And I can't believe Alex is getting so big! He is such a cutie and you guys owe the entire upgrade to him!!:thumbsup2

Great update! Even when you don't get to a park, there's just something so nice about being able to do all kinds of extra stuff because you are there earlier than expected!

First off Alex is such a little cutie!! I love your room what a great room! What a great amount of pixie dust!

Thanks Chele. Yeah I blame it all on Alex :goodvibes

I'm here! Yay, I am glad you posted a link. Live that you all got upgraded to LK for your whole stay. What an amazing blessing!!!

We stayed in LK suite and really enjoyed the extra room and the resort.

Gotta ask for ketchup, even if you don't use it!:rotfl2:

It really was. I was almost crying when they were giving it to us and explaining the MBs and all. It was like a dream come true!

I really liked the room but the resort...ugh we had issues!

haha yeah....

Yay, another update!!

He really has grown a lot...such a cutie :goodvibes

Love World of Disney Store at DTD. I can get lost in there, literally :rotfl:

That stinks they kicked you out of arcade. I carried a 20 oz bottle of coke in there and no one threw me out. Guess they didn't notice

Oh, I loved the pics of DH in suspense while he opening up his vinylmation waiting to see what he got :lmao:

It's amazing what almost a year will do. They grow so fast!

Me too girl! It's so easy to get turned around in there. I follow Chris around because he doesn't get lost LOL

Ugh yeah after I saw the photo booth pics they did I was sad I missed out on that. :sad1: but it's a good memory for them.

haha yeah he's a goof. Loves getting surprised with the vinyls

Yes, the world of Disney store is a must every trip.

It definitely is. Can't go to Disney without shopping in there.

And I can't believe Alex is getting so big! He is such a cutie and you guys owe the entire upgrade to him!!:thumbsup2

Me either! Yes we totally do owe all of that to him and his cuteness.

Great update! Even when you don't get to a park, there's just something so nice about being able to do all kinds of extra stuff because you are there earlier than expected!

Yes it was nice to start off our trip on a slow pace and just do whatever we felt like. We should do that more often

We had an early wakeup call this morning. I booked professional pictures with Disney Event Photography in EPCOT! I planned and planned for this and was super excited to have these pictures done. I knew Alex was going to cry through part of it, and he did, about 30 min worth. But we got some AMAZING pictures that I will treasure forever. I recommend this to anyone doing a Family Disney trip that treasures pictures as much as I do. The photographer and his assistant were so patient with Alex and they were just amazing to work with. I'm super please with the whole experience. Worth every penny and we WILL be doing this again!

PS our appointment was at 7:30am so well before the park opened, in the world showcase. So we parked at BCR and met our photographer and his assistant at the International Gateway entrance.

Oh and it was SO HUMID!!!! OMG I was sweating SO MUCH!! I started off wearing a shear top with white jeans. I planned on changing into blue jeans for more pictures but I just had to go with the shorts instead. I was sweating so much it was so gross.

Anyways, here are some pictures I snapped walking up to meet the photographer.

And here are our photoshoot pictures! Now, there are quite a few pictures....and I want to share them all with you. So this will take a few posts. Bear with me.

This is my favorite. I had it printed in a 16x20 and it's hanging in my living room.

Another favorite

Continued in next post....

This kid has an obsession with water fountains

Another favorite

LOL

This concludes are photo shoot pictures. I hope you enjoyed them! Pictures from our day at the parks continued in the next post.

So after our shoot was over we went back to our car. I can't remember what for but we walked back to the international gateway to enter EPCOT for the morning. As we walked through the world showcase there was a HUGE line of people with tons of vinyls! There was some sort of special trading event going on. I mean dang this line was LONG. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I had never seen anything like it before. Not even at SWW. It was about 10am by the time we got back into the park so we didn't have much time do do a whole lot before our break.

Alex and Daddy

I don't have any pics of it but we stopped at the new Starbucks because we were STARVING! We both got ham and egg pinini (sp?) sandwiches and they were delicious!! Alex even liked it.

First ride of the trip was Nemo!

Then we went to see the Characters at the Character Spot. Here are our photopass pictures from that.

I love the way Pluto signs autograph books

Alex cried when we left Character Spot. OMG he LOVES costumed characters so very much. This is such a challenge with a 2 yo that doesn't understand why he can't spend every waking moment with them

After that we rode Figment which Alex loved

We were pretty exhausted by lunch time so we decided to head back to our resort early. It was so humid on this day that the photo shoot and all that walking really took a lot out of us. We knew we had a long hike back to our car at BCR.

Here's a picture I took walking on the way out after we passed through the International Gateway.

I think we ate lunch at our resort when we got back (no pics) and took a nap. Then we headed to DHS for the Friday the 13th event. Man was this a mistake and a half! The longer we were there the more insanely crowded it got.

This is part of the line to get a voucher to get in line later to buy an event t-shirt.

We decided to ride TGMR which Alex has fallen asleep in the first two times he's ridden it but he stayed awake the whole time this time.

Then my BFF and her Dh met up with us

Once they got there we tried to find somewhere to eat for dinner. But all the CS places ran out of food!? Yeah, I'm serious here people. Everywhere we went we were told they were out of food and there were lines out the doors. They did NOT plan for this event very well. We were all very angry and grumpy. We don't deal with crowds well plus the hunger on top of it. Not a good combo. All I wanted to do was get my kid some dinner! So we decided to go to EPCOT instead. Chris and James decided to ride ST before leaving so we split up. Becca, myself and Alex went to EPCOT and they would meet us there.

Here's a picture I took on the way out of the park.

Words just cannot describe the crowd at this event. It was not fun.

We made it to EPCOT but as we got there the boys called and said they were stuck in crazy traffic so they were just going to head back to our resort since they would never make it to EPCOT before it closed.

So we took Alex on Nemo one more time since that's what he asked to do and left. We got stuck in traffic for people trying to get to DHS for an HOUR AND A HALF!!! It's litterally 2 miles from AoA to EPCOT and it took us an hour and a half. OMG we were so stressed and starving by the time we got back to AoA. I think it was about 9pm before we finally ate dinner. I cannot express the horrid planning on Disney's part for this event. Seriously, worst event ever. But despite that we had a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!