How many times can we meet the Mouse himself? A Sept '13 TR *UPDATE 1/27*

Leger13

DIS Veteran
Why hello there fellow crazy dissies! And welcome to my September 2013 TR. Jump on in, the water is just fine! If you are here then that means you love Disney just about as much as I do and love to hear all about other's experiences at our favorite place to vacation on earth. I will do my best to tell our tale. And who, you may be wondering, am "I"?

Well, here I am in the flesh (well, not really since this is just a picture but you get the point)

I'm a lover of all things Disney. You could say it's my passion in life. I celebrated my 32nd birthday on this trip. Couldn't ask for anything more than to be at my favorite place with my favorite people on my birthday. Makes getting older a little more sweet than bitter. But who ever said that turning 32 means you automatically get a ton more heart burn? Like every time you eat! Gah! :scared:

But I digress.....now that you've met your host (but not your ghost host....I may be old but I'm still alive....I think....or I could be like the guy on the movie the sixth sense) :confused3 I'll introduce you to the rest of my partners in crime....my two favorite boys!

DH, Chris. He turned 33 on this trip a few days after I turned 32. He loves Disney but I'm not sure if he loves it as much as I do sometimes. But he does love it enough to not want to vacation anywhere else (what? there are other places to vacation? No way!!!)

So here he is

And last but certainly not least, our almost 3 yo DS Alex. He is a mad man about the mouse. His world revolves around seeing him as many times as we can while we are at disney which is where the title of this TR comes from. Every morning he sprang up singing "mouse mouse mouse mouse" until we got to a park. Then we'd hear more "mouse mouse mouse mouse" :rotfl:

Here he is in all his cuteness

Our dates were September 11 - 21. The resort we booked was CBR but did we stay there? Stay tuned to find out!

Ch 1 ......wait, you want to do what for us on our arrival day!?

Ch 2. Resort Day and DTD

Ch 3. Photoshoot, EPCOT and DHS

Ch 3. Continued

Ch 3. Completed

Hi Dan!! Glad you found me!

I plan on working on my update today. Hopefully right now since work is pretty quiet. :rolleyes1

So, those of you that followed my PTR, know that we toyed with the idea of heading down to WDW a day early. We were set to head down on Thursday (the 12th) but the night before the 11th we were still discussing heading down the next morning. DH told me after I took some melatonin to help me sleep and it was 10pm that we could head down the next morning if I had gotten us all packed up that night! I told him he should have told me that before I was all ready to sleep because there was no way I was going to spend the night packing then! He laughed and said ok don't worry about it. I whined and told him "but I want to leave tomorrow!" and then we fell asleep. Well, the next morning DH told me he had priced out a LM room at AoA and what did I think about leaving that morning for real. I squealed and jumped and said let me pack real quick! :rotfl: Good thing I had already packed a lot. While I finished packing DH called and booked our LM room for the night and we were on the road by 10:30am

Here's Alex all ready to go

We stopped for lunch at Truette's Grill. It's the first ever stand alone CFA that was ever in existence. Very neat inside!

DH and Alex inside. This is a CFA where they have a actual sit down restaurant, you order like a restaurant and have a waitress and everything. It's really cool

Then it was time for a nap for the little guy

And a pic of me and Alex in the car after he woke up

We made it to Florida!!

And then the Disney signs started popping up. Always a wonderful sight!

And then the best sign of all! The one that lets you know that you've finally made it to the Disney bubble for the next week

We all got so excited when we saw this. We were getting Alex pumped up and we said "see Minnie?" and he said "Minnie!" and we went through all the characters. Once we got to "Mouse" he was squealing with joy! I wish I had video of it, it was so cute and made me tear up that he was so excited!

So we arrive at AoA....I don't have a pic of my own because I didn't think to snap one for some reason so this is a stolen pic of the interwebs.

I do also have pictures of Alex when we were checking in but I, for some reason, didn't upload them :confused3

So here's the story behind the chapter title.

We park and DH asks me if Alex and I would like to come in with him and see the lobby and stretch our legs. We usually wait for him in the car but this time I decided to come inside with him since Alex gets cranky when one of us leaves the car and he doesn't get to go. I figured he'd like to get out and run around anyways with just being in the car for about 8 hours. So we all go into the lobby. We were in luck, the check in counters were all open and the CM's were all standing around talking just waiting for families to come in and check in. So they disbursed when they saw us and let the training CM take on our check in. So we tell her we are checking in for the night so she goes through all of the run down and the Magic Bands we would be getting for our stay. I was so excited just to be getting them for even the one night because our other resort is not part of the current testing phase. Her supervising CM came over and DH asked if they could put us into a king room for the night. So they looked for one but there weren't any available. After they gushed over Alex and how cute he was while they searched for a king LM room for us the supervising CM said to us after he told us there were no King rooms available, "what's your favorite character, cutie?" talking to Alex. We answered for him that it was McQueen and Mater of course (knowing full well those were the suites). And the CM said back to us, "well, what would you say if we put you guys in a suite and you got to stay with McQueen for the night?". My eyes got huge and we both said, "that would be amazing! We would love that!". So they found us a Cars suite for the night. But then we got to talking about how we were going to check out and go to a different resort and how the MB's wouldn't work any more after that since our resort wasn't part of the test. I got a sad look on my face so the Supervising CM asked us what resort so we told him CBR. He asked us if we would like to stay with them in a suite for our whole trip instead so we wouldn't have to switch resorts. Oh my goodness, I was trying to fight back tears of happiness at this point! This was a dream come true. I have wanted to stay in one of the suites since they opened but we just can't afford it. So we of course started gushing about how amazing that would be. I mentioned our free dining and he said that wasn't a problem. They then realized they didn't have a Cars suite for our whole stay but could put us in a LK suite so we agreed to that of course. We were just so thankful for the pixie dust we were receiving for no extra charge. It took us about 30 min to check in due to all of these changes which was fine with us. I wound up walking off with Alex at one point because he was getting cranky and wanted to check out the gift shop already. Plus I needed to compose myself and let this all sink in. I blame it all on Alex and his cuteness that we got this pixie dust as soon as we arrived. Had we not of come down a day early and Alex had not come in to check in I don't think we would have gotten such an amazing upgrade. We were blessed on this trip to start off with. This is why I love Disney so very much.

So after we got all checked in and our first set of MB's, we went and parked by our building and went to check out our room.

Inside the shower

Bathroom in the separate bedroom with just a shower

Towel animal on the bed

bedroom

Bathroom with tub

Vanity area

Sitting area with pull out couch

So after we checked out our amazing suite we headed down to the food court for dinner. DH got Alex and I a large pizza to share and he got himself some chicken pasta. We weren't on the dining plan tonight since this was our extra added night.

Table with pull out trundle bed (which was WAY more comfortable than the pull out couch bed)

Alex and I still super excited to be staying at AoA in a LK suite showing off Timone, Simba and Pumba that are in front of our building

After we ate dinner we went back up to our room and unpacked for the next week and a half, called up some bed rails for Alex since we forgot to bring ours and went to bed a little early.

Next installment

Ch 2.....you can't have drinks in here, miss!

It's awesome that your DH is into Disney as much as you are and got you got you guys down there a day early :thumbsup2

What an awesome amount of pixie dust you got!!!! Sure Alex definitely made that happen, being as cute as he is pixiedust:

Room looks so awesome!!!!!

can't wait for more :surfweb:

It's awesome that your DH is into Disney as much as you are and got you got you guys down there a day early :thumbsup2

What an awesome amount of pixie dust you got!!!! Sure Alex definitely made that happen, being as cute as he is pixiedust:

Room looks so awesome!!!!!

can't wait for more :surfweb:

Yes I am a VERY lucky girl as I know a lot of women don't share that same luck.

Aww thanks! I'll forever tell him that it was all because of him :)

It was so neat! And so nice to have all that space. Wish we could afford to stay there again but think this was a one time luck type of thing.

very cool getting that pixie dust!

I am joining in and following along.

very cool that you got the upgrade and that you didnt have to switch resorts.

:thumbsup2

looking forward to how you liked the resort, we loved staying there.

very cool that you got the upgrade and that you didnt have to switch resorts. :thumbsup2 looking forward to how you liked the resort, we loved staying there.

Thanks we still can't believe that happened :)

For the most part AoA was great but we had a few blips with staff along the way that I'll elaborate more on when I get to it :)

Love your first update! That diner is AWESOME! Looks like a nice trip down followed by an awesome surprise! I'm sure the cuteness of Alex helped :goodvibes The suite looks perfect!!! I want my shower tiled just like that one!!!!

What an amazing way to start off the trip! The LK suite looks amazing. Really, I think any of the themes would make me happy. :goodvibes

So excited that you started!

:flower3: Hey Carla!

Joining life back on the disboards, and i searched hoping you were doing a TR for this trip! Glad I found you! Subbing along! popcorn::

Love your first update! That diner is AWESOME! Looks like a nice trip down followed by an awesome surprise! I'm sure the cuteness of Alex helped :goodvibes The suite looks perfect!!! I want my shower tiled just like that one!!!!

Thanks Betsy :) Yeah Alex for sure helped get us that extra pixie dust. I want my bathroom tiled like that too. I love how the light dims on too in the shower area of the main bathroom like the sun is rising.

What an amazing way to start off the trip! The LK suite looks amazing. Really, I think any of the themes would make me happy. :goodvibes

So excited that you started!

Yeah me too! They all look awesome in their own ways.

I started and then slacked LOL Hopefully now that I'm less busy I can get back into the swing of it!

:flower3: Hey Carla!

Joining life back on the disboards, and i searched hoping you were doing a TR for this trip! Glad I found you! Subbing along! popcorn::

Hi nice to see you again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter