How Many Times Can We Eat At Che Fartsmith's? Update 4/1

Luke’s breakfast looks so delicious! I have had Tonga toast several times and it is so good. The Captain Cook serves a cheaper one but no strawberry compote and you are right, that makes it!

Mmmmm… I love Kona Café!

I'm thrilled that it appears they brought back the Samoan breakfast (I swear it disappeared for awhile?!) as I really enjoyed it when I tried the dish. I'm glad Luke enjoyed it! I also agree with him on the coffee.

Luke’s breakfast looks so delicious! I have had Tonga toast several times and it is so good. The Captain Cook serves a cheaper one but no strawberry compote and you are right, that makes it!
Oh it was. Kona Cafe breakfast I make it a must do every time we go even though Fallon pretends it doesn't bother her to be dragged along to her 4th favourite meal. 5th fave meal if you count the potato chips she eats as soon as she gets home from work.

Looks like you all had a great time at Kona. I was a big fan of the former version of the Samoan, and had this one last trip too, and glad to see they didn't mess with the great flavor too much. I haven't braved the Tonga Toast yet though. I'm not a big sweets in the morning person and haven't been able to convince Jason to order it yet just so I can try it. :D

Epcot - May 3, 2019

I knew I would be purchasing a refillable popcorn bucket for the trip, and we’d always been intrigued by the variety of flavours available at Epcot so when we felt peckish around 11am we headed over. This particular popcorn cart is located close to Journey into Imagination with Figment, and had the option of three different kinds – Sour Cream & Chive, Buffalo Bleu Cheese and Cheddar.

3916CA00-71C1-491A-8491-260EE381D6C3.jpeg

I wasn’t overly excited about any of the current specialty popcorn buckets, and decided I’d be fine with one of the regular refillable ones (and I wasn’t fussy about the colour – whatever one they gave me was perfectly fine). The refillable buckets cost $10, but they allow you to get refills for only $2 – a regular popcorn costs $5, so if you plan on purchasing popcorn at least three times on your trip you will save money!

We had walked over with the intention of getting the Buffalo Bleu Cheese popcorn, but we changed our minds at the last minute and opted for the Sour Cream & Chive instead. And it was so good! I would definitely pick up this flavour again! We split this, and didn’t even finish it all. The best part about these refillable buckets is the lid – we were able to snap the lid on, and finish it later in the day!

45BA9EA2-B84E-4E1F-9F8B-08FDD0383BEF-e1567921758451-768x1024.jpeg

Total Food Cost: $406

La Cava del Tequila - May 3, 2019

After visiting the Three Caballeros, Luke decided it was the perfect time for a margarita! We were able to walk directly into La Cava del Tequila without any wait or lineup, where he ordered an El Diablo – altos reposado tequila, muddled jalapenos and cucumbers, fresh lime juice, agave nectar. Served on the rocks with hibiscus salt rim, $15. He took this to go, and we headed back out of the World Showcase.

72E4978F-E4B7-4766-B584-FF66AE25E102-e1608273588236.jpeg

4D3443F7-5966-4135-80F3-12402155BDF1-e1608676626552.jpeg

This wasn't the first time Luke has had this drink, he likes it. I don't care much for jalapenos, or tequila - so I didn't even try it.

Total Food Cost: $421

Epcot Flower and Garden - May 3, 2019

We had read that there was a special Minnie’s Garden Party event in the Odyssey building just for the weekend (May 2-6, 2019), featuring a specialty dessert, free celebrations pins, a meet and greet with Minnie and a flower wall for selfies. The building typically sells Flower & Garden festival merchandise along with a few food offerings for the festival.

We decided to check it out, and received the free celebration pins as we entered. It was really quiet when we were in there, and there wasn’t a single person in the food line so bought one of the special desserts being offered for four days only (none of the regular food offerings in here interested us). Look at how gorgeous this is (and how cute the free pins were)!

F1267372-025E-48D5-ACF2-DD392B6C6E00-e1567967445178-768x1024.jpeg

Just because it’s the prettiest dessert ever, here’s another picture of it:

10EEB1A8-A93E-40FC-8E17-ED82537A0626-e1567967390266-768x1024.jpeg

This was sold as Minnie’s Garden Party Dessert – $7 according to the sign, with no description provided. The bottom layer was a carrot cake base topped with cheesecake and the dome on top was filled with whipped cream. The flowers, dome, bow and ears were all made with white chocolate, and the ears were topped with sugar crystals. This isn’t the best picture, but here’s what it looked like inside:

4E39623A-4ED6-48DF-B050-F166AF53F4C8-e1567967517971-768x1024.jpeg

The dome housing the whipped cream was quite hard and difficult to break through, so we just tipped it over and scooped the whipped cream out. Neither one of us really care for white chocolate, so we didn’t eat many of the decorations past a little nibble (the sunflower, ears, etc.). But the flavours of cheesecake and carrot cake worked so well together! I wish this was served as a dessert all the time somewhere on property, I’d be all over that – and I don’t need all the frilly details that make this so pretty! Just give me a straight piece of carrot cake topped with classic cheesecake and I’d be very happy!

I’m definitely glad we tried this, it was exactly the sweetness we were craving by this point of the day. It wasn’t huge, but it was a good sharing size since we didn’t want to ruin our supper.

Total Food Cost for this Trip: $428

The best part about these refillable buckets is the lid – we were able to snap the lid on, and finish it later in the day!
We had never gotten a refillable bucket until our December trip last year, and it was pretty good deal! Especially when you can fill it up with that flavored popcorn!

We were able to walk directly into La Cava del Tequila without any wait or lineup,
That is amazing in itself! I don't think I have seen it that way.

El Diablo – altos reposado tequila, muddled jalapenos and cucumbers, fresh lime juice, agave nectar. Served on the rocks with hibiscus salt rim, $
Yum!

We had never gotten a refillable bucket until our December trip last year, and it was pretty good deal! Especially when you can fill it up with that flavored popcorn!

I love the refillable buckets! Disney popcorn is so good, I wish I knew the secret!

That is amazing in itself! I don't think I have seen it that way.

It wasn't our initial plan to stop there, but when we saw that it was a walk in our decision was made for us!

'Ohana - May 3, 2019

Our first official gathering for Epic weekend was for supper at ‘Ohana on Friday night. Luke and I ubered over to the Poly from OKW, and met up with Ariana (@Pluto0809 ) and Jackie (@missjackiemcg ), who were outside at the Tiki Terrace enjoying a pre-supper drink. I wasn’t feeling like a drink yet, but Luke grabbed a Spiky Pineapple – Barbancourt Pango Rhum blended with Pineapple Soft-serve, $14 (an alcoholic Dole Whip, basically).

IMG_7384.jpg

After chatting for a bit, we headed inside to meet up with the group. Quite a few of us had met the day before during the VIP Tour, but there were a few new faces to meet. Introductions were made, a few people grabbed drinks while waiting and before long we were led inside to be seated. Since we were such a large group, they had us placed at three long tables in the centre of the restaurant. I’m not sure who the original owner of this picture was, but I saved a copy to use for my review (so thanks to whomever I stole this from!)

IMG_2970-L.jpg

Luke and I had ate at ‘Ohana a few times in the past – it’s been consistently worse each time we’ve gone, but it’s not terrible overall. It’s not a must-do for us, but we enjoyed the company during this meal <3

We both decided to start with drinks, and I ordered an Antioxidant Lemonade – Van Gogh Acai-Bluberry Vodka, Odwalla Lemonade and pomegranate juice topped with sprite, $11.25. I’ve had this before since it’s from the generic Disney alcohol menu that is available at most resorts on property, but I really enjoy it. It’s sweet without being overly so, and contains vodka – my alcohol of choice most of the time.

IMG_7389.jpg

Luke ordered a Bacardi Mojito – Bacardi Superior Rum, fresh lime juice, agave nectar and mint topped with soda water, $11.75. This was a standard mojito, which is always delicious.

IMG_7390.jpg

On to the food! First up is the Pineapple Coconut Bread – which I always find dry, kind of stale and overall just meh. At least they serve it with butter now (when we ate at ‘Ohana in 2017 they didn’t give us anything for it). You can taste the pineapple flavour in this bread, but I wouldn’t waste valuable stomach space on this – and I’m a huge lover of all carbs.

IMG_7385.jpg

Next up is the salad, which seems to change every single time we eat here. On this particular day, it was spinach based. When I’m at Disney, and a salad is placed in front of me – I always try to eat some to offset all the other delicious bad-for-me food that I’m eating. This isn’t the best, but it’s not terrible and I do enjoy some fresh food every once in awhile.

IMG_7388.jpg

The main platter of food contained Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings, Pork Dumplings, Teriyaki Noodles and Stir-Fried Vegetables. The vegetables tasted like they came frozen in a bag, they were kind of mushy and just not very good (which is too bad, they were excellent back in 2017). The dumplings and chicken wings were ok, and the noodles were good.

IMG_7391.jpg

The servers also come around with skewers of chicken, beef and shrimp. I don’t eat anything from the ocean, and Luke has a mild shellfish allergy so we both passed on the shrimp. I had a small amount of chicken but it was dark meat which I don’t really like, it always seems slimy to me. The steak is never cooked to my liking, but the cast members brought me some well-done pieces upon request. I know – I’m one of those people who likes to ruin meat. I didn’t take any pictures of the meat, since we were busy chatting with everyone at our table.

Finally, it was time for dessert, the famous ‘Ohana bread pudding. I was sitting beside Mary (@MissMaryQC ) , and a cast member ended up spilling an entire container of caramel sauce down her back, so they gave her a voucher to get a new outfit from the shop on the main floor of the Poly. I felt so bad for her, I’m sure that was not fun to wash out of her hair….

Dessert tasted great as always though! I only had a small piece, but it was enough.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7392.jpg

Both Jackie (@missjackiemcg ) and Liesa (@Steppesister ) were celebrating birthday's on this trip, so at one point we all sang to them <3

This meal keeps getting more expensive every time we go – it was $52/person at this point. I did have my AP for 10% off, but obviously our group had more than 6 so the 18% auto-gratuity was applied (which is fine – we tip that much anyways!). For Luke and I, this meal cost $147.04 (or $124.18 before the tip – which is the price I’ll use for my total food cost).

Total Food Cost: $566

Last edited:
I feel like Ohana is becoming a little bit of hit or miss on whether the meat will be cooked properly. Although I will say the redder the better the meat is for me! Glad they were willing to cook some to your liking!

Hey there Mama! Nothing like getting a dining report restarted after over a year. Have you been busy doing something 👶:confused3

So good to see you back and reliving our EPIC trip. It seems like a lifetime ago now and I think we'd all give anything to be back!

Happy New Year to you, Luke and that adorable baby!

I feel like Ohana is becoming a little bit of hit or miss on whether the meat will be cooked properly. Although I will say the redder the better the meat is for me! Glad they were willing to cook some to your liking!

If 'Ohana had remained at the same quality as our first time eating there, it would be on our must-do every time list. It's sad how much it seemed to go downhill over just a few years.

Hey there Mama! Nothing like getting a dining report restarted after over a year. Have you been busy doing something 👶:confused3

So good to see you back and reliving our EPIC trip. It seems like a lifetime ago now and I think we'd all give anything to be back!

Happy New Year to you, Luke and that adorable baby!

I'm the best at taking forever to finish my reports - my 3rd wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I've still barely scratched the surface of that dining/trip report... I'd like to finish it one day, but my only time to sit down for this is after the baby goes to bed (and she's my child, so she's a bit of a nighthawk haha).

It's been fun to relive the Epic trip! It was such an amazing trip, I can't wait to do Disney with all of you wonderful ladies again one day soon! <3

Trattoria Al Forno - May 4, 2019

I was really looking forward to this breakfast, we had scheduled it for our wedding trip in 2018 but ended up needing to cancel at the last minute. So I was determined to make it there on this trip!

Our reservation was early – we were one of the first tables to be seated, the characters hadn’t even appeared yet.

IMG_7424.jpg

We both knew what we wanted to order before we even sat down (we always look at menus ahead of time), but we still looked at the menu just to make sure nothing had changed. Since this is a character breakfast, it has a fixed price, but you can order any entree from the list. Juice/coffee/pop are included, but specialty drinks do cost extra.

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

I had decided on the Royale Breakfast – oak-grilled steak, asparagus, cheesy-egg torte, fonduta, breakfast potatoes, crispy onion.

IMG_7445-e1609221591680.jpg

This doesn’t look like anything special, but it was soooo good! I don’t think the steak typically comes cut into pieces like that, but again – I like to ruin my beef by asking for it well done. This was cooked perfectly, not dry at all. I don’t eat eggs very often, so I gave Luke the cheesy egg torte – but I did eat the asparagus and the fonduta on top was nice. I also gave Luke most of the crispy onions but I refused to share any of the potatoes. They were delicious! I would definitely order this again, I loved it.

Luke went for King Triton’s Shipwreck al Forno – calzone with scrambled eggs, bell peppers, salumi, bacon, sausage, blend of cheeses, Sunday Gravy.

FD3A6BC6-BB59-4181-869B-93A9C5673DC9.jpg

They bring this dish out with the giant trident, but the server stands there while you take a picture and then they take the trident back with them immediately. I’m sure it’s for safety, that thing looks like it could hurt someone.

Luke enjoyed this more than he thought he would, but he couldn’t finish it. It was just too much food for that early in the morning, especially something as heavy as a calzone. But he told me he would definitely order it again!

Luke and I both ordered orange juice, and he had a coffee as well. We knew there would be plenty of time later that day for alcohol haha.

Also included with this meal is a basket of pastries, which are very pretty!

IMG_7428.jpg

We split these, and ate every last bite of them! They were much better than we were expecting!

Of course this is a character meal – with Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder. We met Rapunzel and Flynn before our meals even arrived, and Ariel showed up before I had a single bite of my food. It was actually great timing, as we were able to enjoy the majority of our meal without worrying about missing a character. (and yes, my ears are battery-operated and light up!)

Tangled is a favourite in our house, so we really enjoyed meeting those two! Prince Eric is typically a boring character, but this cast member was excellent and really brought the character to life!

IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7437.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7455.jpg

Our total bill after AP discount but before tip was $76.68. We paid, and were out of the restaurant shortly after 8am.​

Total Food Cost: $643

Last edited:
We've never done Trattoria al Forno but it looks so good. I know Ariane has been a few times post-covid and has been raving about the food as well. We aren't character meal people so secretly hoping they aren't back whenever we go next. Blasphemy I know but I'm all about the cheaper price tag :D

We've never done Trattoria al Forno but it looks so good. I know Ariane has been a few times post-covid and has been raving about the food as well. We aren't character meal people so secretly hoping they aren't back whenever we go next. Blasphemy I know but I'm all about the cheaper price tag :D

I looked it up, and the meal I had at Trattoria is currently available for $21 since there are no characters right now! Most of the other breakfast options are only $15 right now!

Neighbourhood Bakery - May 4, 2019

Luke and I were still feeling full from our breakfast, but we had to stop and grab a snack before we left Hollywood Studios at Neighbourhood Bakery (located in the Incredibles area). The menu here isn’t huge, but we were after one thing – the Num Num Cookie! They had another sign out listing two limited time offerings, and one of those caught Luke’s attention.

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7470.jpg

I was excited for the Num Num Cookie – a warm crunchy but gooey chocolate chip cookie tart, $5.79, while Luke went for the Key Lime Pie on a Stick – $4.99

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7472.jpg

You can’t really tell from that picture, but that cookie was huge! It was warm enough that the chocolate inside was slightly melty and delicious. Luke also really enjoyed his Key Lime Pie, which I remembered to take an inside picture of (see below). The inside tasted like a key lime cheesecake, and the coating was (we believe) white chocolate which was thick and offered a nice crunch.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7474.jpg

I ended up not eating all of my cookie since it was so huge, but I tend to keep empty ziplock baggies in my backpack for reasons like this. Before packing up my cookie, however, I decided it needed a photoshoot (because of course it did…)

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7473.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_7476.jpg

I also noticed a PhotoPass photographer, and made Luke get pictures with our snacks hahahaha

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is e1445b05-1235-477b-b1d4-f30569ab8452.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 4e2550fc-98b5-4b4e-aa49-71e23c8ca4fb.jpg

Total Food Cost: $654

Epcot Flower and Garden - May 3, 2019

We had read that there was a special Minnie’s Garden Party event in the Odyssey building just for the weekend (May 2-6, 2019), featuring a specialty dessert, free celebrations pins, a meet and greet with Minnie and a flower wall for selfies. The building typically sells Flower & Garden festival merchandise along with a few food offerings for the festival.

We decided to check it out, and received the free celebration pins as we entered. It was really quiet when we were in there, and there wasn’t a single person in the food line so bought one of the special desserts being offered for four days only (none of the regular food offerings in here interested us). Look at how gorgeous this is (and how cute the free pins were)!

F1267372-025E-48D5-ACF2-DD392B6C6E00-e1567967445178-768x1024.jpeg

Just because it’s the prettiest dessert ever, here’s another picture of it:

10EEB1A8-A93E-40FC-8E17-ED82537A0626-e1567967390266-768x1024.jpeg

This was sold as Minnie’s Garden Party Dessert – $7 according to the sign, with no description provided. The bottom layer was a carrot cake base topped with cheesecake and the dome on top was filled with whipped cream. The flowers, dome, bow and ears were all made with white chocolate, and the ears were topped with sugar crystals. This isn’t the best picture, but here’s what it looked like inside:

4E39623A-4ED6-48DF-B050-F166AF53F4C8-e1567967517971-768x1024.jpeg

The dome housing the whipped cream was quite hard and difficult to break through, so we just tipped it over and scooped the whipped cream out. Neither one of us really care for white chocolate, so we didn’t eat many of the decorations past a little nibble (the sunflower, ears, etc.). But the flavours of cheesecake and carrot cake worked so well together! I wish this was served as a dessert all the time somewhere on property, I’d be all over that – and I don’t need all the frilly details that make this so pretty! Just give me a straight piece of carrot cake topped with classic cheesecake and I’d be very happy!

I’m definitely glad we tried this, it was exactly the sweetness we were craving by this point of the day. It wasn’t huge, but it was a good sharing size since we didn’t want to ruin our supper.

Total Food Cost for this Trip: $428
Oh, I’m just loving your trip down memory lane! It all looks delicious and so much fun! I can vouch for that fun. We were in Epcot on the same weekend and have the Minnie’s Garden Party pins, photos etc to prove it. I can’t for the life of me, though, understand how we managed to miss a cake that cute! I find that I’m sighing over food and trip reports an awful lot these days. Especially, over a report this familiar!

Luke and I ubered over to the Poly from OKW, and met up with Ariana (@Pluto0809 ) and Jackie (@missjackiemcg ), who were outside at the Tiki Terrace enjoying a pre-supper drink.
Yay!! I had almost forgotten about that. I was SO excited that you came to join us and that we were able to chat a little before dinner. I agree, 'Ohana isn't a must for me, but the company that evening couldn't be beat!! Although I wish I had more time to talk to everyone.

Both Jackie (@missjackiemcg ) and Liesa (@Steppesister ) were celebrating birthday's on this trip, so at one point we all sang to them <3
Liesa has the video of this in her TR from the trip. It made me cry!! I just love how all my "internet friends" (as Rob calls them!) were able to make celebrating my birthday so special!

– I like to ruin my beef by asking for it well done. This was cooked perfectly, not dry at all.
I can see how you could get your steak dry alot, if you ask for it cooked well done.

Luke went for King Triton’s Shipwreck al Forno – calzone with scrambled eggs, bell peppers, salumi, bacon, sausage, blend of cheeses, Sunday Gravy.
Luke had the right idea!!!! I LOVED this!!! And is really the reason I want to go back here for breakfast!

but the server stands there while you take a picture and then they take the trident back with them immediately. I’m sure it’s for safety, that thing looks like it could hurt someone.
See, I thought it was because they were worried people would steal the fork..

We've never done Trattoria al Forno but it looks so good. I know Ariane has been a few times post-covid and has been raving about the food as well. We aren't character meal people so secretly hoping they aren't back whenever we go next.
I think before covid, they had a seperate area for dinners who wanted to not meet the characters. We aren't really big character meals anymore either, but I think this is one we would go to again. Meeting Princes somehow is more fun... Or at least Flynn Rider is fun..

looked it up, and the meal I had at Trattoria is currently available for $21 since there are no characters right now! Most of the other breakfast options are only $15 right now!
I would totally go again for $21!

I kind of love that you have your snacks in the picture for some reason! I am also with Luke again on his food selection, I love the key lime pie on a stick as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter