How Many Times Can We Eat At Che Fartsmith's? Update 4/1

Love me some homecoming too. We somehow missed it on our February trip but I'm sure we will be there in August! Its too good to miss.

Yes, please go in August so I can drool over your pictures! :hyper:

Oh I would so be fangirling right there with ya! So happy ya'll got to meet him

See, you should have flown in on May 1st too so you could have come to supper with us :)

This seems like a very logical choice, because who really doesn't need alcohol out of a thermos!

Exactly! I knew you'd get it.

I don't think I realized you could just order the biscuits. Brilliant idea to take them back to the room for later.

I love those biscuits so much, and they really did make a perfect breakfast the next day!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I think Luke summed up deviled eggs perfectly. Though is it an oxymoron to say Heavens cholesterol bombs? Should they maybe be from the other place?

:rotfl2:I might get in trouble for language here if I call them that :rotfl:

Fried chicken of my dreams!!

Good to know we have the same dreams!

Oh this looks so good. We are always so full we don't have room for dessert

:eek: You must have dessert on your next trip! It's so good!

Homecomin' is amazing. The potatoes have me drooling and serious my most favorite food on disney! What drink did luke like better!?

I added this ADR for an early lunch on our departure day!

Will it be your first time eating there? I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

I'm here with @kastoney (in spirit) with wine in hand. CHEERS! I didn't know you were doing a DR too. How exciting!!! We too LOVE Homecomin'!!!

Next Epic trip I think we need a group reservation at Homecomin’! They do rent out the patio for groups (we did it for our wedding)....

Great start, following along!

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

Homecomin' is amazing. The potatoes have me drooling and serious my most favorite food on disney! What drink did luke like better!?

Hurray! You joined and figured out how to comment! Sorry for introducing you to this addiction haha.

Homecomin’ is our favourite restaurant on property! I’m so glad you guys enjoyed it too!

During this meal, Luke preferred the Blue Hooch, he felt the Florida Crush wasn’t mixed as well as the one he’d had on our December trip, but he still drank it all.

What else have you tried there other then the chicken meals? I wanna be spontaneous hahah :laughing: alssssso the meal that is 3 differents sides on one platter, do you pick the sides you want?

What else have you tried there other then the chicken meals? I wanna be spontaneous hahah :laughing: alssssso the meal that is 3 differents sides on one platter, do you pick the sides you want?

Between Luke and I, we’ve tried the chicken, pot roast, Cuban sandwich, burger, a few salads, chopped pork, Jasper board, deviled eggs, thigh-high biscuits, some stuff off the brunch menu and for desserts we’ve had the pecan pie, Shine Cake and Hummingbird cake...

Ultimately, the chicken is my favourite (and I prefer the biscuits over the doughnuts).

Will it be your first time eating there? I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

It is! Reading all the great reviews convinced me! Plus, my grandparents were from Georgia, so I have a special place in my heart for soul food.

How have I not stopped by to say hi before??

Your cactus potatoes look delicious and despite being food court food the photos of your cheesesteak have me wishing for one. Not all Americans like plastic cheese but this one does :wave2: I would not be super keen on all those bacon bits though...
After falling in love with the place on our 2017 trip, we held our wedding reception there as part of our January 2018 trip.

I wish I had a time machine so I could crash the party. You two are just too cute for words and I bet the wedding was AMAZING

mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahaha:

268DD05A-AF97-48B1-BC16-A6692FC14350.jpeg

After our famous-person meet and greet, we sat down and started making the difficult decisions about what to order. First decision was drinks!

I DONT SEE ANYTHING DORKY I DIED AGAIN OF JEALOUSY

Did you happen to tell him that we call his lovely restaurant Chez Fart’s? :duck:

Seriously I wouldn’t know what to do if I met him. I’d probably ask him to autograph my love handles since he caused them in part!

There were 6 in here – we ate three of them and saved three of them for breakfast.
Smarty pants! Good idea!

I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.
@HeiChewChewChewsYou is really poetic. I think he really nailed the essence here :cloud9:

“Watch yer lipids, young man!”

. I also ask for a side of their southern gravy every time too, it’s so good on top of the mashed potatoes or used to dip pieces of chicken (or biscuit!) into.
This is why we are friends. I think you could dip cardboard in that gravy and it would taste good!!

he did help me with my RunShine Punch too, I’m not that much of a lush hahaha).
I don’t see the problem with finishing your own giant squeeze bottle, from one lush to another (less lushy lush)

Is it bad that I want to get one now after seeing how cute your souvenir squeezie is?!

I mean, who doesn’t love getting drunk on cake?!
::looks around, sits on hands::

BOOZE CAKE :banana::banana::banana:

It is! Reading all the great reviews convinced me! Plus, my grandparents were from Georgia, so I have a special place in my heart for soul food.

Hope you enjoy!

How have I not stopped by to say hi before??

You're here now, so that's all that matters :hug:

Your cactus potatoes look delicious and despite being food court food the photos of your cheesesteak have me wishing for one. Not all Americans like plastic cheese but this one does :wave2: I would not be super keen on all those bacon bits though...

Cactus cuts are life. If you ever come to Canada, you need them.

I don't mind some plastic cheese every once in awhile....

I wish I had a time machine so I could crash the party. You two are just too cute for words and I bet the wedding was AMAZING

Yes! Why were you not at our Illuminations dessert party?!

I DONT SEE ANYTHING DORKY I DIED AGAIN OF JEALOUSY

I was DYING!

Did you happen to tell him that we call his lovely restaurant Chez Fart’s? :duck:

:rotfl:I left that part out haha.

Seriously I wouldn’t know what to do if I met him. I’d probably ask him to autograph my love handles since he caused them in part!

:rotfl2:

Smarty pants! Good idea!

And they were delicious!

@HeiChewChewChewsYou is really poetic. I think he really nailed the essence here :cloud9:

“Watch yer lipids, young man!”

:rotfl::thumbsup2

This is why we are friends. I think you could dip cardboard in that gravy and it would taste good!!

Yes! So, so, so good! I could drink that stuff!

I don’t see the problem with finishing your own giant squeeze bottle, from one lush to another (less lushy lush)

I think we need to have a giant squeeze bottle filled with moonshine drinks reunion at Homecomin'.

Is it bad that I want to get one now after seeing how cute your souvenir squeezie is?!

Do it! Consider it an investment, since you get to reuse it :rolleyes1

::looks around, sits on hands::

BOOZE CAKE :banana::banana::banana:

So delicious!

May 2, 2019 - Lunch
Satu'li Canteen

One of the quick service locations we’d talked about trying, but never actually found the time on previous trips was Satu’li Canteen, located in Pandora at Animal Kingdom. Since we didn’t want to waste too much time eating during the VIP tour, we made the group decision to eat here. While we were being transported from Hollywood Studios over to Animal Kingdom, we were instructed to place our order through the Mobile Order option on the MDE app, but to wait on touching the “Prepare My Order” button. Our VIP tour guides instructed us to hit “I’m here, prepare my order” as soon as we got off Flight of Passage. There was a few hiccups since the Wi-Fi signal isn’t great inside that building and the app crashed for a few of us, but we eventually all managed to get our orders placed as we walked towards the restaurant.

As we walked past Pongu Pongu, Luke jumped into line. We hadn’t ordered drinks with our meals at Satu’li, since we knew we’d prefer Pongu Pongu. I headed next door to the restaurant to wait for the notification that our food was ready. Our VIP guides had actually called ahead, and there was a section of the restaurant blocked off just for us – such a nice touch to ensure we all got to sit at adjoining tables!

First up, our drinks from Pongu Pongu. I had the Night Blossom – non-alcoholic mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear flavors topped with passion fruit boba balls, $5.99

F6420545-55DE-4C00-B58F-30C0B444B45D-e1559970659985-768x1024.jpeg

I’d tried this for the first time on our December trip, and I loved it! It sounds strange, but it’s so good! I didn’t know I loved boba balls so much haha. I could do without the paper straw though, I hate those things. I’m a very slow eater/drinker, so the straw is always so mushy before I’m even half way through my drink – gross.

Luke went for the Hawkes Grog Ale – green in color with a fruity hop character (a taste of apricot and peach, a hint of wheat on the finish); 22 oz, $10.25

46E73E2B-5D40-4314-AB74-A76E09D51B58-e1559970757796-768x1024.jpeg

This was also something Luke had bought in December, so clearly he likes it? I assume he'll jump in with some comments on this post :rotfl: You can order this at Satu’li as well, but I wanted the Night Blossom which is only available at Pongu Pongu.

And for our food – I ordered the Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl – wood-grilled chicken thighs marinated with garlic and olive oil topped with crunchy vegetable slaw and boba balls served with your choice of base and sauce, $12.49. I chose the noodles base and the Creamy Herb Dressing for my sauce.

ACE0F8A4-4577-4BC7-B528-A016E25C62C1-e1559970703727-768x1024.jpeg

This was good, but I don’t think I’d order this exact combination again. The noodles are clearly cooked in sesame oil, which I absolutely hate (and is often a trigger food for my Crohn’s disease – it ended up being ok, but it’s been an issue in the past). I don’t typically like chicken thighs, but this was really good! It had a bit of charcoal flavour due to being cooked over a fire, and it wasn’t greasy at all. I also loved the sauce I chose – I would just change my base next time!

Luke also went for the Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl – wood-grilled chicken thighs marinated with garlic and olive oil topped with crunchy vegetable slaw and boba balls served with your choice of base and sauce, $12.49. He opted for the Red & Sweet Potato base and the Charred Green Onion Vinaigrette for his sauce.

48636EA8-DB0E-4E41-9ECE-255472F134BA-e1559970683989-768x1024.jpeg

I definitely preferred my sauce, but I think this would be my choice for a base next time. Luke says he highly recommends going to the men’s bathroom there, the smell of the cooking meat wafted in there and made it actually smell good (his words, not mine haha).

We also had to try the desserts! Luke selected the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse – with passion fruit curd, $5.29

EA9459DD-C1C5-4705-A336-E7100386B87C-e1559970726221-768x1024.jpeg

This was so good! I even remembered to take a picture of the inside!

9D5E3108-1629-4403-AAB6-C79103B95994-e1559970786158-768x1024.jpeg

The cream cheese mousse was obviously blueberry-flavoured, and the yellow was a custard-type stuff, and the white bit at the top was meringue.

I went for the other dessert option – Chocolate Cake – chocolate cake with a crunchy cookie layer, banana cream and Goji berries, $5.29.

3B136999-F41E-47CC-B405-237CE3EC7671-e1559970827646-768x1024.jpeg

I also took a picture of the inside of this one!

B2FBCE95-A4BA-459A-9D65-9B42D1429856-e1559970808717-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t hear much about this, everyone is always talking about the Blueberry dessert – but this was amazing! I loved it so much! The banana cream was on top with the goji berries, and that is pineapple in the bowl. This was also more of a chocolate mousse than a cake – no complaints from me!

Overall, this was a great meal! It’s definitely one of the better quick service restaurants out there, and it’s nice to have a somewhat healthy meal option.

Our total cost was ~$55 with tax for our food from Satu’li and our drinks at Pongu Pongu – and we will be back to both!

Total food cost: $252

Just found this, and I'm for sure joining in!

I know my plate of potatoes don’t look like much – but it’s all about that dip! From my research, it’s apparently just caesar dressing, sour cream, parmesan, chili flakes and green onions – but it’s one of my favourite things!

That sauce sounds absolutely divine!

You can’t really tell, but these also had that weird plastic cheese sauce America loves and ranch dressing.

That seems like a weird combo.

She immediately went over to him and clearly told him that, because the next thing we knew he was making his way over to our table! He was so friendly, and shook our hands and asked if we’d like a picture, and thanked us for coming back to eat again. Eeeeee! I mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahaha:

What! How cool is that!!

That is absolutely adorable. I'm for sure going to have to add this restaurant to my must-try list.

I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.

:rotfl2:

Luke really switched it up and decided to try the Cuban Sandwich

Ooooh looks delicious!

Our VIP guides had actually called ahead, and there was a section of the restaurant blocked off just for us – such a nice touch to ensure we all got to sit at adjoining tables!

That was so great!

I like the look of this dessert much more than the other one!

After joining your trip report, I figured I better join your dining report, too!

Your meal at Homecomin' looks amazing! I keep hearing about this restaurant... I think I may have to figure out a way to eat there!

Your meal at Satu'li Canteen looks delicious! I'm sorry you weren't a fan of the noodles, but I'm glad to see they're an option (I swear I didn't see noodles listed as an option on some of the earlier menus I'd seen). I don't think I've heard anything about the desserts there, but the chocolate dessert does look amazing!

Overall, this was a great meal! It’s definitely one of the better quick service restaurants out there, and it’s nice to have a somewhat healthy meal option.

Our total cost was ~$55 with tax for our food from Satu’li and our drinks at Pongu Pongu – and we will be back to both!
I absolutely LOVE Satu'li!!! The food is so good! I also love the Night Blossom!!!!

Oh man I am now starving after reading about Satuli Canteen. Those bowls look divine! And the dessert looks good too. Maybe I could get R to share with me so we can try multiple things like you guys did! The chicken sounds a little like the Ohana chicken which I actually really loved. Adding this one to my mental notes!

I love the night blossom, I usually get the chicken bowl with rice and beans and the creamy herb dressing, yummy! I didn’t even know noodles were a choice, lol! I really enjoyed our lunch there during the VIP tour!

Glad to see you all had such a good meal at Satuli. We are big fans too and think they definitely set the standard for what quick service can and should be. Though I'll have to check out the mens room next time. For some reason its alluded me on our visits :earboy2:

Just found this, and I'm for sure joining in!

Thanks for joining in....two months ago! :upsidedow

That sauce sounds absolutely divine!

It is! <3 <3

That seems like a weird combo.

It wasn't bad - just way too many bacon bits!

What! How cool is that!!

It was so cool! What a way to start the trip!

That is absolutely adorable. I'm for sure going to have to add this restaurant to my must-try list.

You've never been?! :eek: You need to change that, it's so good!

Ooooh looks delicious!

Luke loved it!

That was so great!

It was such a nice little touch!

I like the look of this dessert much more than the other one!

Delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter