How Many Times Can We Eat At Che Fartsmith's? Update 4/1

fallonkendra

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! My name is Fallon, and I'm back for another dining report! Yes, I'm fully aware I haven't finished my last one, but this one is important - it's from the Epic Girls trip! If you're asking yourself what that is, a group of over 20 ladies from here on the Disboards met up at Walt Disney World over the first weekend of May. I'm sure you've all read at least one of their dining or trip reports - @chunkymonkey , @LesleyWake , @ariane37 , @pepperandchips , @Pluto0809 ,@missjackiemcg , @kastoney , @buzzrelly , @Elevationist , @IowaTater , @Steppesister , @paradesintherain , @Malia78 ,@Mollydolly334, @disneyAndi14 , @ArielSRL , @JennySanders , @MissMaryQC , @Chrystmasangel , @LindseyJo22 ,@StarWarsMomofGirls! @cinderkelly

Joining me on this trip was my husband, Luke. Here we are:

B3854BB7-AEC8-4503-8C97-6C7B4000A920.jpeg

This was our fifth trip to Walt Disney World, and we were there for a total of 12 nights, May 1-13, 2019. We did not use the dining plan, and we actually cancelled a few reservations while we were there, opting instead to actually try some of the snacks and quick service locations we've been talking about wanting to try for years (and we also might have ate at the Flower and Garden Booths more than a few times...).

I'm typically a simple eater but I've been trying to expand my palate over the past few years. I don't eat fish of any kind, I'm not a huge fan of burgers and I like my beef cooked well done. I love potatoes in any form, and I ate a lot of pot roast on this trip :rotfl:. Luke has a mild shellfish allergy, so he tends to avoid that stuff but is overall adventurous. He honestly likes pretty much anything...

May 1st, 2019
May 2nd, 2019
May 3rd, 2019
May 4th, 2019
May 5th, 2019
  • California Grill Brunch
  • Hoop-dee-doo Revue
May 6th, 2019
  • Olivia's Cafe
  • Storybook Treats
  • Be Our Guest
  • Highway in the Sky
May 7th, 2019
May 8th, 2019
May 9th, 2019
May 10th, 2019
May 11th, 2019
May 12th, 2019
May 13th, 2019

Last edited:

Following along, love hearing about Homecomin'

Can't wait to go there in August

Travel Day

Edmonton Airport - Boston Pizza - April 30th, 2019

Since we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, we decided to hit up my old-faithful, Boston Pizza. For those non-Canadian readers, this is a Canadian franchise that has almost 350 locations across the country. There’s nothing special about the food, but I’ve never been disappointed. I’m pretty easy to please!

The menu at the airport location is obviously limited compared to a regular location, but that’s fine. My favourite item is still available here: the Cactus Cut Potatoes – spicy thinly sliced fried potatoes served with our signature cactus dip, $12.89 (they cost $10.99 at non-airport locations…)

Luke decided on Thai Bites – your choice of chicken or shrimp tossed in sweet Thai chili sauce served with crunchy Asian noodles, carrots, fresh cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds, $15.39 ($12.99 at non-airport locations). He went for the chicken and he also ordered a Coors Light, $9.79.

E29C96C0-4B43-4D69-BA81-473D94A81A1E.jpeg

While we were waiting for our food, I ran next door to Starbucks and picked up a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher for myself and a Pike Place coffee for Luke. I used a gift card to pay for our drinks.

I know my plate of potatoes don’t look like much – but it’s all about that dip! From my research, it’s apparently just caesar dressing, sour cream, parmesan, chili flakes and green onions – but it’s one of my favourite things!

This hit the spot, and was enough food to get us through our red-eye flight.

Vineland Premium Outlets - Charley's Philly Cheesesteak - May 1, 2019

While we were at the Vineland Outlets, we were hungry and decided to just grab something from the food court there. There isn’t a huge selection, but we each found something. Luke grabbed a burrito from Currito (sorry, no pictures) and I went to Charley’s Philly Steaks because it’s not a franchise we have in Canada.

I ordered a regular Philly Cheesesteak with nothing on it – no onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomato, pickles, lettuce or mayo. I honestly would have been fine with mayo, but the cashier seemed a bit confused when I was saying what I didn’t want on it, so it was just easier to say nothing except the meat and cheese.​

I also made it into a combo with the Ultimate Fries and a drink.

72B736B1-4068-4578-8C7B-7E3AD7E19388.jpeg

They went a little crazy with the bacon on the fries – I actually had to scrape some off, it was just too much. You can’t really tell, but these also had that weird plastic cheese sauce America loves and ranch dressing.

Total was $14.82. The food was ok, nothing really special(but we didn’t expect spectacular from a food court). It was food, and it held us over until our dining reservation that evening.

Total for food: $69

I promise it'll get more exciting after this! Everything else we eat after this on this trip was on Disney Property!​

Me and my glass of wine can't wait to hear more!!!!! :drinking1

Joining in! We wanted to eat at Homecomin' so bad and couldn't get an ADR. I'm booking it first thing next time!

I am a serious lurker and am so ::yes:: happy and green (with envy) to read about the Epic Trip! I really didn't know it was happening because I don't read Pre Trip reports. (I have my own planning methods as a Commando person). I am reading ALL of you.

Me and my glass of wine can't wait to hear more!!!!! :drinking1

There might be some wine consumed in this trip report :woohoo:(and a few other drinks as well!)

Joining in! We wanted to eat at Homecomin' so bad and couldn't get an ADR. I'm booking it first thing next time!

We love Homecomin'! Hopefully you're able to get an ADR for your next trip!

Looking forward to following along!

Thanks for joining in!

Following along!!!

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

I am a serious lurker and am so ::yes:: happy and green (with envy) to read about the Epic Trip! I really didn't know it was happening because I don't read Pre Trip reports. (I have my own planning methods as a Commando person). I am reading ALL of you.

Welcome! Thank you for joining in!

Homecomin' - Supper - May 1, 2019

One of our favourite restaurants anywhere is Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. After falling in love with the place on our 2017 trip, we held our wedding reception there as part of our January 2018 trip. We also really enjoy starting our trip here with supper on our arrival night, and this trip was no exception.

DAEE8CC8-EE3B-4CC9-B727-5B8775367335.jpeg

We checked in at the hostess stand outside the restaurant, and we only waited about 5 minutes before I received a text message saying our table was ready and to head inside. As soon as we walked in, I spotted the main man himself – Chef Art Smith! I was fangirling hard, and mentioned to the hostess showing us to our table how excited I was to see him in his restaurant, and how special this place was for us after holding our reception on the patio the day of our wedding. She immediately went over to him and clearly told him that, because the next thing we knew he was making his way over to our table! He was so friendly, and shook our hands and asked if we’d like a picture, and thanked us for coming back to eat again. Eeeeee! I mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahaha:

268DD05A-AF97-48B1-BC16-A6692FC14350.jpeg

After our famous-person meet and greet, we sat down and started making the difficult decisions about what to order. First decision was drinks!

Since it was our first night and I’d barely slept in days, I decided it was a great time to really overindulge, and ordered a 22-ounce squeeze bottle of Rumshine Punch – Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, $22.

AABCAB09-4169-4978-A8F0-B541404BAC1A-e1558402606626-768x1024.jpeg

31E714D5-F7AE-4FEA-9D41-EA167BB1153D-e1558402644717-768x1024.jpeg

Look at how adorable this squeeze bottle is! And the drink was extremely delicious, and despite being strong it went down easy. Maybe a little too easy, spoiler alert – I was feeling pretty good by the time this meal was over hahaha. Also – you can take this bottle back and it’s $13 for refills​

Luke’s first drink order was the Florida Crush – Tito’s handmade vodka muddled with orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh squeezed Florida orange juice and agave syrup, $12

701CFCEC-3E69-480A-9C47-86DB0AD579A9-e1558392811284-768x1024.jpeg

Luke had tried this drink here back in December, and he thought that one was mixed a bit better than this one.

Also – we had one of the best tables in the restaurant, along the back wall overlooking the water. It was a perfect way to really kick off our vacation!

D20B204A-D5EE-4156-8B33-9972D77B5BC3.jpeg

We decided to go all out on this meal, and order an appetizer, entree and dessert each. My appetizer wasn’t really exciting, but I was thinking ahead and ordered a basket of Cheddar Cheese Drop Biscuits – $7

73B8D61F-3397-469D-8F6F-DFA7AF0B13DE.jpeg

I love these so much, and since I knew we had an early start to our day tomorrow these would make a great breakfast. There were 6 in here – we ate three of them and saved three of them for breakfast.

It’s not officially stated on the menu, but you can order a half-order of the Church Lady Deviled Eggs – southern style deviled eggs $12 for 6 eggs ($6 for a half order)​

A560B320-151F-4D75-9663-5B4040E7D291-e1558402680600-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t like eggs, so I’ve never tried these, but Luke has had them a few times and always enjoys them. He really likes putting a bit of the house-made Hot Sauce on them. I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.

Next up – entrees! We really wanted to try something different, but I didn’t want to change it up too much. I always get the Fried Chicken, so this time I ordered the Fried Chicken & Doughnuts – two pieces of Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken served with house-made sugar doughnuts and creamy mashed potatoes, $27.

69EB32E9-AC9C-4EF9-B6BE-68BA4ADB8FEF.jpeg

The only difference from the other chicken dish is doughnuts instead of a biscuit, and I believe the pieces of chicken are smaller with this one (but that’s not based on anything other than the multiple pictures I have of the non-doughnut based chicken dish). The chicken was just as delicious as I remembered. I also ask for a side of their southern gravy every time too, it’s so good on top of the mashed potatoes or used to dip pieces of chicken (or biscuit!) into. The doughnuts were also clearly fresh, and they are served with maple syrup to dip into (or pour over top of them – no judgement). It was really sweet, but such a great contrast to the savoury chicken/potatoes.

Luke really switched it up and decided to try the Cuban Sandwich – house smoked pork, shaved country ham, house made pickles, yellow mustard and Swiss cheese pressed between slices of fresh Cuban bread, served with house-made barbecue chips drizzled with icebox dressing, $18​

5E4BEE3F-1357-4653-A1D0-A8C1D6EC9A34.jpeg

I didn’t try this (I don’t like mustard), but Luke really enjoyed it! I did steal a few of the chips though, they were nice and fresh and crispy. I really enjoy their icebox dressing as well. In Luke’s words – the bread was toasted to a perfect crispiness, the pulled pork was excellent and complimented well with the ham and mustard. He was also a little apprehensive about ordering it at first because he’s loved all the other things he’s tried here, but he was so happy he took a chance on a new item!​

At some point, Luke ordered another drink, Blue Hooch – Blue Flame moonshine, lemon-infused moonshine, blue curacao, house-made simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and a splash of Sprite, $13

1034EC42-16A1-4E1A-99B0-57E4463E1F18-e1558405259543-768x1024.jpeg

This was my favourite of the three drinks we had during this meal, and I might have helped Luke out by drinking half of it… (he did help me with my RunShine Punch too, I’m not that much of a lush hahaha).

Finally, we somehow found room for dessert (ok fine, I packed up half of my mashed potatoes and one piece of my chicken just so I’d have room…). Luke ordered the Shine Cake – Chef Art’s signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup, served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $11

85C7D681-5231-45BA-9AC1-2A9670AF205E-e1558405276936-768x1024.jpeg

This is always great – I mean, who doesn’t love getting drunk on cake?! It’s a large piece (it’s bigger than it looks in the picture), and I definitely helped him with this buttery perfection. It’s also strong enough to keep your buzz going a little longer…

I went for my favourite dessert on the menu – Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie – a 100 year old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $11

929CAD4E-060F-4BC3-AFA4-3902FD425C73.jpeg

I know it doesn’t look super impressive from my awesome dark photo, but this is so good! I’m not a huge pie person – but I love this one! It’s served warm so the chocolate is a little melty, and the pecans are nice and salty. I try to avoid ice cream for the most part (dairy seems to be a trigger food for my Crohn’s), so I only ate about half of that scoop, but it pairs perfectly with the pie.​

I forgot to take a picture of the receipt, but it was just under $130 with my 10% annual pass discount.

Total food cost: $197

I always love to see airport food. Not sure what that says about me.
Homecomin’ and a chef meet is fantastic. I’m not sure I can fit it into our trip but it does look great and good value oop.

How awesome to meet Chef Art Smith. I’m a huge Top Chef fan and he has been on there several times!

Looks like a wonderful first night dinner!

My 11yo son is easily impressed. We grabbed sandwiches from here when we hit the outlet in August and he LOVED his. He actually randomly mentioned "that crazy delicious sub place" just last week while I was watching a character warehouse vlog. HAHA I think we got the California Chicken. I know it was one of the chicken ones anyway. It's so funny to me the little things that stand out so much to him. Who would've thought it'd be the mall food court meal *shrugs*

Florida Crush – Tito’s handmade vodka muddled with orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh squeezed Florida orange juice and agave syrup, $12

701CFCEC-3E69-480A-9C47-86DB0AD579A9-e1558392811284-768x1024.jpeg
This sounds right up my alley and looks delish!

One of our favourite restaurants anywhere is Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. After falling in love with the place on our 2017 trip, we held our wedding reception there as part of our January 2018 trip. We also really enjoy starting our trip here with supper on our arrival night, and this trip was no exception.
Love me some homecoming too. We somehow missed it on our February trip but I'm sure we will be there in August! Its too good to miss.

he immediately went over to him and clearly told him that, because the next thing we knew he was making his way over to our table! He was so friendly, and shook our hands and asked if we’d like a picture, and thanked us for coming back to eat again. Eeeeee! I mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahaha:

268DD05A-AF97-48B1-BC16-A6692FC14350.jpeg
Oh I would so be fangirling right there with ya! So happy ya'll got to meet him

Since it was our first night and I’d barely slept in days, I decided it was a great time to really overindulge, and ordered a 22-ounce squeeze bottle of Rumshine Punch – Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, $22.

AABCAB09-4169-4978-A8F0-B541404BAC1A-e1558402606626-768x1024.jpeg
This seems like a very logical choice, because who really doesn't need alcohol out of a thermos!

Also – we had one of the best tables in the restaurant, along the back wall overlooking the water. It was a perfect way to really kick off our vacation!

D20B204A-D5EE-4156-8B33-9972D77B5BC3.jpeg
Great view!

73B8D61F-3397-469D-8F6F-DFA7AF0B13DE.jpeg

I love these so much, and since I knew we had an early start to our day tomorrow these would make a great breakfast. There were 6 in here – we ate three of them and saved three of them for breakfast.
I don't think I realized you could just order the biscuits. Brilliant idea to take them back to the room for later.

A560B320-151F-4D75-9663-5B4040E7D291-e1558402680600-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t like eggs, so I’ve never tried these, but Luke has had them a few times and always enjoys them. He really likes putting a bit of the house-made Hot Sauce on them. I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I think Luke summed up deviled eggs perfectly. Though is it an oxymoron to say Heavens cholesterol bombs? Should they maybe be from the other place?

Fried chicken of my dreams!!

85C7D681-5231-45BA-9AC1-2A9670AF205E-e1558405276936-768x1024.jpeg

This is always great – I mean, who doesn’t love getting drunk on cake?! It’s a large piece (it’s bigger than it looks in the picture), and I definitely helped him with this buttery perfection. It’s also strong enough to keep your buzz going a little longer…
Oh this looks so good. We are always so full we don't have room for dessert

I always love to see airport food. Not sure what that says about me.
Homecomin’ and a chef meet is fantastic. I’m not sure I can fit it into our trip but it does look great and good value oop.

Hopefully you can fit in Homecomin'! It's our favourite :love:

How awesome to meet Chef Art Smith. I’m a huge Top Chef fan and he has been on there several times!

Looks like a wonderful first night dinner!

It was such a great way to kick off our vacation!

My 11yo son is easily impressed. We grabbed sandwiches from here when we hit the outlet in August and he LOVED his. He actually randomly mentioned "that crazy delicious sub place" just last week while I was watching a character warehouse vlog. HAHA I think we got the California Chicken. I know it was one of the chicken ones anyway. It's so funny to me the little things that stand out so much to him. Who would've thought it'd be the mall food court meal *shrugs*

Hahahaha, that's hilarious! I was a weird kid when it came to food, and that would have been something that stood out to me too. I mean, it was fine - if I was there I'd probably order it again. But it was far from the best thing I ate on this trip.

This sounds right up my alley and looks delish!

Luke had this same drink back in December and he thought this one wasn't mixed as well. He did order it again on one of our other trips to Homecomin' in May though, so it's still clearly one of his favourites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!