How many ticket days for a 9 day trip?

You definitely need to buy one annual pass. The admissions and deluxe resort discounts will easy pay for itself. Also included magic maker and restaurant/ merchandise discounts add up

I'm going to chime in and say that I think you really need to think about that 3 different resorts thing. No way I would do that. You talk about being exhausted, struggling with the time difference, and how much time things take in comparison to DL. Switching resorts is a going to add to that alot.

For me - I"d suggest the 9 day ticket without PH. It's okay to say 4 hours is a full day.

OP - you know MUCH better than anyone else what you can handle. Based on your first post I would get a 7 day no hopper pass and this way if you decide to do an extra day or 1/2 day you have a ticket and it's roughly just $14 more per person, whereas if you buy a 9 day ticket it's about $50 more per person and you have "clearly" said that you are not interested in going to a park every day. I am also not a fan at switching resorts that many times, but there are a lot of things you can do during that day, enjoy the resort your at or the one your switching too, go MK resort hopping via the monorail or take a trip to DS. We have AP's and rarely park hop, and we normally do a day break every 3rd day and when we get home we no longer feel like we need a vacation from our vacation:) It's also fine NOT going to a park every day

I agree that doing the no hopper option is a good idea if you’re worried about being tired! No real advice on the right number of days - I’d suggest approaching with plan that you will buy extra days once you’re there if you find you want more park days. I’m going for a 7 day trip in Feb and we are getting tickets in advance for four days - if we want more days we will buy more once there. Someone mentioned there’s nothing to keep you busy all day if you don’t go to a park everyday - I don’t agree with this. We will go mini golfing, we will enjoy the pool and read books, go to a water park, husband may go to the outlets, might go visit the horses at Fort Wilderness and we will just enjoy the ambience at some of the hotels. I love WDW but part of keeping my whole family happy on vacation means small doses of the parks - on park days we will probably only be in the park for 3-4 hours.

You can always buy a regular park ticket for the number of days you prefer. You can at any time has park days to your tickets or add the park hopper to your tickets. You must still have at least one valid day on your ticket, to do this. The cost to add park hopper to a ticket is the same if done on day one or the last day. You can always upgrade a ticket. You cannot downgrade a ticket. Down side to this, you cannot make fast passes, til you actually have a valid admission for that day.

having said all of this, I'd do a ticket for each day you are there. It's nice to have the option to always go to a theme park for dinne r.

I *think* I'm going to end up buying 9 days, at DH's urging, though I seriously doubt we will use them all. Psychologically, I hate leaving money on the table, so I know I will be driven to use all the days if I buy them ahead. That was part of the reason I was trying to justify buying less -- then we're (more like *I'm*) forced to have rest days. The rest of my family could care less about money and are very impulsive. We have had countless Disneyland trips where they decided to stay at the hotel an entire day or after what was just supposed to be an afternoon break. So that's another reason I'm compelled to buy less days. We are NOT commando all day people either. And with the shortened January hours and our west coast time zone, there's fat chance we'll make it to a park before noon. And they all close at 8.

I just hope I can predict the parks my people are gonna want to be in, even what I'm gonna want to be in! Like I said, they are all so impulsive. I guess they can just choose to go to what I have planned, or go elsewhere and deal with the leftover FPs! I need to be like Elsa and LET IT GO! ❄ :o

That's a great argument for hoppers. You will be lucky to get some of the rides they want, so you will have to take them on the days you get them. Or stand in line for hours or skip. So just give them that structure - we have to be at AK at this time on this day or you may not get to ride FOP. Feel free to give in to your impulses the rest of the day.

We do 6 park days for a 9 day trip. We fly in late morning the first day, and have a resort day. Then we do 2 park days, and have another resort/shopping day, then 2 more parks days, and another resort day, and then finish off with our last 2 park days. It works really well for us. We usually do the parks all day from open to close the days we are there.

epcot closes at 9. :rolleyes:
Here is a suggestion. Maybe do 7-8 park days and then throw in an after hours event. This will give you a later night and low crowds. Put that money saved from the extra day or two of tickets towards the after hours event. You can enter which ever after hours park you choose starting at 7PM usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!