How many pictures do you usually take?

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
When you go, on average, how many dozens of pics do you take on a week disneyland vacation? LOL? Im just wondering if my camera will hold enough pictures, or if I should bring my regular non digital camera as well. :rolleyes1

We took over 300 on our last trip, 6 days, had to do some deleting to fit picks for the last day on the camera.

Hi -

We were there for 5 days in April and took 563 pictures. We had a 1GB memory card on our digital. I was totally paranoid that if the camera got lost or stolen that we would lose everything. So with that being said -- I would recommend having several smaller media cards.

We never ran out of memory but the batteries ran out on several days!! :guilty:
The thought of the battery running out NEVER entered our minds. Silly us did not bring the charger to the park the first day -- but we did all the others!! We charged it during the day when we were resting and could find an electrical outlet that was available.

Heidi

I have always taken 300+ photos on my Disney Vacations. I would invest in the biggest memory card you can afford (I would do at least a 512 mb) so you don't have to worry as much. Also if you have a lap top you can take it with you and download your pictures each night.

You can find 2GB cards cheap online now. I have a 6.4megapixel camera and a 2 GB card stores roughly 670 pictures at full quality.

I plan to take two 2 GB cards, however, because our camera takes really good video clips and those eat up space.

Matt

When we went in May, the first time for my hubby and kids. My daughter took 652 with our digital, and I took 15 rolls (24 exp) with our regular camera.....I too was worried that I would not have enough memory, so I figured whatever my daughter might miss I wouldn't.....now it's time to go through 1000+ pictures for my scrapbook.

I took about 1200 pictures... I had to take my laptop to upload them all on...

I usually dont keep track but I kow my digital holds a little more then 800 pictures. I have gone to WDW so much I have a zillion pictures, this is my first trip to DL so I will be taking a zillion especially because I am going at Christmas time :thumbsup2

I used to take rolls and rolls of pictures on vacation. I'm talking like 5 - 10 per trip! Since getting a digital camera for Christmas last year, I have found I take even more pictures than before. And we haven't even been on a vacation with it yet!

This will be our first trip to DL, so to be on the safe side, we'll be taking an extra memory card and a laptop, and offloading pictures each night or two. (Well, that's not the only reason I'm bringing the laptop...) ;)

We took 2100 + pics using 2 digital camera's over an 8 day vacation including travel. I downloaded the pics to my laptop each nite then burned a cd. Just my level of paranoia. If you do not have a device to download to then I would use smaller memory cards so all the peas are not in one pod.

Jack pirate:

autumnbaby9 said:
I have always taken 300+ photos on my Disney Vacations. I would invest in the biggest memory card you can afford (I would do at least a 512 mb)

I just bought a 2GB CF for less than $50 delivered. That'll hold over 800 with my 10D. I'll bet theres even better deals too.

On each trip to DL/DCA I take about 200+ pics with my digi cam. I make sure to bring extra batteries too! It's too expensive to buy them in the park. :thumbsup2

Thanks, yeah im paranoid cause I am a camera freak, my hobby is photography. I can see myself taking SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many pics. My digi cam holds up to 840 pics but im hoping thats enough cause.....

My name is Mystic path and I have a photoholic addiction :rotfl:

Gosh I feel better about how many I take now, seeing I'm not alone! My DH calls me the crazy picture lady. Always having my son pose in front of everything. LOL

This year I didn't actually take too many. The heat really hampered everything on that trip it was so bad. But I'd say around 200, but we were only there 4 days so.. Last year we were there a week and it was around 350 I'd say.

We're going in mid-Dec with our 2 girls (2yr and 3yr) and I'm taking both my 1G and 2G memory cards :teeth: But, I'm a photo geek :smooth:

I usually take about 50 every day, but im camera crazy and I use it to tell time as I dont bring my phone on vacation, so often I'll take a pic of something just to see the time stamp pop up after :P.

As for bringing a film camera, why!??! If you have digital you'll be so saddened by the film one, just get an extra card, 2gb is like 60 dollars now. That'd hold.... over 1000 pics im sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter