How many non SSR owners are dying to stay there?

We have no interest in staying there.

:wave:

Beca

We have stayed in several of the DVC Resorts. All have appeal, are highly themed and great places to stay.

After staying at Saratoga Springs in September I am hoping to get a June reservation. The views are great, the walk to Downtown Disney is relaxing and the facilities are welcoming.

It is a big resort but if you dont mind some excersize to get that ice cream cone its really a nice choice. Plus if you wanta great health club this is the place to stay.

I think each of us will find a resort or two that really have appeal for us. There are many Saratoga Springs desenters on these boards but I am not one of them. I want to go back and will.

It cant hurt to try it once and see what you think.

:)

The middle of the pool is deeper than what is posted on the side. I am 5'2 and it gets quite high when I go in the middle. (not sure how deep) I acually commented to my husband on how that can be dangerous for kids because of the gradual slope down and not being marked. In fact, when I was there the lifegaurd had to jump in and save a kid from the middle.

We own our original contract at VWL and wouldn't trade it for the world, however, we added on at SSR last spring during the bonus 100 pt incentive program. DH and I had seen SSR during the initial opening 5/04 and had mixed feelings about it during the early construction phase, but, when we were there 1/05 we took a leisurely walk through and decided we liked it enough to add on there. We stayed for the first time this past May and had
a studio in the middle Springs building on second floor right in the middle and had a beautiful evening view of the lake and a fountain. The location was perfect. We were close enough to the main pool, spa, and lobby area. I loved the fact we could park the car right outside the building. We're staying there again in a few weeks in a 1 bedroom with our two DS's, so we'll see how they like it. I'm guessing they won't be as pleased as we were only because they both love VWL and would rather stay there for EVERY visit.
However, I personally think each resort has something. I love BWV also for the proximity to Epcot and MGM, but, don't like the fact the parking is so far removed from the entrance. Personally, I don't like to valet park all the time and it does become a pain to walk to that lot all the time. So, I think where you stay really depends on your plans for that particular vacation. We also have never had a problem getting accommodations where we want to stay. Although I will say we tend to travel during non-peak travel times. We don't usually travel Christmas week, Easter, spring break, etc. We're planning to go to the Epcot F & W Festival 10/06 and I am planning to make ressies next week to ensure we get them. I think I'll make them for SSR or VWL and then at 7 month window try for BWV and if I can't get anything at least I have my choice at one of my home resorts.

Not members at SSR, but stayed there recently and LOVED it, anyone that owns there is very lucky. We loved the views, the staff are great and the pools are very fun, even the quiet pools, what a great view from the Congress Park quiet pool! I also don't want to fuel any debate, but I also believe that the middle of the main pool was much deeper than the posted depth at the edges, I had to carry my children through the middle of the pool as it was much deeper than it looked, I would believe it to be at least 4.5 feet deep and possibly deeper, just my recollection and that was during 5 days of swimming in that pool, so hope that helps.

Donald's#1Fan said:
I also don't want to fuel any debate, but I also believe that the middle of the main pool was much deeper than the posted depth at the edges, I had to carry my children through the middle of the pool as it was much deeper than it looked, I would believe it to be at least 4.5 feet deep and possibly deeper, just my recollection and that was during 5 days of swimming in that pool, so hope that helps.
It must be a pretty small area since I was specifically trying to figure out how deep it was. I did walk around the edges, which are shallower. I also tried swimming in the middle, but hit my feet whle swimming before going very far.
It also must be quite a steep dropoff since all the markings along the sides indicate much shallower water. If it is that deep, there is nothing I could see that would tip off parents, so be careful if your kids are in there so they know where it drops off.

Well my wife and I were not impressed with SS way to large ,the themed pool was very small we were suprised that it wasn't large like BCV pool SAB ,and only a food court we had a sandwitch was OK ,earl of sandwitch was much better and cheaper faster service.I know down town disney is close but not close enough,so we will continue to stay at the BWV

I'm a VWL owner but staying at SSR in December. Didn't want to stay there at first, as I've never even seen it and love VWL, but after reading the great reviews on this board I'm excited about staying there. It sounds so nice and peaceful, and peaceful is very important to me when I'm staying at WDW, after a busy day at the parks.

Cinderella said:
I'm a VWL owner but staying at SSR in December. Didn't want to stay there at first, as I've never even seen it and love VWL, but after reading the great reviews on this board I'm excited about staying there. It sounds so nice and peaceful, and peaceful is very important to me when I'm staying at WDW, after a busy day at the parks.

I think you will be very pleased. We love the beautiful grounds and lovely furnishings in the villas. It is definitely the quietest resort I have ever stayed in. During our stay the resort was sold out and we had a first floor room and we never heard anyone coming, going, or above us.

Be sure to try the brownies at Artist's Palette, they are wonderful.

We stayed in a studio for a few days last fall before our OKW GV ressie. The resort is very quiet and nicely appointed, but wasn't my cup of tea. I disliked the doors and dressing area. Just not convenient at all. That is the complaint I have about many of the non-OKW DVCs. I also thought it was supposed to be billed as "park outside your door" like OKW, but didn't feel like we truly were "outside our door". Having the elevator was nice though!

We can't wait to stay at SSR we love the location to DTD just like we love BWV for that location we will never stay at BCV just no interest for our family we won't ever stay at VWL again either again not our cup of tea. The only reason we stay at OKW is for the cheap per nite points other than that there is no appeal at that DVC resort either.

We stayed at the BWV's several times and loved them!!!!We are happy owners at the BCV's and never seem to want to leave BUT I would like to stay at SSR someday. We all thought it was beautiful when we toured. This hopefully will be in our near future! :earboy2: :Pinkbounc :cloud9:

We've stayed at SSR twice - last week in a studio and in August 2004 in a one-bedroom. It is a lovely resort - beautifully landscaped. We own at OKW and love it, but we wanted to have a studio this time with a couch, so we went back to SSR. The restaurant area seems to offer more choices than it did early on (with a nice discount for members at lunch and dinner) and the pool area is nice. I haven't yet checked out the spa - someday! It is a very large resort and I think a car would come in very handy. Cast members were very accommodating. It is nice to be so close to DTD. I would like to see more dining options on-site and I think they are moving towards that.

The other members of my family have less favorable opinions of SSR and I'm not sure why. We are certainly extremely happy with OKW, but it is nice to have options when OKW is booked. We've tried BCV and BWV with mixed results. DS and DD love the Boardwalk "action" and of course Stormalong Bay is a major attraction in itself. DH and I like things a little quieter, so OKW (and SSR on occasion) suit us better. We will check out Vero Beach and HH someday - hurricanes keep getting in the way! :sad1:

I have already stayed there and will stay there again. I love the short bus ride home from PI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter