How many minutes of FHD 1920x1080 video can be stored on a 64GB micro USB flash drive?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
I'm thinking about vlogging with my phone and was considering buying a micro USB flash drive to move videos to to save SD storage on my phone instead of buying numerous micro SD cards that are not as easy to swap in and out.
How many minutes of video could I store on say a 64GB micro USB flash drive?

There's not a good answer, as depending on the phone and settings, somewhere between 6 minutes and 60 hours.

But, if you're serious about video, 64 GB isn't big at all. The vloggers I know have cards at 256 GB or more usually, with their smallest cards being 128 GB. As a stills guy, I use 64 GB cards, which also partially has to do with how the cards handle high speed photo vs video transfer as the different capacities have differing flash arrangements. And I may be showing my age, but a 512 GB card is super cheap nowadays. :)

There's not a good answer, as depending on the phone and settings, somewhere between 6 minutes and 60 hours.

But, if you're serious about video, 64 GB isn't big at all. The vloggers I know have cards at 256 GB or more usually, with their smallest cards being 128 GB. As a stills guy, I use 64 GB cards, which also partially has to do with how the cards handle high speed photo vs video transfer as the different capacities have differing flash arrangements. And I may be showing my age, but a 512 GB card is super cheap nowadays. :)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.
I know nothing about settings.
I just know it shoots FHD 1920x1080 as that is what it says in the settings.
I have just heard that sometimes phones cannot handle such big GB.
I don't plan to walk around all day filming because that is not me. More just like little videos here and there.
I also don't plan on saving all of my videos I planned to move them from the phone to the flash drive and then upload them to youtube and delete.
I'm basically looking for something that could store a couple hours worth of video .

What you're recording will play into the file size... Shoot at night with a lot of black and the files will be smaller than shooting outside during the day in full sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!