How many minutes before FOP do I take Dramamine

Try bonine the night before then the morning of so it can get in your system and it should be fine. I have a very low tolerance for those kind of drugs and even the non-drowsy dramamine makes me sleepy but I take Bonine when I'm diving and have no problems with it and don't get sea sick even with 6 foot seas and a small boat. The trick is to make sure you take it the night before so it has time to get into your system. If you just take the day of, it's not going to work as well.

When do you usually take it before a flight? or whenever you need to use it for other activities?
Everyone is different.
I take one Bonine every morning ... so probably an hour or so before my first ride of the day. It usually will be good for me well into the evening.
But I will also bring it into the park so I can take another after getting off of a ride if I feel I need it.

OP, i’d practice with it ahead of time.

I have a very low tolerance for those kind of drugs and even the non-drowsy dramamine makes me sleepy but I take Bonine when I'm diving and have no problems with it and don't get sea sick even with 6 foot seas and a small boat.

See that’s just confusing, because less-drowsy Dramamine (their “non drowsy” formula is just ginger) and Bonnie are both meclizine. Same active ingredient. Same 25mg.

Regular Dramamine is dimenhydrinate.

I take my Bonine first thing in the morning, as early as I can so it has a chance to get into my system before I go on any rides.

I also prefer Bonine over Dramamine just for the fatigue, but everyone is different! I usually start taking it a day or two before whatever is likely to make me feel sick (usually car rides). I'm actually taking the patch that goes behind your ear with me because my motion sickness after a few days of rides would probably sideline me for the rest of our trip!

I agree to a test run before you go. I love less-drowsy Dramamine, doesn't make me sleepy at all. My husband, however, took Bonine once and was catatonic for hours. Same drug, as far as I know, very different reactions.

OP, i’d practice with it ahead of time.

See that’s just confusing, because less-drowsy Dramamine (their “non drowsy” formula is just ginger) and Bonnie are both meclizine. Same active ingredient. Same 25mg.

Regular Dramamine is dimenhydrinate.

Yep, I have a weird body. Night time cold drugs wire me up and I can't sleep, non-drowsy drugs tend to put me to sleep. Coffee makes me sleepy if I drink it at night. Can't take anything with codene in it either, try having major surgery with nothing but prescription tylenol and the lowest dose of anesthesia possible. Non drowsy Dramamine puts me right to sleep almost immediately. I can take Bonine and go down to over 100 feet and not feel a thing except no sea sickness. I take it every morning on week long dive trips.

Another Bonine user here, so I just take it once every 24 hours. The generic is Meclizine, it's very inexpensive at Walgreens CVS, etc. It does make me drowsy so I just order a couple of ginormous coffee drinks at Starbucks and I'm good.

I take bonine right at bed time because it makes me drowsy, but still continues to work for 24 hours. So at night is perfect for me because it helps me sleep, but is also still working when I wake up and lasts all day!

Is this really needed for the ride? Soaring never bothers me.

Mission space orange on the other hand....

I think that it needs at least an hour to get into your system. I take a second one for FOP and Forbidden Journey at Universal.
Those two rides give me the most nausea.
The pill has 25 mg and the starting dose is 25-50 mg with a maximum dose of 100 mg in 24 hours (but that would make me sleepy). I like the chewable Bonine. I have used scopolamine patches but they prevent your pupils from constricting so coming from dark into light is blinding and they require a prescription.

I take bonine right at bed time because it makes me drowsy, but still continues to work for 24 hours. So at night is perfect for me because it helps me sleep, but is also still working when I wake up and lasts all day!

Completely agree with this. Take at night. Take for several days. The motion sickness effects last, but the drowsy becomes less, for me, anyhow.

I love the patch!

I have a real motion sickness problem can't even turn my head around in the car but with the patch was able to ride all the rides at Universal last year and this year and then FoP on day three this year.

I have not had any problems using it like other poster mentioned about pupils. Yes it is prescription. I have not kept the patch on any longer than three days.

If you get motion sick yes you will need something to enjoy FoP.

I'm going to take meclizine (dramamine version) before I enter the park. I don't know if FOP will bother me but I want to be sure not to ruin my park day. I don't have trouble with Soarin but TeaCups , MS, ST... yikes!

I took regular (non non-drowsy) Dramamine one hour before each time I rode (we rode twice). The first time I had no issues whatsoever, but I was careful to follow the flight path of the banshee with my eyes. The second time I got a little bolder and tried to look around at the scenery a little more and did get a bit nauseous (unpleasant but manageable and gone within 5-10 minutes), so next time I'll go back to just looking straight ahead!

Good luck! I hope you're able to ride with no problems. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!