How many have used Points for non-DVC WDW resorts?

How many Members have used points to book at non-DVC WDW resprts?

• Never have, never will

• Nevr have, but keeping the possibility open for the future

• Have in the past, but will not in the future

• Have in the past, but not anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
Related to the new $95 fee for using points at non-DVC WDW resorts, I was wondering how many members had taken advantage of this flexibility in the past...

I myself have not done it after 10 years of ownership because I never saw it as cost effective, and will not in the future due to the added, unnecessary fee.

I haven't used my points for anything but DVC villa reservations, but I wouldn't say NEVER for the future. Who knows what other options might arise?

My guess is we won't use the membership outside of DVC villas but then again, they just might come up with something that makes it worthwhile to try.

Never say never. :)

We used points to stay at GF for our honeymoon--something different and "special" but we regretted it. Now I definitely wouldn't do it with the larger point cost AND a $95 fee.

Well sorry I couldn't vote due to the lack of options.:confused3

I have in the past and more than likely will in the future.:thumbsup2

We have used the option to extend stays, when our resort BWV is sold out. So, I have found it very useful, we were always able to get something at a moderate. This new fee however, most likely we won't be doning that anymore.

No option for "have in the past and will in the future."

We have exchanged quite a few times and will continue to do so. Have stayed in some very nice places that we otherwise would not have been able to do.

Have used distressed points for AKL and YC visits. Probably would not use them with the new fee and because we generally can get better cash rates at the those resorts.

Never have. Have no current plans to. But who knows about the future?

Due to some changes in reservations I found myself with 20 points that there was no way I was going to use before the use year (they were borrowed points as well, so no banking) - I tried to add a night to our existing reservation but everything was booked. I ended up booking our first night at POR, we previously had the first night cash at POP, but I figured either let them go to waste or use another 9 points for the POR res, and save the $ on the POP one.

I will obviously plan better in the future, I am not going to pay the $95 fee for a one night stay, and I can't imagine using my points for anything other than DVC for longer stays. Gotta love the 1 and 2 BRs.

Related to the new $95 fee for using points at non-DVC WDW resorts, I was wondering how many members had taken advantage of this flexibility in the past...

I myself have not done it after 10 years of ownership because I never saw it as cost effective, and will not in the future due to the added, unnecessary fee.

We've used them for the Concierge collection and always had lovely stays so I would be inclined to do so again. That wasn't an option so I didn't vote.

well when you could get the WDW deluxe resorts with 22 points - I did it several times.

but when they made the same resort (and same rooms) over 30 points in some cases over 40 points - sorry don't have that many points.

What is the difference between the last two options:
Am I missing a subtlety?

What is the difference between the last two options:
Am I missing a subtlety?

I was thinking the same thing, but I suspect some considered "not anymore" to be present and not future.:confused3 SOund the same to me.

Used points for a stay at the DLH. Wouldn't have used points except that DVC reduced them for the time we planned to visit and using the points was a better value than cash. (In other words, even if I rented the points for cash, I would have not gotten enough $$ to pay for the rooms and that didn't even consider my time or risk).

I most likely will not use points for anything outside of DVC resorts in the future, but don't want to say "never".

I think that they want to many points too start with, not counting the $95.00 fee. They must think that we don't place a $ value on our points. :confused3 As of now, I have not used points to stay outside of DVC resorts and don't plan on doing so.

I was thinking the same thing, but I suspect some considered "not anymore" to be present and not future.:confused3 SOund the same to me.

I do apologize for not previewing my poll before posting it...

The final choice should have been "Have in the past, and might again in the future" but I was rushing to finish as my family wited in the car to go to DS's Kindergarten Orientation.

Again my apologies for the oversight.

Should I try reposting another poll with more accurate choices?
How do I close/delete the current thread? :confused:

We've used points to stay at POR before, and one trip that we could not get anything at short notice in a DVC resort so we took a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. Certainly not going to do it again, at $95 a pop!!:scared1:

I do apologize for not previewing my poll before posting it...

The final choice should have been "Have in the past, and might again in the future" but I was rushing to finish as my family wited in the car to go to DS's Kindergarten Orientation.

Again my apologies for the oversight.

Should I try reposting another poll with more accurate choices?
How do I close/delete the current thread? :confused:

No need to close it, just edit the selections :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter