How many days for Magic Kingdom only—

+1 for 2 days. If you arrive at rope drop and stay until closing, you'll have ample time. You can even have a nap during the day.

Could you fill 3 days at MK? Easily. Do you absolutely need 3 days to see most of it? Not really. I think you could get away with 2 full days. If you were on a longer trip (week or more) then 3 days at MK would be a no brainer, but for a trip of your length, I would go with 2 MK, 2 EP and 1 each at DHS and AK. The other option I would consider is leave your 3 MK, 1 EP, 1 DHS and 1 AK, but add a hopper and then you can cover off EP during a couple of evenings. Great dining options there and you could tour WS over 2 evenings instead of an entire day.

I say 3 days for Magic Kingdom. We usually do 3 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 2 days at Hollywood, 1 day at Animal Kingdom and 1 shopping day (I resort hop on that day). Of course we only go every 3 years or so.

Could you clarify what you mean by "do all"? Do mean ride all the rides? Do mean see all the shows/parades/FWs? Do mean go into every shop? In my opinion, it would be close to impossible to do all. We have been going for over 30 years and there are still things we have not seen and done at every single park. The time of year you are going is going to be crowded, might possibly be the most crowded time of year.

The "we usually do..." responses, while insightful, don't necessarily get to the heart of the question. The question wasn't: "What do you Disney lifers who go year after year do?" The question is, "what should the OP, who has never been before and who may never go back" do. Changing the focus of the question may not change your answer. But just keep in mind that the touring strategies of annual visitors can be very different.
I think you're making assumptions about all the people on the forums. I've only been to Disney 3 times, and once was mainly for a race. I'm not a Disney lifer and I only tend to go about every 5 years or so (not counting the race). I only come on these forums if I'm planning a trip.

I would plan for 2 days at MK, 1 at the other parks and leave your last park day open. You might find that you really enjoyed another park and want to return or hop to MK for half day and hit another in the afternoon. You will never "do it all" especially that time of year with the crowds.

I agree with previous posters, 2 very full days to get to much of MK attractions, but not all. We like doing 3 for MK to slow the pace, and up the enjoyment. More opportunity to be spontaneous and enjoy another ride on SM if we want. And we always do...

Ideal in my opinion is 2 1/2 -3 days in MK, 2 days EP, 1 day HS, 1 1/2 day AK . MK has such a beautiful appeal that you can really find yourself mesmerized, especially if you haven't seen it at the holidays. Just makes you "happy". If you have stamina, you can do Epcot in one day, but I think that would get to me. I like Test Track & Soarin, enjoy The Land, and then stopping in every country of world showcase to browse, sip, and nibble. lol That really takes more than one day. HS is doable in one day. AK can be tiring - don't think you can see all you want in only 1 day.

2-3 days depending on crowds, how long you spend in the park each day, and how many attractions you want to do.

2 Day Sample Plan

Day 1

Tomorrowland --
Buzz Lightyear (RD), Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain (FP+), PeopleMover
Fantasyland -- Little Mermaid, 7DMT (FP+), Lunch at BOG (ADR), Peter Pan (FP+), PhilharMagic, Small World

Day 2

Frontierland -- Splash Mountain (FP+), Thunder Mountain (FP+)
Adventureland -- Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean (FP+)
Liberty Square -- Lunch at LTT (ADR), Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion

I prefer 7 days for my total trip, at least. I am a vet but my DH's first trip in 35 years was this past June. We had scheduled 2.5 MK, 1.5 Epcot, 1.5 DHS, 1.5 AK. We ended up with 3 MK and only 1 AK (plus the 1.5 each in the other parks) because my DH decided mid-trip that he preferred more time in MK than AK, and my boys and I were fine with it.

Last edited:
We did our first trip as a family a few years ago - me, my DH, two 10 year old (at the time) daughters, and my mom. We thought we would go to Disney World once and this was it, so we planned like we would never go again. We did 3 days at Magic Kingdom, 1 1/2 at Epcot, 1 at Hollywood Studios, and 1 at Animal Kingdom. I think the 3 days at Magic Kingdom was great. We had 2 days to see everything then the third day to go back to things that we really liked.

I would do 2 days at MK, 1 day at each of the others - but keep your last day. You will want to go back to either Epcot or MK depending on your tastes. The other 2 you can complete in a full day. I end up switching between MK and Epcot for an extra day depending on my mood - I love the Epcot festivals and sometimes want more time to enjoy those and sometimes I want more of the MK classic rides. As you have never been - definitely keep the day as there will be more to do and this will let you have a spontaneous day!

IMHO 2 days is sufficient for MK.. Epcot is also worth 2 days so you can see and enjoy each country and both FW and WC. On the other hand, DHS and AK can be done in 1 day each..

I would agree with the majority above. If you are not going with any young children, 2 MK, 2 Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter