How many days for Magic Kingdom only—

Lasekeye

Earning My Ears
We are getting ready to book everything and want your input on how many days. We are wanting to see all/ do all (pretty much), as we prob won’t be back.
We are planning 3 days for MK....and 1 day each for the other 3 parks (not doing water parks). Travelling the first week of Dec 2018 to see the Christmas Holiday decorations and such. We are mid 50’s, staying at Disney all Sports resort then going on a Cruise while in this part of the USA.

So.....would we need 3 days or 2 for MK? Trying to watch our budget as much as possible.
Thanks in advance.

In my opinion you can get MK done comfortably in 2 days with proper use of FP and Rope Drop

You can see all and do all in two days. But that would be two very full days without much time to take in the sounds, smells and sights of the MK that make it so special. To truly do and see everything and also have the chance to "stop and smell the roses" (and look at the Main Street windows and the holiday decorations), I would opt for 3. But make no mistake. It can be done in 2.

We will try to use MK on the early/late hours days provided by staying on-site, but I know Hubby will poop out. I guess I will let him decide...

We usually do everything we want to at MK in 2 days. Then 2 days at Epcot. 1 each at AK and HS.

Two full days for MK and then another Two full for Epcot. I could personally spend two in AK, but that's because I like to move really slow there and watch the animals for awhile.

We do 2 days at MK, but it generally only takes us 1.5. The second half of the second day is redoing stuff (even though we've likely ridden the favorite rides more than once already), and wandering around. We may leave early and hang at the resort too. But, we also only go during slow times. December is a busier time, so your two days would be fuller than my two days.

We do not like to go commando style so we will FP 9 rides on 3 separate days, mix in parades, shows, fireworks... we also dine in the parks at table service which takes time and do a lot of meet and greets which take a lot of time. We park hop as well so usually spend no more than 8 hours on any given at MK. We leave mid day when it gets really crowded.

I think you are selling Epcot short at only one day ... but then it is one of my favorites. AK, even with FOP is definitely a day and right now HS is a day max.

I'm not in any hurry to get through with the MK. In my opinion, it's the heart and soul of WDW and well worth spending extra time there. With your schedule, I would be doing 3 MK days plus 1 day in each of the other parks. But we love to linger, see the parade and fireworks and meet lots of characters. It's also great to have time to slow down and take in all the details.

The "we usually do..." responses, while insightful, don't necessarily get to the heart of the question. The question wasn't: "What do you Disney lifers who go year after year do?" The question is, "what should the OP, who has never been before and who may never go back" do. Changing the focus of the question may not change your answer. But just keep in mind that the touring strategies of annual visitors can be very different.

I'd say 2 at MK and 2 at Epcot. You'll likely enjoy World Showcase and want to spend considerable time there.

That's a good week to visit WDW. The crowds shouldn't be too bad.

What's your group composition? With really little kids/toddlers, I would say to devote as much time as possible. If it's all teens and adults, a day is plenty. Oops, if it's just two 50-year olds, I think a day is enough. Epcot and AK will probably need more time.

We do 4 days in MK. Then and only then do we feel like we got the most out of it. We are skipping Hollywood this time and doing one day in AK & Epcot.

The "we usually do..." responses, while insightful, don't necessarily get to the heart of the question. The question wasn't: "What do you Disney lifers who go year after year do?" The question is, "what should the OP, who has never been before and who may never go back" do. Changing the focus of the question may not change your answer. But just keep in mind that the touring strategies of annual visitors can be very different.

I disagree. For anyone I know who is going FOR THE FIRST TIME I recommend the same thing (as of right now*): 2 MK 2 Epcot 1AK and 1HS.

*As lands open my recommendations might change.

I disagree. For anyone I know who is going FOR THE FIRST TIME I recommend the same thing (as of right now*): 2 MK 2 Epcot 1AK and 1HS.

*As lands open my recommendations might change.
You aren’t disagreeing. Read it again. I clearly said that: “Changing the focus of the question may not change your answer”. Turns out to be true in your instance.

We have been to Disney World 10 times now, and still spend 4 or 5 days in MK every trip.

I would say, if you are motivated, and go from open to close, you could probably do most everything in 2 days. If you go at a bit slower pace, or don't stay from open to close, then you would probably need 3 days.

If you opt for 2 days, then I would say you should consider spending that extra day at EP, as you may find that it takes more than 1 day to really do EP. We typically pick one side of Future World to do each day there, so say day one we go to the Right side of Future World, and do the Seas, Land, and Imagination pavilions, before going into World Showcase for the afternoon. Then, the next day we go to the Left side of Future World, and do Test Track, and Mission Space (and Universe of Energy . . . oh, wait, guess we can't do that anymore) plus Spaceship Earth, and then move onto World Showcase.

I think the 2 day approach works very well for Epcot, if you don't decide that you want 3 days in MK.

During Christmas season - right now I'd have to agree with the 2 MK - 2 EP - 1 AK - 1 HS responses. Now if you arrive on a MVMCP day, you could consider doing that as well.

We are getting ready to book everything and want your input on how many days. We are wanting to see all/ do all (pretty much), as we prob won’t be back.

Sounds like something I might have said back in the late 90s before our first trip to WDW.

Since you say this will be your last trip, I would strongly consider adding more days, if at all possible.

Also, I would allocate at least two days for Animal Kingdom, which is now a full day park thanks to Pandora and the nighttime events. You can only book FPs for one Pandora ride per day. And, in my opinion, it's a must to explore the land itself in both daytime and nighttime.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter