How many days for Epcot during Food & Wine?

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip down during Food & Wine this year, and am trying to work out how many days I need total for my trip in order to fit everything in, so I can start narrowing down dates. While I have most of the trip pretty well down or can wing most of it, with F&W being the focal point, I was wondering how many days you would suggest for Epcot. I am trying to decide between two or three days out of the total trip time.

I’d pick three days over two days.

I know it's a huge park, and was already planning to add a day or two to my ticket overall(even though I still have a day to allocate within the six day ticket I have). Once I have Epcot worked out, the rest should be pretty easy to do.

I know it's a huge park, and was already planning to add a day or two to my ticket overall(even though I still have a day to allocate within the six day ticket I have). Once I have Epcot worked out, the rest should be pretty easy to do.
Do you have park hopper? I feel like I’d end up there every day at some point with park hopper.

Do you have park hopper? I feel like I’d end up there every day at some point with park hopper.

Not currently, but it certainly isn't out of the question. I will be making my first visits to MK and AK on this trip though, and plan to dedicate a full day to Hollywood Studios(due to the additional activities for Pixar's birthday bash).

I guess it depends on your goal. Food booths? Seminars/demonstrations/shows? Rides in Epcot?

We went in September with a couple that we're good friends with, and we were able to hit nearly all of the food booths in a single day. We shared something between the 4 of us so we all got a taste but never got overstuffed. We also rode a few rides (got on FEA, had to hop on Gran Fiesta once as my friend had never been on it) but the food was our focus. We started at noon and finished our last shared plate about 20 minutes before IllumiNations. It's definitely something you could do in a day and a half based on how you prioritize, but if the goal is as much of EVERYTHING as possible, take the 3rd day. You get a passport to sticker the booths you visit during F&W, and could easily plan to mix up rides and food booths over the course of 3 days and keep track so you don't double up unless you REALLY want to :)

I guess it depends on your goal. Food booths? Seminars/demonstrations/shows? Rides in Epcot?

We went in September with a couple that we're good friends with, and we were able to hit nearly all of the food booths in a single day. We shared something between the 4 of us so we all got a taste but never got overstuffed. We also rode a few rides (got on FEA, had to hop on Gran Fiesta once as my friend had never been on it) but the food was our focus. We started at noon and finished our last shared plate about 20 minutes before IllumiNations. It's definitely something you could do in a day and a half based on how you prioritize, but if the goal is as much of EVERYTHING as possible, take the 3rd day. You get a passport to sticker the booths you visit during F&W, and could easily plan to mix up rides and food booths over the course of 3 days and keep track so you don't double up unless you REALLY want to :)

In my case, it is a solo trip, so I won't really be able to share(a blessing and a curse). I haven't fully gotten to do Epcot yet, so I was going to mix food, shopping, entertainment, drinking(it will be 90 degree weather so ducking in for a drink here and there will be a good way to cool off), and rides. I am planning on using the DDP(ticketless package), so that will help with the booths. After this trip, if all goes well, I will be right next to Disneyland and won't make it back to the east coast for at least a couple years(I am planing on applying to police departments in the SoCal region, and training and probation together takes a year and a half), so will have to get my Disney fix out there. At least I will be able to have one big hurrah before I head west.

EPCOT is a really big place and F&W Festival is my favorite event all year at WDW. One year I was at WL 11 nights and sure with park hopper I went to EPCOT some part of at least 8 days. I love the food kiosks--I love the small portion/many bites aspect of it. Last October I was there for 6 nights and went 3 since no park hopper. So my recommendation is 3 days. I'm sure it will be great even if u only get to do 2.

EPCOT is a really big place and F&W Festival is my favorite event all year at WDW. One year I was at WL 11 nights and sure with park hopper I went to EPCOT some part of at least 8 days. I love the food kiosks--I love the small portion/many bites aspect of it. Last October I was there for 6 nights and went 3 since no park hopper. So my recommendation is 3 days. I'm sure it will be great even if u only get to do 2.

Well aware of the size of the park(having visited last April), and ended up picking three days, and with my day off property, I am looking at having a few extra table service credits once I have a dining plan added on. Just wasn't sure how many days I would need for the festival at first.

Personally I'd highly encourage the park hopper option. If you're focusing on food and wine then you want to hit the booths. Booths don't open until I believe 11am, which means you've got 2/3 hrs each morning if you're not park hopping. If you do park hopping you can easily hit the must do rides at other parks, and then come over and enjoy lunch and do Epcot. If you're doing a meal plan you should account accordingly, I'd probably recommend that for dinner as the booths get more and more crowded as the day goes on.

Well aware of the size of the park(having visited last April), and ended up picking three days, and with my day off property, I am looking at having a few extra table service credits once I have a dining plan added on. Just wasn't sure how many days I would need for the festival at first.
I'll be honest, if you want to get a dining plan, you would be better off with the quick service plan. You can get 3 food items at a booth for one quick service credit and of course you can use the snacks for either. I personally wouldn't get a dining plan and would pay OOP. If you want to budget it, then get a gift card or pre-paid visa to buy food with. That's what I did

I'll be honest, if you want to get a dining plan, you would be better off with the quick service plan. You can get 3 food items at a booth for one quick service credit and of course you can use the snacks for either. I personally wouldn't get a dining plan and would pay OOP. If you want to budget it, then get a gift card or pre-paid visa to buy food with. That's what I did

I am well aware of the conversion, and will have four days out of the eleven I am not using a quick service meal at all(three are in Epcot, the other is an off property), and also plan to hoard my snack credits for the booths. However, I do want some table service meals during my stay, and this helps me budget, though I am considering putting the money on my gift card instead. I haven't fully decided yet, but am forcing myself to think about it as if I have a dining plan so I can get an idea on my ADRs. It is still a month before my ADRs open up though, so I have time.

If you like the seminars, they have a couple of food and a couple of drink ones every day. Sign up in advance, especially for the celebrity chefs. They are interesting, if you like that sort of thing. I go to several different seminars and events during my stay and so I am at Epcot most days of my trip at one point or another. If you are just doing the food booths, then 2 days would be enough.

I agree with those who have suggested the park hopper. I'd think in terms of 6 half days at Epcot rather than three full days. You should also look at last year's F&W info to check out the special events -- I've done the Italian Regional Lunch and some other things and they are all top notch, though too many of them can get pricey. The food and beverage seminars in the festival center are a great way to cool off and rest during the day.

Another vote for getting the park hopper, it gives you so much more flexibility with your schedule. Also if you can, I'd stay away on Friday & Saturday night's. It's much more crowded with a lot of locals.

I did four days. I love Epcot and I enjoyed the food and wine festival. The foods were great and I think it is one of the best times I ever had at Disney. One word of advice, skip weekends if you can. They were crazy crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter