How long will Lego Land Take???

PrincessAbby'sMom

DIS Veteran
If we were to fly into San Diego around 9:30, get our bags, get our rental car & drive to Lego Land (11:30 - noonish) would 5 hours give us enough time to see it? 2 grandparents, 2 parents & a 7 year old girl.
Or any other suggestions for the day :confused3 - I hate to just waste it.:rolleyes1

It only took uss about 4 hours to do it. Of course we were exauhsted at this point in our trip, and the kids spent most of the time at the water park. Bring a swimsuit, because that was the funnest part of the whole park!

I've taken 2 9-year-old girls and an 8-year-old boy in the summer and stayed till it closed and still didn't do everything. But we tend to take our time and they spent quite a bit of time in the water play area. They have a much larger one now than before.

We have always found that we needed at least 1 full day, or 2 regular days (of 6-8 hours) to do it all if the kids are small. Part of the joy of Legoland is that there are sections where the kids can just decompress and play in water, etc. Also, we love taking our time through the area of the park that has cities made of legos.

Where was it moved to??? Sorry it wasn't where it was supposed to go - I have posted other questions about Lego Land here w/no problem. Where should I be posting them?? Please help - I know the basics on this site & thats about it.....
Thanks again!

MY Ds's are 3 & 1 and we spend literally whole days here without seeing more than 2-3 rides as the play areas are so unique, clean, and enjoyable for them both, regardless of the time of year. If your child is into the rides, this window should suffice, however there is no fast-pass system in-play at Legoland, so the lines are the lines.

Also, keep in mind the park is fairly well visited on weekdays by locals that use it as a de facto park for their children. Lifetime membership for local residents is a rather good deal.

We were there just this past Thursday (Feb 8th). We got there just after the park had opened and we did all the rides except the ones that were closed and one other one. We didn't do any of the building or such but by the end of the day at about 4:30 I was bored with the rides. The kids had their favorite and we did them over and over again since there was no line ups at all. My boys are 4 and 6 and they loved it. Our weather was cold so the waterpark area was closed down so if that would of been opened then maybe it would of been different I don't know. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

In that amount of time. You may not see and do everything, but 5 hours at Legoland is better than none!! We love that park. My ds went when he was 11 and we spent about 7 hours and he built models, played mini golf, took pictures of everything and did most of the rides. We were all ready to leave at closing.

We stayed right next to the park at Grand Pacific Palisades and had nice meals at the Karl Strauss Brewery there.

The ocean is close by in Carlsbad and even an hour there after the park would be fun.

Have fun.

A few hours is better than not at all :cool1: You won't get to do everything but after you get into the park take a minute while you're standing in line and look at the map and pick out the areas you really want to do. My 7 year old granddaughter LOVED driving the cars in the Volvo town and she did it 4 times but had to give up other things - miniature golf, etc. :hourglass Do what you really want to do and then if there's time do the other - ENJOY! :wave2:

If we were to fly into San Diego around 9:30, get our bags, get our rental car & drive to Lego Land (11:30 - noonish) would 5 hours give us enough time to see it? 2 grandparents, 2 parents & a 7 year old girl.
Or any other suggestions for the day :confused3 - I hate to just waste it.:rolleyes1

I think you can do Legoland in 5 hours. I agree with prevous posters that you should make a plan on the things your DD might want to do most. I know my GK's want to drive the cars first and foremost. If you go to the website, you can plan your visit and download the Legoland brochure.

Here is the Legoland website to help you plan:
http://www.legoland.com/California.htm

:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter