How long will it take to see everything in the Magic Kingdom with a family of 6?

Rosa247

Earning My Ears
We have not been to Magic Kingdom in 6 years and we used to buy 3-day base tickets for our family to visit everything in Magic Kingdom. We plan to go the week of July 7, 2019. Should I plan for the same or should I plan for 4-day base tickets?

There are a lot of variables, such as the age and stamina of the members of your party, how you use fastpass to your advantage, how long you plan to stay in the parks and at what hours, etc. 3 days IS enough time to do everything, but maybe not if you are leaving for breaks, naps, dining at a resort, etc. If you are able to stay till park closing, that helps too. You can get a lot done at rope drop with short waits, for example, that you wouldn't be able to accomplish if you arrived at 10:30.

Three days should be plenty of time if you are well versed in using the MDE app...

At MK you can often get 10+ fast passes in a day.

You can save a lot of time with mobile ordering at quick service locations.

The crowds get heavy after 11:00 am so definitely rope drop to get the most done with the shortest stand-by lines.

Having said all that 4 days is always better than 3 days when talking Dinsey World! 8-)

It’s going to depend on your definition of “All”. We did all the rides in 3 days over Spring Break, but we also rarely stop for parades. We didn’t do every show like tales with Belle. We also don’t do character meet and greets.

"everything" is the key word here. If you want to see "everything" and not completely fall out from exhaustion, then 3 days would cover it. But, for my family, "everything" means, everything we want to ride, and then ride it multiple times. That takes time. We won't be jumping on some rides or seeing some shows, we won't watch the castle shows or watch the daytime parades, but we will ride our favorites multiple times and have a good time.

So In short, I wouldn't kill myself trying to ride everything, instead I would ride what you can, and enjoy it all.

Also, let's be sure we're talking apples to apples. You're saying you used to buy 3 day base tickets to Magic Kingdom (aka "MK") and are now looking at 4 days tickets to "MK". Are you only planning to visit that one single park? Just want to clarify, because though uncommon I've heard people confuse MK with Walt Disney World. If you're only visiting the one park, I'd suggest that you're missing out on SO much. I'd look at doing more than just one.

As far as MK itself goes, as others said it depends on what "everything" means. If you're talking every single shop, every single attraction, every single show/performance that is a lot of things. If you had a good plan, I think you could do it in 4 days if you spent a good amount of time in the park each day. It would probably even give you enough time to stop and smell the roses some.

But again, you may want to think about doing a few other parks too.

Also, let's be sure we're talking apples to apples. You're saying you used to buy 3 day base tickets to Magic Kingdom (aka "MK") and are now looking at 4 days tickets to "MK". Are you only planning to visit that one single park? Just want to clarify, because though uncommon I've heard people confuse MK with Walt Disney World. If you're only visiting the one park, I'd suggest that you're missing out on SO much. I'd look at doing more than just one.

As far as MK itself goes, as others said it depends on what "everything" means. If you're talking every single shop, every single attraction, every single show/performance that is a lot of things. If you had a good plan, I think you could do it in 4 days if you spent a good amount of time in the park each day. It would probably even give you enough time to stop and smell the roses some.

But again, you may want to think about doing a few other parks too.

Klayfish makes a good point. If we are talking about WDW and not just MK then you will need weeks, not days!

As others have said.
If you are just talking rides. 3 days easily and shouldn't take close to that if you use FPs well and keep gettin gnew ones.
If you include the shows (castle shows, parades, country bear, philhamagic, etc) a full 2 days, maybe more.
If you include character meet and greets, 3 days probably won't be long enough.

No way I can answer your question with any sense of accuracy so I'll only add that if you can do a 4 day, its better than a 3. If you can do a 5, it's better than a 4. The more flexibility you add on the front end, I think the better chance you will have to see everything you want to see.

If you truly mean you're just going to MK, you are seriously missing out! Please consider branching out. MK is actually our least favourite of the 4 parks.

For our family, $$$ is a factor, so days in the parks are limited. We get 5 day tickets and are able to see most of what we want by having a good plan. This is what we do:

Magic Kingdom - 2 days
Epcot - 1 day
Hollywood Studios - 1 day
Animal Kingdom - 1 day

Also depends on the age of your children and which rides they like best. Small children get bored browsing the shops while older ones might enjoy looking for something they want to buy. As most others have mentioned above, it depends on what your family likes/wants to do and less on how others might choose to enjoy it. If the park is very crowded even having multiple FastPasses won't change the amount of time it takes to walk from one ride to the next. If you spend a lot of time zig-zagging to catch the next available FP, that will take quite a bit of time vs. enjoying whatever you want see in a certain areas of the park.

I think a big variable will be if you have children with you. my children tend to fall in love with certain rides each trip and want to ride them over and over again. This takes up time, we have been to Disney many times so we don't mind letting the kids make the choices of what we do. For my family of four three days is plenty of time to visit only MK at leisurely pace that does in include parades, shows, fireworks, breaks for lunch and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter