• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long to get to MK from AK

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
We're planning to hop to MK from AK to catch Fantasy in the sky, and Spectromagic. ( they're not showing on the day we plan to visit MK 10th Dec )
How long will it take, and which is the best form of transport to take ?
Should we take our car from the AK parking lot, to MK parking lot ?

Where are you staying?
Not sure I agree the car being the fastest way to MK from AK.
You will have to park then shuttle over to the TTC, then monorail or ferry to MK.
Depending on where you are staying.......There are better options.
Example: we are staying at ASMu. We would drive to AK, then back to the resort. Saving the "wait-time" for the bus at AK. Then catch the bus to MK.
Better Yet......hop on the Polynesian or Contemporary bus from AK and monorail or ferry from there.
Actually, if you take the bus from AK to Cont., it is a short walk across the street into MK.

We never drive to MK! IMHO....it just isn't worth the hassle to park, shuttle, ride, etc. When the bus will get you right to the front gate.

I think there is also a direct bus from AK to MK!! Check on it.
No, I just checked on it.....you would have to take a bus to TTC then ferry or monorail....
Still think that is better than the drive!

If you take a WDW bus for a special event, allow for LOTS of extra time, just in case. Whatever you think it will take, double that, and extra padding wouldn't hurt.
You never know about the bus transportation. It could be perfect. It could be ugly. Better to be safe than sorry and have stress free time to kill.
Enjoy! :)

I'd say drive...

And the ONLY reason I am saying that is because you already have your car in the DAK parking lot. If you take the bus to the MK, and then watch all the nighttime entertainment... you're going to have to wait in the line for the monorail, and then wait for a DAK bus... and then you're gonna have to walk out to your car at night in the huge DAK parking lot. So you might as well just take the car with you.

Unfortunately, we're not staying on site.
We're staying at The Sheraton World Resort.

If we dont drive, we'll have to get transport back to AK to pick up the car.
Would Disney transport be better all round ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter