• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long to get a handicapped placard (sticker)?

ADisneyQueen

DIS Veteran
I sent an application in for one at the end of April. The drs. office did not put how many months on the application (it's temporary), so they sent it back and I filled it in and sent it back. That was 3 weeks ago! I really need it for my trip on the 23rd. I'm in PA and have tried to call DMV but can't talk to a real person. I sent an email, but I'm not hopefu.

Are you able to go to the DMV in person? I know that here in Calif. you can go in person and get it.

We just got one for my DM. Dr just sighed the paper, took it to the place you get you tag, not the DMV here in NC. Cost 5.00 per tag with a two limit. Easy and quick.

Here you take a DMV form that your doctor fills out to the town clerk (or city clerk) and they give you it then.

Normally you will take the form, after it has been signed by the doctor, to wherever license plates are issued and you will be issued the placard on the spot.

I'm in PA also. I remember taking my application signed by the doctor to my state legislative representative. I have a renewable placard with replacements mailed to me at the appropriate times. If you still haven't heard it might help to contact your state representative.

Good luck!

I also too the signed form to the clerk's office where I get my tags and got it on the spot.

I was temporarily working and living in another state when the need for a handicapped sticker arose so I did the whole thing through the mail. For Michigan it took about two weeks before my tag was mailed back to me.

Well i just got an email saying it was processed June 5th and it should be here within 10 days of that date.
The form I filled out said to send it to the DMV in Harrisburg, there were no other alternatives and that's what the DR,'s office told me to do. I wish I could have taken it somewhere close.

DMV in Harrisburg is the ONLY choice in PA. You're following the correct advice. I hope it arrives soon.

I got it a few days ago. It's so nice to have. I am out of my foot cast but I hobble around in this walking boot and can't go to far.

have a great time on your trip--are you renting an ECV?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter