How long to do Aquarium of the Pacific?

PrincessYessenia

DVC Member - AKV
On the first day of my trip I will be doing the Aquarium first, followed by Medieval Times, but I was wondering how much time is enough to see the entire Aquarium?

We won't be getting to the Aquarium until about 1pm or so and we have a special package at Medieval Times so we're asked to be there between 6 and 7. We are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Our plan was to leave the airport and be inside the Aquarium no later than 1pm. Leave around 6pm, head to the hotel to check in, and get ready for Medieval Times, and get there by 8pm. But since we were upgraded to the Kings Royalty package (as I believe it's called) we need to arrive sooner than before.

So I just wanted to know how many hours I need to be able to have a late lunch there at the Aquarium and see everything.

Thanks for any and all advice!

It's been a few years since I've been there, but I think 1-6 p.m. would be plenty of time unless you were booking a special tour or one of the add-ons like a harbor tour.

PHXscuba

Thanks for the advice. Also, if you remember well enough, is there a photographer there that takes professional pictures for purchase? Because I planned on purchasing one if they had that option available.

I don't remember any professional photographers there, but my mother and I were toting four kids, and I was still in a walking boot for a broken foot :eek: so I don't think I would have noticed.

Probably best to call the Aquarium and check on the photographer. I know they'll do your pictures at Medieval Times; don't know about the cost/quality.

PHXscuba

I have an annual pass, and they have photographers there. The best part of the AoP is when they have the divers in the huge tanks! There is also a very friendly sea lion who will play with you.

It's about a 25 minute drive from the Aquarium to Times, without traffic though.

Awesome! I'm so excited and can't wait! :)
Can you tell me how the photography works? Is it by the picture or packages?

We were just there and we there was a photographer when we first entered, but that was all I saw. We didn't actually go look at the photos so I don't know how they sell them or the cost. I also saw an area where you could get your picture and they would crop you into a scene that you chose. We didn't do any of the shows or feedings so 2 - 3 hours was enough for us before we left for the whale/dolphin spotting cruise. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter