• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long to allow for Emeril's dinner??

sadiebug

Mouseketeer
We have ressies for Emeril's at 5:30pm on May 8th. Was wondering how much time I should be estimating for dinner. The plan is to try and make it back to MGM to watch Fantasmic! at 8:30pm. I am figuring around 1 hour and 15 minutes. What do you think?? Thanks!!

I haven't been there myself, but I've recently read a few reviews that say dinner can easily take 2 hours there. You might also want to check out the Universal Boards about this.

Do you mean Emeril's at Universal's version of DTD(?walk) or Tchoup Tchoup his other restaurant at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal? We ate at Tchoup Tchoup last June and it was amazing food and service, but it was a very leisurely dinner. I'm assuming that Emeril's is also such.
Connears

It'll be close. City Walk is a distance from the parking. The dinner will take a good couple of hours.

Sadiebug:

We ate there in February....easy 2+ hours for dinner. Service is nice but LEISURELY so I do not think 75 minutes is possible unless you really push it (by the way, food was really good!).

I've got a reservation for May 14th... an early reservation!! trying the degustation menu.

I'll go ahead and say pretty confidently that there is really no way to make that work. If you're counting on 3 hours to eat dinner, get to the car, battle I-4 traffic, park, and get into MGM, you're really, really going to be pushing it. Emeril's is going to be a leisurely affair (and for the price, you'll want to enjoy it; not rush) that will probably push 2 hours easily.

I would either push Emeril's back AT LEAST an hour or wait another night for Fantasmic.

Sorry, not trying to be pessimistic--just realistic!

We went May 2002 . (The second week of May)

We ate at Emerils (ONly two of us) in Downtwon Universal. We ate at 5PM and the restaurant wasnt too busy yet. Later by the end of our meal it was pretty busy and Im sure the larger the party and the later in the evening the more time it takes.

I dont remember it taking more than an hour for dinner.
By the way I have never been so pampered at a restaurant as I was there, and we loved our meal.

One other note. We couldnt get into Fantasmic even as a walk in and it was May. It was so crowded and people stood in line for an hour to get in. We walked up about 15 minutes before show time and they said there was only standing room only, no seats left. You may want to factor in some standing in line time for fantasmic, even in May

Barb

It looks like I will be changing our plans to do Fantasmic! on Friday night instead of Saturday. We'll just have to go watch Wishes at 10pm instead!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter