How Long Till They Boot Ya Out of The Park?

anditoo72

DIS Veteran
I was wondering after we catch wishes would there be enough time to go on a couple more rides like Buzz Lightyear and TTA or do they usher everyone out of the parks quickly??

Don't know if this is how they handle it all the time, but when we were there this past February, shortly after Wishes was over, they started keeping people from going through the Castle into Fantasyland. They also started herding people from the back of the park towards the front. Main Street is buzzing though for at least an hour after the fireworks.

HTH's
Sammy

My sister and I went in June and they close the rides during Wishes. We tried to get a ride on Peter Pan, but everyone was gone and the lines were closed off. Maybe it would be different on e-nights?

In March(10-17), one night when Wishes was between 8-9, and the park was open until 10. We went against the crowd over by frontierland (a little hard to do), but walked right on HM, IASW, and another ride...really quick, and we did not ride a ride after 10(to be fair). It was great, and we wern't the only ones doing it.

I didn't know that they closed the rides during Wishes...Is this true? I have heard of people staying late.

An interesting question that a couple of us have tried to figure out. In Epcot, at least, we've been able to stay at least 90 minutes past official close, with no one asking us to leave. In fact, I couldn't find anyone even watching us. I suspect one could stay two hours in Epcot without being asked to leave. I plan to try this out in December.

Len

We stayed at MGM shopping at least an hour after Fantasmic this past June 16th. We were just about the last ones there. I was afraid there wouldn't be anymore busses to the Contemporary, LOL! The driver told us they keep coming until there's no one left. He said that's usually two hours.

When we were there in January, we were in line for Buzz and they told us we were the last ones riding and closed the doors behind us. When we got off the ride, the front was locked down and they shut down for the night......

Pretty much what everyone else has said, when Wishes starts, the rides shut down....

My question would be, if there is a separate paid evening event such as Merry Christmas Party, and if you were already in line for a ride at normal closing without a wristband, how do they handle it? Or do they block the ends of the ride lines somewhat in advance of normal closing?

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

(Nov. '03) I think it was after Wishes when I went back to Tomorrowland, got in a ride on Buzz and then was the last one to get in line for Astro Orbier. Then came back to the front of the castle to wait for the Kiss Goodnight. I never saw the latter advertised anywhere but if it is a recognized event, I take it that the cast would have a hard time shooing people away.

Thanks for the advice guys!!! To bad there is no concrete answer to this question. I will have to let you guys know what happens when we go in August!!!

It was close to closing, and we jumped off the speedway and ran to Buzz. We were just in time! The CM told us that as long as we were in line before closing, we would be allowed to ride.

This was before last year's Night of Joy, so after that you had to have a wristband to ride.

Not sure if this is accurate but we were told that regardless of park closing time, some rides (Peter Pan?) close during Wishes because they have to flood the roof to protect against some of the fireworks that are shot off nearby. Right after Wishes one night, there was enough water on the walkway in front of Peter Pan that it was hard not to believe the CM when he told us this. The ride reopened shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter