How long is your usual solo trip to WDW? (out of state)

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
I'm planning my first solo trip for early December 2019. Right now I'm at 12 days 11 nights. Is that too long? First 4 nights would be at Universal. Then 2 nights at PORFQ followed by 5 nights at BLT using my dvc. I do have some nerves/anxiety about being by myself for 12 days. I'm usually a pretty private person and don't like talking to random people I don't know but usually have had a family member to talk with on trips. So getting back to my main question for people who live outside florida and go on solo trips. How long is your usual trip and did you ever get lonely on a trip that affected your experience. Thanks

I'm planning my first solo trip for early December 2019. Right now I'm at 12 days 11 nights. Is that too long? First 4 nights would be at Universal. Then 2 nights at PORFQ followed by 5 nights at BLT using my dvc. I do have some nerves/anxiety about being by myself for 12 days. I'm usually a pretty private person and don't like talking to random people I don't know but usually have had a family member to talk with on trips. So getting back to my main question for people who live outside florida and go on solo trips. How long is your usual trip and did you ever get lonely on a trip that affected your experience. Thanks

Ive made single day trips from Virginia but my next one is ten days. You don't have to force yourself to talk to people, but generally people are friendly enough at Disney you can strike up conversations in line or at some of the bars. There is also a meet up board on here.

I’ve done 2 solo trips now. My first was 15 days 14 nights. This last was 7 days 6 nights. The week trip felt a bit short. After 2 weeks I was moused out for a bit, but I don’t think it was too long at all. If you have a couple of extra days, do Universal or enjoy your resort.

I’ve done 2 solo trips now. My first was 15 days 14 nights. This last was 7 days 6 nights. The week trip felt a bit short. After 2 weeks I was moused out for a bit, but I don’t think it was too long at all. If you have a couple of extra days, do Universal or enjoy your resort.

There is also the Kennedy Space Center and SeaWorld locally. Tampa has Busch Gardens and a big cat sanctuary. You can go out to Cocoa Beach and surf or enjoy the beach. St. Augustine is two hours away if you want some history. A lot of other things I am leaving off, but central Florida is packed with things to do with days away from the parks. I do recommend a day at any of the local water parks(Disney has two, Universal has Volcano Bay, SeaWorld has Aquatica, and over by Busch Gardens Tampa is Adventure Island).

I always travel solo and like you I don't talk to random people... My trips are anywhere between 7 nights and 20 nights... And the end of the 20 nights trip I was ready to head home but 12 days is good no problem. My perfect timing if I could would be 2 full weeks (14 days) not counting travel time.

I've got a last minute solo trip. Just 4 days, but I'm a little nervous. I am fairly chatty as a person but I wonder if I'll just come across as weird.

I've got a last minute solo trip. Just 4 days, but I'm a little nervous. I am fairly chatty as a person but I wonder if I'll just come across as weird.
I dont think there is anything wrong with bieng friendly! Go and have a good time.

First solo trip was 5 nights because I wasn't sure how I'd like it. Nest trip was 6 nights, and from then on, it was 7. That's the sweet spot for me - I don't get lonely (I am also a private person and not chatty), but I tend to push myself (go! Go! Go!) and overeat (things I shouldn't) and this old lady can take only so much of that any more!

My first solo trip is planned for August. Was going to do 5-6 days but it was a better deal flight wise to do sat-sat so now I am going for the week. Super excited I already got booked the h20 glow night and mickeys not so scary halloween party.

Thursday-Sunday works best for me. Less impact to those I'm not taking. Usually on a weekend my kids are spending with their father.

Most of my trips are solo trips, and they last anywhere between 5-9 days so 12 isn't horrible. I think the best part of that is you can take your time with everything and have a few "non-park" days to wander the resorts and Disney Springs as well as take in a few of the other parks outside of Disney (I saw you were going to Universal which you really need more than a day at). As others have said if you have access to a car you can see a lot of Central Florida in 12 days so I say do it. And as others have said, you can be as social as you wish especially when you dine. I normally have my tablet with me during dinner so I tend to be involved with that for my table services.

I'm leaving for my first solo trip this Saturday, driving ten/eleven hours down. I'll be stag Saturday through late Wednesday night when I pick up my wife at the airport so we can do After Hours at AK on Thursday.I plan on doing Epcot this Sunday, Four Parks/One Day on Monday and then maximizing my time on Tuesday at either MK or Epcot again (since Festival of the Arts won't be as crowded on a weekday) and Wednesday at DHS (and wherever else I go after that half-day park). It's the two of us from Thursday morning until Sunday morning, so it's AK, MK and then probably Epcot again, unless we switch Friday and Saturday's parks.

45952716275_a3b68ea86c_o.gif

My last few trips to WDW have been solo and they have been getting longer each year. I fly to FL so short trips aren't worth it any more.

I am now up to 7 days but I could easily see myself going longer if the rest of my life fits into that.:p
I do tend to talk to people but not always so I would call myself an introvert most of the time.
The longest solo trip I have taken was 30 days in Europe.....loved it! Didn't really feel homesick but once I got home, realized I did miss it. I know that may sound weird.
I can see a longer trip to WDW in my future. :flower1:

I've done plenty of solo trips--shortest was 6 nights, longest was like yours 11 nights. I've been to Disney many, many times and so solo for me is relaxing in the extreme--don't have to rush to get to anything since I've done it all many times before. App makes it easy to change and cancel any ADRs and FP+--so very quick to alter plans at the last minute if u just feel like taking it slow one morning, afternoon or evening, or for an entire day for that matter. I'm also one not to randomly strike up a conversation unless I have a specific question. So I'm sure you'll enjoy your entire time at the World. Have a great one--December especially nice with all the decorations and the XMAS party!

I tend to do 7-8 nights. Last year I did 9 nights and loved the bit of extra time. I’m an introvert, and love the fact that I can go entire days never speaking to anyone at WDW if I don’t want to! It’s a great place to be alone but not be really alone, if you know what I mean.

My solo trips are shorter - but that's do to work scheduling and the fact I take other vacations with family and friends so I can't spend as long solo. For me - a solo trip that long would be harder on the person I am leaving behind at home than me!

I have, on occasion, felt lonely on a solo trip -but it's usually pretty fleeting. I do tend to avoid "hanging out" in WS in EPCOT in the later evenings because I just feel like it's all couples and it makes me miss my other half. And since some of WDW trips involved my niece, I sometimes miss having her kid joy around as part of my touring.

But really - I'm pretty cool traveling solo and would LOVE to take longer solo trips. They rejuvenate me so much - calms the stress at work, reminds me why I love all my family, and gives me time to let my brain be creative.

So - have a blast! Nobody can tell you if you might have passing moments of loneliness - but if you are willing to take a solo trip in the first place - I suspect you will be fine - or you would not have even had the nerve to plan it!

My solo trip will be 5 nights just due to my kids and the schedule. I think you going between 2 theme parks will break it up and your time frame sounds perfect. Hotel hopping changes things up as well. I have done that many times with my daughter. Almost feels like a whole new vacation
As for the social aspect. I have not traveled solo but with my little girl who runs off and makes friends at the pool. So most evenings I find the hot tub and pool bar are a good place to talk to others if in need of a bit of adult interaction, if you don’t feel like you need that just retreat and start the day fresh. Your trip will be fantastic, enjoy!

I just got back from my second solo trip, a 7 day / 6 night stay. I did Tuesday to Monday because I was taking a few extra days after a family wedding and Monday was a holiday. Five full days felt a bit short to me. I would definitely do it again if find that the times line up, but I'm definitely doing a Saturday to the next Sunday trip next time.

Usually 6 nights. Twice 12 nights. Once only 4 nights.

Nope, I never get lonely on a trip that affected my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!