How long is too long?

I did the typical 14 night trip last September. It worked out fine. I think 10 nights would be great.

I vlogged the lot it was a great experience.

I am curious how many people doing solo trips are men?
We usually go for 15 nights when going as a family when we do Disney/Universal/Discovery Cove/Shopping etc., but 10 seems about right for a solo trip (Disney only, not universal etc.).

I am planning to vlog this solo trip, any tips?

That'd be interesting to find out, maybe create a thread on the boards with a poll?

I did the typical 14 night trip last September. It worked out fine. I think 10 nights would be great.

I vlogged the lot it was a great experience.

Hey Fandomlife,

I've been watching your vlog of your solo trip - it looks like it was good fun despite the rocky start, which I must confess made me slightly pensive about customs for my own trip in March, especially with such a long flight from the UK. It seems strange/unfair to me that they'd give you such a hard time, as they must have so many solo travellers on a daily basis going for a whole variety of reasons. Nonetheless it looks like you had a good time afterwards. I found your account of your trip to be very honest (not implying that other's haven't been too) and definitely a worthwhile watch.

I've run into very few men who are solo tripping it to disney. Lots who are locals and most have another interest like photography, vlogging, cast member having a night out so they come when things change. I've seen lots who have broken off from the family or group during the trip but that's not really a solo trip.

I've done a few solo trips to Disney World, coming from California. I would've never done it before until I was in Orlando on business, and realized that it was a great place to enjoy with any size group, including one.

Personally, I find that 10 days is a long time, but every individual is different. It doesn't help that employees in the U.S. get a dismal number of vacation days per year (compared to similarly developed countries). My ideal solo trip is probably 5-8 days long, even if I'm going far away like London.

Do you think 10 nights is too long for a solo trip?
Not at all. Considering that arrival day & departure day are pretty much wash outs, that leaves 8 good days. You'll likely want at least 1 day mid trip for a day off so leaves you 7 good days. I typically try for 12 days but this Fall have pushed it to 13 days. As a Canadian, we have the same package restrictions as Americans so I can technically stay for 14 nights but only have 10 park tickets. I have booked MNSSHP for one night and this gives me a break that morning & early afternoon. When you figure in new Pandora and the expected phasing out of a number of traditional, fan favourite rides, I'm more than excited to have my 13 nights. I have some new attractions to hit plus a chance to say goodbye to a few old chestnuts. Throw in Epcot's F&W (and the wonderful perk of Fall Free Dining's 26 snack credits with a 13 night stay to use at the food booths), I'm ready for a great vacation.

Not at all. Considering that arrival day & departure day are pretty much wash outs, that leaves 8 good days. You'll likely want at least 1 day mid trip for a day off so leaves you 7 good days. I typically try for 12 days but this Fall have pushed it to 13 days. As a Canadian, we have the same package restrictions as Americans so I can technically stay for 14 nights but only have 10 park tickets. I have booked MNSSHP for one night and this gives me a break that morning & early afternoon. When you figure in new Pandora and the expected phasing out of a number of traditional, fan favourite rides, I'm more than excited to have my 13 nights. I have some new attractions to hit plus a chance to say goodbye to a few old chestnuts. Throw in Epcot's F&W (and the wonderful perk of Fall Free Dining's 26 snack credits with a 13 night stay to use at the food booths), I'm ready for a great vacation.
Sounds like your going to have a fantastic trip! I ended up booking a 10 night stay onsite - not planning to visit a park on arrival day but will on departure day as flight isn't until 8pm. I also got QS dining plan, and Flower & Garden will start when i'm there, so i'll definitely be spending some of my snack credits at the festival booths! :D Have you seen the F&W marketplace menus which were released today?

For me, anything over 4 days is to long. Just me, I know, but, you did ask. If you find stuff to do, your feet don't hurt, your back doesn't hurt and the crowds are not driving you crazy then it is only measured by your individual tolerance.

Have you seen the F&W marketplace menus which were released today?
Yes. A few old favourites are gone but so many new & exciting offerings! Probably the largest number of kiosks in the history of F&W! I don't do the paid extra F&W exclusives. The only extra I routinely pay extra for is MNSSHP and find that is money well spent and a wonderful highlight to my Fall vacation.

I'm envious of your Flower & Garden trip. I missed it by one day the other year. I was hoping for a soft opening the day before official start date but no luck. You have some great & unique kiosk offerings that can't be found at F&W. Have a wonderful vacation & enjoy the planning!

ps Thank you so much for your youtube vlog. I watched the solo man series & thought it was fantastically well done. I'm now making my way through some of your other videos. Watched your Paris Disney Land videos last weekend. Really helpful to see a park I haven't had the chance to visit. Both familiar and uniquely different at the same time.

Re visiting Canada, you must do. However, I might suggest an organized tour concentrating on one area of the country for your first trip. Unless you have 2 months or so to travel, it's difficult to get a complete country overview in 2 or 3 weeks. So much of your time would be eaten by plane travel. My suggestion would be an organized bus tour with focus on British Columbia and Alberta with a mini train trip through the Cdn Rockies. Vancouver Island, Banff, Jasper & Calgary are all incredible places to visit. Canada is like Australia. Huge and varied. If you make one trip, you will be back for a completely different experience 5 years later. :-)

Yes. A few old favourites are gone but so many new & exciting offerings! Probably the largest number of kiosks in the history of F&W! I don't do the paid extra F&W exclusives. The only extra I routinely pay extra for is MNSSHP and find that is money well spent and a wonderful highlight to my Fall vacation.

I'm envious of your Flower & Garden trip. I missed it by one day the other year. I was hoping for a soft opening the day before official start date but no luck. You have some great & unique kiosk offerings that can't be found at F&W. Have a wonderful vacation & enjoy the planning!

ps Thank you so much for your youtube vlog. I watched the solo man series & thought it was fantastically well done. I'm now making my way through some of your other videos. Watched your Paris Disney Land videos last weekend. Really helpful to see a park I haven't had the chance to visit. Both familiar and uniquely different at the same time.

Re visiting Canada, you must do. However, I might suggest an organized tour concentrating on one area of the country for your first trip. Unless you have 2 months or so to travel, it's difficult to get a complete country overview in 2 or 3 weeks. So much of your time would be eaten by plane travel. My suggestion would be an organized bus tour with focus on British Columbia and Alberta with a mini train trip through the Cdn Rockies. Vancouver Island, Banff, Jasper & Calgary are all incredible places to visit. Canada is like Australia. Huge and varied. If you make one trip, you will be back for a completely different experience 5 years later. :-)
Yes, lots of new options this year which is exciting! And yes, 35 kiosks this year I believe! MNSSHP is great isn't it!?

My F&G trip should be awesome! I'm looking forward to it! Last time I did F&G was back in 2006. Thanks, you too!

ps. The youtube vlogs are from the user 'fandomlife' who commented above me (although I will be vlogging my F&G solo trip next year so stay tuned!)

ps. The youtube vlogs are from the user 'fandomlife' who commented above me (although I will be vlogging my F&G solo trip next year so stay tuned!)
My bad! Not enough coffee this morning. Thank you for the well wishes & hoping you have a great vacation :-)

I'll let you know after my trip in September. I've stayed anywhere from 3 to 9 nights, but September will be my first 10 night. I'm looking forward to it and glad I was able to get AKL for most of it because I think this is the most relaxing place to hang when you're not in the parks. I certainly think you can do 10 days--go for it! Have fun!!

It will take some adjustment of time zones for you, but especially since you are staying at POR, spend one night in the lounge at POR to see Yeeha Bob. His show starts at 8:30 on Wednesday through Saturday nights.

I will be in WDW for my first solo trip Nov. 7-17. Actually I leave home on the 6th and don't get back until the 18th, but the previous are my check in and out dates for Pop. I am really looking forward to this.

I willl be solo from Nov 7 to 14th.
I'm looking for a teacups ride partner for the 8th and 9th. It's only ride I don't like doing alone! :flower1:

My longest stay was 14 nights, and that felt too long -- even though I was working and not going to the parks at all on a few of the days. I think 8-9 days is probably my upper limit, maybe a day or two more if there was an event like Food & Wine going on. I tend to prefer doing 3 or 4 shorter trips (like 4-5 days) throughout the year, rather than 1 long one, but I can understand if you're traveling from a further distance how that might not be an option.

For me a solo trip to Disney world is perfect for about 3 days maybe 4 at the max. But that's just me, others might think a week solo at Disney World is good but I don't think I could do it. Being solo at Disney has some advantages such as making your own plans, getting reservations easily at popular eating places like Be Our Guest. However, it can get kinda awkward sometimes as you start to see families, and friends together riding rides and stuff and you have no one. Then some people kind of look at you strange for being alone at Disney and think you are like an weirdo (but that's rare).

That is not too long at all... WDW is huge. 4 water parks, then there's the theme parks, a day by the pool, Disney Springs, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!